List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Guiding Light - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: Guiding Light Forum :: I wonder if the fans count- to GL?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

I wonder if the fans count- to GL?

Started by suburbandiva at 2006/09/11 06:43PM
    Latest post: 2006/09/12 10:28PM, Views: 614, Replies: 5
    page:
    #1   2006/09/11 06:43PM
    I wonder if the fans count- to GL?
    suburbandiva

This is the most lack luster storyline that I have seen in a long time. I've been watching GL, for at least 25 years maybe longer. But, I have never seen storylines like GL have been writing. Its like if you don't like the storyline and complaine. So freakin what!? No one seems to care about what we the fans would WANT to see! It very sad! I have it before I don't like nor do I watch Cassie and Josh! I think it is sick! to take a charactor and make chopped liver out of them! But, DK, and Wheeler seem to say the hell with what the fans want we are going to write sick storylines and you people are giong to watch! I would like to think that we the viewers mean something, but more and more I feel our voice means nothing! And, I guess thats why their ratings are going down the tubes!

#2   2006/09/12 09:45AM
    Re: I wonder if the fans count- to GL?
    TWOTONE

Quote suburbandiva: This is the most lack luster storyline that I have seen in a long time. I've been watching GL, for at least 25 years maybe longer. But, I have never seen storylines like GL have been writing. Its like if you don't like the storyline and complaine. So freakin what!? No one seems to care about what we the fans would WANT to see! It very sad! I have it before I don't like nor do I watch Cassie and Josh! I think it is sick! to take a charactor and make chopped liver out of them! But, DK, and Wheeler seem to say the hell with what the fans want we are going to write sick storylines and you people are giong to watch! I would like to think that we the viewers mean something, but more and more I feel our voice means nothing! And, I guess thats why their ratings are going down the tubes!

#3   2006/09/12 09:45AM
    TWOTONE

YEAH!!!!! YOU GO TELL THEM

#4   2006/09/12 09:53AM
    mod matt

I'm sure they care. They're just experimenting. For some reason which escapes me, and I've seen alot of people on the board comment about it, incestuous or semi-incestous relationships seem to be a big topic these days. It's certainly not unique to GL, they've done it on a few different shows in the past year or two and it tended to give ratings a bump. Whether this is some attraction to a taboo, or a product of the fact that soap opera characters tend to live in an incredibly limited social sphere, I don't know. But I do think they're moving away from the Cassie-Josh thing now so, hold in there.

#5   2006/09/12 06:48PM
    Marti

I have been wondering the same thing. We have, for the most part, all been saying the same things___ Reva should tell Josh she is sick; Josh and Cassie stink as a couple; the new Cassie just plain stinks; bring back some of the old characters like Marah, Shayne, Hawk, Dillon, Fletcher, Michelle, Danny,Bill, Holly, and Ed; add some new charcters; put Alan back in control of Spaulding; give Alexandria back her dignity; let Billy have a romance of his own; keep the time line somewhat realistic; and keep Josh and Reva together forever, always. We have been saying these things loud and clear. Is anyone at CBS or GL listing? Constant repetitive conflict gets tiring after a while. We, the viewers, deserve some R E S P E C T. I have been watching GL everyday since 1970, except the 5 years when Reva was gone. Lately I have found the show a little disappointing. I find myself tuning in late and one of these days I might just say, OOPS I MISSED IT.

Modified 2 times(s), last time at: 2006/09/12 06:57PM
    #6   2006/09/12 10:28PM
    artieo79

:0 My sentiments exactly. I used to hurry to get back to GL, but not anymore. If I miss it, so what? What have I missed? Turmoil-I don't need.

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list