List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Guiding Light - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Guiding Light Forum :: Guiding Lights fans cooking...

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Guiding Lights fans cooking...

Started by Rosie Butterface at 2009/07/29 06:12AM
    Latest post: 2014/02/22 03:00PM, Views: 20373, Replies: 178
    « 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 » »| page:
    #91   2010/01/27 06:05AM
    Re: Guiding Lights fans cooking...
    Rosie Butter...

Nola's Coconut Shrimp Wontons---Nola is kind of a small frame lady and a little nutty. She and Quientin have traveled over the years away from SF, so this is something I could see her serving. Having a large family--three brothers, I am sure she knows a lot about football--in Nola terms!!
    Nola's Coconut Shrimp Wontons

1 cup shrimp, cooked and chopped
    1 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
    1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
    1 (9.75-ounce) jar Crosse & Blackwell Shrimp Sauce, divided use
    60 won ton wrappers
    Vegetable oil
    1/4 cup honey
    Combine shrimp, coconut, cream cheese and 1/2 cup shrimp sauce in mixing bowl. Place about 2 teaspoons shrimp mixture onto one corner of one won ton wrapper; moisten edges with water. Fold in half to form triangle; press firmly to seal. Repeat with remaining won ton wrappers and shrimp mixture.
    Pour oil into large skillet to 1/4-inch depth. Heat over high heat for 1 minute. Fry won tons for about 30 seconds on each side or until light golden brown. Remove from skillet; drain.
    Combine remaining shrimp sauce and honey in small bowl. Serve with won tons.

#92   2010/01/28 05:58AM
    Rosie Butter...

Bauer's Back Up BBQ. Since the Bauers have the perfect Bauer Burger, I would guess they would be wonders with ribs too. I am sure with so many doctors in the home, they would also know how best to cut the ribs!! BTW, Coca-Cola or Pepsi is good for a roast too! Helps make it more tender. Okay, so get enough ribs to feed your crowd. Canned Coca-Cola (not diet). Your favorite BBQ Sauce. Garlic, salt, pepper, onion powder. Place the ribs in a baking dish and pour Coca Cola in with the ribs until they are covered. Add BBQ sauce and spices. Allow the ribs to marinate overnight. Slow cook the ribs in the Coca Cola in an oven at 200 degrees for at least 4 hours (up to 12 will make them very tender). Make sure you cover the ribs to avoid burning them. If you're short on time, you can boil the ribs for about 2 hours. Remove the ribs from the oven. Be careful, the meat may fall off the bone. You can refrigerate at this point if you're making the ribs for a next-day-tailgate. Place your ribs on the grill. Brush with BBQ sauce. Sprinkle Old Bay or Cajun seasoning over the ribs if desired (or mix the spice with the sauce before brushing for the best effect).

#93   2010/02/04 03:30PM
    Rosie Butter...

Coop's Rocky Road Dessert Pizza. No reason given, it was about this time last year when Coop died and Phillip came back to us!!
    •3/4 cup butter
    •1-3/4 cup flour
    •1/2 cup sugar
    •1/2 cup light brown sugar
    •1 egg
    •1 tsp. vanilla
    •1 bag (12 oz.) milk chocolate chips
    •2 cups mini marshmallows
    •1-1/2 cups chopped pecans
    •8 oz. caramel candy - melted
    Preparation -
    Spray a 10" springform pan with non-stick cooking spray; set aside. In a large bowl, beat the butter until light and fluffy, using an electric mixer at medium speed for about 1 minute. Add 1 cup of the flour plus the sugar, brown sugar, egg and vanilla. Beat until thoroughly blended. Beat in the remaining 3/4 cup flour to make a soft dough. Spread the dough onto the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake in a preheated oven at 350° for 20 to 25 minutes or until the top of the dough is a light golden brown.

Remove from the oven and top with chocolate chips, mini-marshmallows and pecans. Drizzle melted caramel on top. Return to the oven and bake at 325º for 6 to 8 minutes or until the edges of the marshmallows are light golden brown. Cool on a wire rack for about 10 minutes, then remove the sides of pan. Cool completely before slicing into wedges for serving.

#94   2010/02/04 03:34PM
    Rosie Butter...

Sugar and Spiced Pecans. Well all the women ever to be on GL were either sweet as sugar or a hot spice--most were both. But all were everything nice! Sugar & cinnamon turn plain pecans into a great party snack!
    •1 pound Georgia pecan halves
    •1 cup sugar
    •3/4tsp. salt
    •1 tsp. ground cinnamon
    •1 cup water
    •1 tsp. vanilla
    Preparation -
    Preheat the oven to 300º. Lightly butter a heat proof serving platter or tray. Place the pecans on a butter-sprayed baking pan and place in the oven to toast for 10 minutes (shake frequently about every 5 minutes). Remove the pan from the oven and set aside. Place the sugar, salt, cinnamon and water in a 2-quart saucepan. Place the pan over medium-high heat, and stir with a wooden spoon until the mixture forms a syrup that spins a small thread when you pull the spoon from the syrup, about 5 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat. Fold in the toasted pecans and vanilla. Stir quickly to combine the nuts and syrup. Quickly pour the mixture onto the prepared platter. With a spoon quickly, but carefully, separate the nuts. Let the nuts cool until the syrup has set. Store in a tightly closed tin or in a covered plastic container.

