General Hospital - NEWS ROOM

In our 'General Hospital' News Room, Soaps.com keeps you up-to-date with the latest Soap Opera news on the net. We also feature interviews with the soap stars, as well as local appearances by the actors and actresses.

General Hospital Recasting the Role of Michael Corinthos.

Monday, March 22 2010

Chad Duell (Facebook)
    ABC has confirmed to Soaps.com that Drew Garrett is leaving the role of Michael Corinthos on General Hospital.

Chad Duell ("Wizards of Waverly Place," "Suite Life on Deck") will replace Garret beginning April 20.

In a statement, ABC declared, "The continuing storyline will have viewers on the edge in the weeks leading up to May sweeps as Michael and his father frantically try to hide the truth that he murdered his stepmother Claudia."

They added, "We want to thank Drew Garrett for his time with General Hospital and wish him well in all his future endeavors."

How do you feel about the recast? Share your thoughts with Soaps.com below. Don't forget to view our GH Comings and Goings for more casting news!

Posted by ale19in at Monday, March 22 2010 01:35 PM

Aww that's sad i really like Drew Garrett's preformance.

Posted by cowboys fan at Monday, March 22 2010 01:42 PM

I hate it.

Posted by chychy65 at Monday, March 22 2010 01:44 PM

I liked drew garrett... wish him all the best... and he looked like jason (lol)...

Posted by elliemae46 at Monday, March 22 2010 02:21 PM

Wow! that sucks, this young man showed the depth and emotions that went with the character. Not to mention he resemble Jason a little. GH seem to be recasting without a second thought to how its viewers feel. I love Jonathan Jackson, but I refer Greg Vaughn for the storyline happening now.

Posted by budie at Monday, March 22 2010 02:25 PM

the recast of Michael is a mistake. Drew Garrett is an excellent actor. I'd like to know WHY this is being done. Stupid move on the part of the PTB.

Posted by matfi at Monday, March 22 2010 02:42 PM

I really hate it. I really liked Drew Garrett. I was a little unsure at first; but, he fit right in and did an awesome job as Michael. I thought he resembled Jason ALOT!!

Posted by HOT PINK at Monday, March 22 2010 02:49 PM

Drew Garrett was doing a GREAT job as Michael. Don't see why they had to recast him!

Posted by GayleneB at Monday, March 22 2010 02:49 PM

Boo!!! I like the current Micheal, why do you guys do that!!!!

Posted by myrtsgirl at Monday, March 22 2010 02:59 PM

I really loved Drew he seemed to really have the right attitude for Sonny's son sad to see him go

Posted by skysthelimit at Monday, March 22 2010 03:35 PM

Awww! No! I am going to be so sad! I loved Drew Garrett! He was doing so well. He was a fantastic actor! I think this is so wrong, nothing against Chad Duell. I will watch him first before making a judgement.

I think this is so weird and just plain wrong. I am going to miss Drew, he was perfect. He had the right attitude and played everything from waking up from the coma so well. He gave the perfect mix of Carly and AJ plus the attitude of being Sonny's kid. His brother/sister relationship with Kristina is nice too, very sweet. I want more explanation! No thought to the audience... don't get me wrong love Jonathan Jackson but still getting used to him as Lucky since its not Greg Vaugh

MORE COMMENTS: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 » »| page: