List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Guiding Light - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Guiding Light Forum :: Guiding Lights fans cooking...

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Guiding Lights fans cooking...

Started by Rosie Butterface at 2009/07/29 06:12AM
    Latest post: 2014/02/22 03:00PM, Views: 22106, Replies: 178
    « 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 » »| page:
    #111   2010/04/03 09:42AM
    Re: Guiding Lights fans cooking...
    Rosie Butter...

A.C. Mallet's Undressing Dressing. This is the recipe for Dorothy Lynce Salad Dressing, which was started in Nebraska. Since Rob Bogue was born in NE, and I cannot make it back home this weekend(yea, little guy is double sick), so, I am missing home a little bit this week!
    1C. sugar
    1/2 C. vinegar
    1 can tomato soup
    1 tsp. salt
    1C. salad oil
    1 tsp. pepper
    1 tsp. celery seed
    1 tsp. dry mustard
    1/2 tsp. garlic powder
    Put all in a blender and blend well. Keep refrigerated.

#112   2010/04/03 02:06PM
    merrymary

Hi Rosie, all is well with me. I just put in a new kitchen, so I would love to have you come to my home and cook some of the fab recipes you give to us. Can you take a week or two off from yor family? I'll leave a light on for you. Have a Blessed and Happy Easter Day.

#113   2010/04/04 08:36PM
    Rosie Butter...

Quote merrymary: Hi Rosie, all is well with me. I just put in a new kitchen, so I would love to have you come to my home and cook some of the fab recipes you give to us. Can you take a week or two off from yor family? I'll leave a light on for you. Have a Blessed and Happy Easter Day.

Merrymary, if I could, I would love to spend a week cooking for ya! My kids just like stuff like hot dogs, ramen noodles and that stuff. My little guy has some health issues, so I do not get out much. I always joke about wanting a boob job. One day my now 10 year old, then 9 year old said that he was glad I did not get a boob job. Why, he did not want to go to day care. My hubby now feels he is the one with the boob job:0) Some day, when the kids are older and on track, I am going to travel, maybe then I can cook ya a big feast!

#114   2010/04/14 07:14AM
    Rosie Butter...

Rusty Shayne's Cowboy Beans. Oh, Rusty was sure a cutie!! In a time when soaps had a lot of suits and Preppie attire, Rusty was a down to earth hottie!

1 lbs of hambuger
    1 onion, chopped
    Salt & Peper to taste
    1/2 C. catsup
    1/2 tsp. liguid smoke
    1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
    1T. brown sugar(I like to add a little more-but taste first)
    1 Can of chili beans
    1 Can of Kidney beans
    1 T. brown vinegar
    Brown hamburger with onion, salt and peper. Mix the remaining ingredients. Simmer for a least half and hour.

#115   2010/04/19 05:42PM
    Bizzie Fan

Hi Rosie, I'm sorry that I haven't talked with you in so long. I have thought of you many times. I hope that all is well with you and your family. I come and look at the board from time to time, and it reminds of all the good times we all had posting together. It is still hard to believe that our GL is no more. Even though I haven't posted in a while, I have been reading you recipes in this thread. They all sound so good. Take care.

#116   2010/05/03 07:20AM
    Rosie Butter...

Little Sara's Twinkie Cake. Just full of sweetness, just like little Sara.
    1 Yellow or chocolate cake mix.
    Filling:
    5Tbsp. flour
    1C. Milk
    Mixture:
    2C. Powdered Sugar
    1/2 tsp. salt
    1/2 C. Crisco
    1/2 C. Margarine
    1 tbsp. vanilla
    Bake Cake in a 9X13 inch pan.
    Filling: Stir filling in saucepan until blended. Cook until thick, stiring while it cooks. It does not take long. Let cool.
    Mixture: Mix in order given, beating until thick with electric mixer. Add Cooled, cooked filling and beat again. Cut cake in half. Spread filling on the bottom of cake. Top with the second half. Store in refrigerator for 48 hours before eating. My mom has used cake rounds too. Just bake cake per mix instructions.

#117   2010/05/03 07:24AM
    Rosie Butter...

Quote Bizzie Fan: Hi Rosie, I'm sorry that I haven't talked with you in so long. I have thought of you many times. I hope that all is well with you and your family. I come and look at the board from time to time, and it reminds of all the good times we all had posting together. It is still hard to believe that our GL is no more. Even though I haven't posted in a while, I have been reading you recipes in this thread. They all sound so good. Take care.

HI Bizzie!!! Thanks for the message!! We have been hit hard around my house again---I will spare ya all the details, but it has been a hard few months around here. But we are all getting back on our feet--I hope!! It is hard to believe that GL is no more. I miss the show so much too! You take care too!

#118   2010/05/19 03:10PM
    Rosie Butter...

Frank’s Beer Batter Chicken. So how, being single for many years, I would bet Frank did not want to waste to much beer for cooking. However, I would guess he used what he had and beer was better then using castor oil?!?! My husband and kids really liked the chicken. My husband did say using his good beer was abuse. Oh well! I am going to try this with zucchini soon. I bet it would be good for onion rings too!!
    Seasoned Flour:
    1 1/2 c. flour
    1 tbsp. garlic salt
    1 1/2 tsp. pepper
    1 1/2 tsp. paprika
    1/4 tsp. poultry seasoning
    CRISPY BATTER:
    2/3 c. flour
    1/2 tsp. salt
    1/8 tsp. pepper
    1 beaten egg yolk
    3/4 c. flat beer
    Combine flour and seasoning in medium bowl. Combine egg yolk and beer or water. Add gradually to dry ingredients. Heat canola oil to 365 degrees in fry pan for deep frying. Moisten chicken pieces. Dip in seasoned flour, then batter, then back in seasoned flour. Fry in hot oil for 15 to 18 minutes or until well browned. Drain on paper.
    If you are using beer and batter becomes too thick, add a little extra beer. Skin can be removed from chicken and you still have a crisp coating.

#119   2010/06/28 06:49AM
    Rosie Butter...

Hi everyone. I know, I have not been good posting anything, let alone recipes. About a month and half ago, our grill was ruined in a mircroburst. I have been smoking a lot this summer--no,not that stuff!! Meats! We bought a grill/smoker. Oh, the Bauer burgers are sooooo good on this thing. I smoked a turkey for like 8 hours and had great leftovers for a good week+. Still trying to get it all figured out, but love my smoken hot summer. I do try to add like a honey to my pork stuff. A little BBQ mix on my beef and whatever is in the cabinet at the time for all else!! The brats are really good too---no, not my kids, the other kind of brats!!!! Speaking of brats, it is before noon, so I have to get my oldest up soon so we can go get his senior pictures done today. My 13yo daughter just hit 5'11. Her leg inseem is 40 inches. Tall, blonde, all legs---my very own Barbie Doll!!

#120   2010/07/01 03:28PM
    Bizzie Fan

Rosie, Hope all is well. I love smoked turkey. We had a smoker several years ago til it bit the dust. We finally got another one this year and like you we are loving it. We are making beef brisket today.

« 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list