#95   2010/02/11 05:00PM
    merrymary

Hey Rosie, can I come and live with you? All those great recipes, do you cook most of them? If I do come and live with you, and you do all the cooking, I promise I will clean up after you. Keep the great recipes coming, I have used many of them. You need to write a GL cookbook.

#96   2010/02/12 06:13AM
    soapfanccb

Hey, i think that's a great idea!! i'm going to see the cast @ so long springfield in CT - so excited. wish i could go on the cruise too! have you guys heard about it? www.celebrityeventsgroup.com

Quote Rosie Butterface: Hi ya all! I know none of us are ready for the 9-18-09 to come. If some of you are like me, anxiety about it is growing. For me, cooking helps and of course, all the GL fans. I thought it would be fun to have a Guiding Light/Springfield Cookbook. Everyone add a fairly short recipes named for a character on the show. You can have more than one character and they can from the past as well as present. I was thinking this would be fun to share and something we could all copy on our own and have a little memory of not just a show we love, but knowing what friends we made. Maybe sound silly or corny, but that’s me!!

#97   2010/02/12 07:56AM
    calliope

Grady's Ichabod Cookies (because Grady always reminded me of Ichabod Crane)

2 1/2 c all-purpose flour
    1 tsp baking soda
    1 tsp baking powder
    1 tsp ground cinnamon
    1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
    1/2 tsp salt
    1 1/2 c granulated sugar
    1/2 c softened butter
    1 c Libby's pure pumpkin
    1 large egg
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    Glaze

preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease baking sheets
    Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamom, nutmeg and salt in medium bowl. Beat sugar and butter in large mixer bowl until well blended. Beat in pumpkin, egg and vanilla extract until smooth. Gradually beat in flour mixture. drop by rounded tablespoon onto prepared baking sheet.
    Bake for 15-18 min or until edges are firm. Cool on baking sheets for 2 min; remove to wire racks to cool completely. Drizzle glaze on cookies.

GLAZE
    Combine 2 c sifted powdered sugar, 3 TBS milk, 1TBS melted butter and 1 tsp vanilla extract in small bowl until smooth.

#98   2010/02/12 03:17PM
    Rosie Butter...

Quote merrymary: Hey Rosie, can I come and live with you? All those great recipes, do you cook most of them? If I do come and live with you, and you do all the cooking, I promise I will clean up after you. Keep the great recipes coming, I have used many of them. You need to write a GL cookbook.

Yes Merrymarry, you can come live wiht me! However, my almost 10 year old wanted to go to the dentist the other day---he said he was in need for a cavity search!! So, Crazy R Us!! I have cooked most of the recipies, a few I pull as need to go with a GL cast mate. I grew up in a farm community, and also have family that are the best cooks I will ever know. The cooks at my school were great and in high school, I worked at the nursing home and they too were top cooks too, so I grew up with great food and GL. I hope some of the GL cast looks at this site and gets a good laugh at it. I will add more later. I cut the heck out of my finger and had stitches and have to wear a brace for awhile, so my typing is not that good. I would hate to type 1 cup of salt and mean 1 tsp.

#99   2010/02/14 04:22PM
    merrymary

Rosie, please take care of yourself, and I am sorry to hear of your accident.Take care, my friend.

#100   2010/02/15 08:15AM
    Rosie Butter...

Quote merrymary: Rosie, please take care of yourself, and I am sorry to hear of your accident.Take care, my friend.

Thank you Merrymary! It is what at my house we calll a dumb dumb wound. Just being careless. Here is a recipe I was sent from an saleperson. It was a cute tittle and good for many that lived in Springfield. I call it the Annie Dutton, I cannot tell a lie Cherry Pie:
    Prep Time:
    25 MinCook Time:
    50 MinReady In:
    1 Hr 15 Min
    Ingredients
    1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
    4 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
    1/8 teaspoon salt
    1 cup white sugar
    4 cups pitted cherries
    1/4 teaspoon almond extract
    1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1 1/2 tablespoons butter
    Directions
    Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C). Place bottom crust in piepan. Set top crust aside, covered.
    In a large mixing bowl combine tapioca, salt, sugar, cherries and extracts. Let stand 15 minutes. Turn out into bottom crust and dot with butter. Cover with top crust, flute edges and cut vents in top. Place pie on a foil lined cookie sheet --- in case of drips!
    Bake for 50 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden brown.

« 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list