Updated: November the 16th
It's a Monday night. You've just finished work and a drink looks pretty good. What looks even better would be a drink served by one of your favorite soap actors for charity. Guiding Light's Laurence St. Victor (Remy Boudreau), John Driscoll (Coop Bradshaw), Robert Bogue (A.C. Mallet), Murray Bartlett (Cyrus Foley) and Robert Newman (Joshua Lewis), Mandy Bruno (Marina Cooper) will be joining other stars of the stage and TV for this year's Annual Celebrity Bartending Night.
Tips collected by the charming performers will be donated to Stockings With Care. Founded by television casting executive Rosalie Joseph and writer-producer Tom Fontana (Oz, The Bedford Diaries), the charity helps provide holiday gifts for children of families in homeless shelters and those who can’t afford to give their children gifts for the holidays.
The event will take place on Monday, November the 19th, 2007, in Frank’s at 410 West 16th Street (between 9th and 10th Avenues) in New York City. Actors will be serving from 7:00 PM until 11:00 PM.
For additional information, please see Amy's great article here.
Updated: November the 9th
* Gina Tognoni (Dinah Marler-Mallet) will be joining the cast members of many of our favorite soaps and other TV shows when she appears next week on the 'People's Celebrity Week' of famed game show Wheel of Fortune. Be sure to tune in on Friday, November the 16th to cheer the fabulous Gina on as she spins the wheel for charity. Please check your local listing for the channel and station and check out our article about the week long event on out main page.
Updated: October the 22nd
* Can't wait for the imminent return of David Andrew MacDonald aka Edmund Winslow? You can get a little DAM fix this week when the actor will appear on an episode of Law & Order:SVU this October the 16th on NBC.. He will be playing Dr. Gerald Morgan.
* Kim Zimmer (Reva Shayne) will be taking part in a book signing for Guiding Light: Jonathan’s Story on Saturday, October the 20th at 2:00 PM. If you're feeling out of the loop and want a little more information on the book involved, feel free to check out our article here. The event will be happening at the Borders Books and Music Store, located at 80 Wayne Town Center in Wayne, NJ. For additional information, please call 201-712-1166.
* Kim Zimmer and Robert Newman are expected to be taking part in this year's Annual WorkShop Theater Company Benefit: Red to Black Party. The benefit promises a great night out and will feature three different events starting with a meet-and-greet reception including stars from both GL and ATWT, followed by a special cabaret show and concluding with a party. The event will be hosted by ATWT's Ellen Dolan on Monday, October the 29th at 8:00 PM. It will take place in the Red to Black Cabaret at the seat Zipper Factory Theater located at 336 West 37th Street, between Eighth and Ninth Avenues in New York City. Tickets for the three events can be purchased at the TheaterMania website here or by calling (toll free) 866-811-4111.
* This weekend, GL actors will be in Nashville, Tennessee for the Find Your Light event being held there. This Friday, you can catch Ron Raines (Alan Spaulding), Jessica Leccia (Natalia Rivera) and Michael O'Leary (Rick Bauer) when they appear on local CBS affiliate WTVF. The three performers will talk about the show and their experience working with the Hands On Network as they travel across the country doing volunteer work alongside fans and community groups. For more information on Hands On Nashville, please visit their official site here. Tune in to Talk of the Town on Friday, September the 28th at 11:00 AM for the interview.
* Michelle Ray Smith (Ava Peralta) will be making an appearance on CBS' The Early Show next Monday, September the 17th. She will be there to talk about her work for The American Foundation for Suicide Prevention (AFSP). The actress is also appearing in the current edition of Glamour, where she discusses her father's suicide. To view the article, please follow this link.
* You can see a daytime actor somewhere they rarely seem to go: Late night television. Nicholas Art, better known as 'Zach', is quickly become Guiding Light's most well-established actor. He will be appearing on Late Night with Conan O'Brien this Friday, September the 7th at 12:37 AM. He'll be making this appearance to support his new film The Nanny Diaries, starring Scarlett Johansson (see our story here). The busy young actor is currently shooting another film, this time starring GL alumni Kevin Bacon and Paige Turco. More details on that project later...
* Fans of Marcy Rylan (Lizzie Spaulding) will have two chances to see her in person this week. The talented Ms. Rylan will be taking part in the meet and greet portions of the COSMOgirl Soundstage concerts. She'll be making an appearance on Thursday, August the 30th, at University of Central Florida's Memory Mall. You can also catch up with her on Saturday September the 1st at the Darien Lake Performing Arts Center for the Hilary Duff Concert.
The following week, you can see Lizzie's former chauffeur/paramour Coop (John Driscoll) when he appears at the University of Massachusetts, Southwest Horseshoe on Saturday, September the 8th.