List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Guiding Light - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Guiding Light Forum :: Guiding Lights fans cooking...

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Guiding Lights fans cooking...

Started by Rosie Butterface at 2009/07/29 06:12AM
    Latest post: 2014/02/22 03:00PM, Views: 20420, Replies: 178
    « 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 » »| page:
    #131   2010/09/16 10:47AM
    Re: Guiding Lights fans cooking...
    Rosie Butter...

Lisa Miller Hughes Eldridge Shea Colman McColl Mitchell Grimaldi----Oh dang, Lisa would not have a recipe unless she had one of her Chef’s from the Mona Lisa or Lakeview Towers give it to her. Lisa would advise not to cook—cater instead; it gives you more time to look great!!

#132   2010/09/16 11:02AM
    Rosie Butter...

Kim Sullivan, Reynolds, Dixon, Stewart, Andropoulous, Hughes Layered Greek Dip. I can first watching ATWT’s after Dan Stewart died and right before she meet Nick Andropolous, who had a Greek restaurant. I would guess Betsy would know how to make this too—maybe for Football Saturdays. Ok, I will have to try it.
    1 8-oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
    1 Tbsp. lemon juice
    1 tsp. dried Italian seasoning
    3 cloves garlic, minced
    1-1/2 cups prepared hummus
    1 cup chopped cucumber
    1 cup chopped tomato
    1/2 cup chopped pitted Kalamata olives
    1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
    1/3 cup sliced green onions
    Pita chips and/or multigrain tortilla chips.

1. In medium mixing bowl beat cream cheese, lemon juice, Italian seasoning, and garlic with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth and combined.
    2. Spread cream cheese mixture into a deep 9-inch pie plate, or shallow serving dish. Evenly spread hummus on cream cheese layer. Top with cucumber, tomato, olives, feta cheese, and green onions. Cover and refrigerate 2 to 24 hours. Serve with pita chips and/or multigrain tortilla chips. Makes about 2-1/2 cups dip (16 servings).

#133   2010/09/17 09:17AM
    Rosie Butter...

Lily’s Fresh Veggie and Pasta Salad. This recipe has fresh veggies, much like the fresh young girl we all can recall Lily being when she first met Holden. I would bet that Lily would have been given Sunflower Seeds that Emma has on her farm.
    1 head broccoli
    1 small purple onion
    1 head cauliflower
    4 carrots
    ½ cup white raisins
    ½ cup sunflower seeds
    1 pkg., rotini, cooked and drained
    1 cup Miracle Whip
    ¼ sugar
    2 T. white vinegar
    Clean the veggies and cut into bite sized pieces. Add raisins, sunflower seeds and noodles. Mix Miracle Whip, Parmesan cheese, sugar and vinegar and pour over the veggies. Refriderate and serve. Now, I love this, but I still equate eating raisins with eating flies. So if you leave the flies, I mean raisins out, it is still good!! No, I never did eat a fly, but….I think they taste like raisins.

#134   2010/09/17 09:26AM
    Rosie Butter...

Mike and Mark Kasnoff’s Welted Lettuce. These two brothers were sooo dang hot, they could make me melt to my knees and enjoy wilted lettuce at the same time. Need I say more.
    4 cups shredded lettuce
    6 slices bacon
    ½ cup water
    Salt
    1 small onion, minced
    ¼ Cup vinegar
    4 T. sugar
    Peper
    Brown bacon in frying pan. Remove bacon. Combine with lettuce and onion. Combine vinegar, water, and bacon fat. Heat to boiling and then add the seasonings and sugar. Combine with lettuce mixture and serve at once. Now, if you cook bacon, save the grease and add it to your oil when you make popcorn. Well, those of us popcorn snobs who will not eat microwave popcorn. Stove top only for me!!

Mark Kasnoff

#135   2010/09/17 09:41AM
    Rosie Butter...

Ellen Stewart's Apple Butter
    4 qt. apples
    1 qt. apple cider
    2 lbs. brown sugar
    1 tsp. allspice
    1 tsp. cinnamon
    1 tsp. clove
    Cook 4 quarts of apples(enough for 8 cups of strained apples), add apple pulp to 1 quart of apple cider and 2 lbs. brown sugar. Boil, stirring constantly in figure eights to prevent sticking, until thick. When thick add, allspice, cinnamon and clove. Cook until thick enourh to spread. Put into sterilized jars and seals. Serve with Cinnamon toast or even over Ice Cream.

#136   2010/09/17 09:44AM
    Rosie Butter...

Annie Stewart's Homemade Baby Wipes. She was having multi-babies before it was hip on T.V. I believe she had 4 little ones!
    1 Roll Bounty Paper Towels
    2 T. baby bath soap
    1 tsp. baby oil
    2 Cups water
    3 qt. container with lid
    Cut towels in half and remove inner tube. Mix baby soap, baby oil, and water in container. Insert towels and invert until mixture soaks into towels. Use from the center of the roll.

#137   2010/09/17 09:52AM
    Rosie Butter...

A Dixon Thing recipe. I found this online and this was the name of the drink. I am sure Andy would not want one, as I am sure he is still on the wagon. I would guess Dee Stewart Dixon needed many of these when she and John were married.
    serve in a Highball Glass.
    1 oz sloe gin
    1 oz amaretto almond liqueur
    Mix Slow Gin and Amaretto in glass.

#138   2011/01/26 05:40PM
    Bizzie Fan

Hi Rosie,

Even though I don't always post, I still come here to read your recipes. Hope you and your family are doing well.

#139   2012/01/23 02:32PM
    Rosie Butter...

Daisy and Rafe’s Cherry Coconut Bars.
    Crust
    1 Cup of all purpose flour
    3 tablespoons of confectioner’s sugar(aka powder sugar)
    ½ Cup of Cold Butter
    Filling
    2 Eggs
    1 Cup Sugar
    1 teaspoon of vanilla
    ¼ Cup all purpose flour
    ¼ teaspoon salt
    1/2 teaspoon baking powder
    ¾ cup chopped walnuts (I used Black walnut. My Grandma had a black walnut tree in her back yard and would crack them in the winter and give them out to friends and family. I found them in the store and had to use these, but would be good with English Walnuts too!)
    ½ cup quartered maraschino cherries
    ½ Cup flaked coconut
    In a bowl combine flour, confectioner sugar and cut butter until crumbly. Press in a lightly greased 13X9 baking pan. Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes (until brown). Cool on wire rack. (I just let it cool on top of my stove).
    Filling—combine the eggs, sugar and vanilla in a bowl. Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Add to the egg mixture. Stir in walnuts, cherries and coconut. Spread over crust. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until firm. Cool and then cut into bars.

#140   2012/01/24 04:54PM
    Bizzie Fan

Rosie, so good seeing this thread again. Love reading your recipes. They always make me so hungry. Keep em' coming.

« 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list