General Hospital - NEWS ROOM

In our 'General Hospital' News Room, Soaps.com keeps you up-to-date with the latest Soap Opera news on the net. We also feature interviews with the soap stars, as well as local appearances by the actors and actresses.

ABC Changes General Hospital's Online Viewing.

Thursday, January 02 2014

(ABC)
    How to stay up-to-date online.

ABC is making changes to how viewers can watch "General Hospital" online. Starting Monday January 6 viewers who are unable to watch the show during its regular timeslot in the Daytime line-up will only be able to view the show the next day online, on a mobile device via the Watch ABC app, or on Hulu.com. To do so requires fans to sign in with their cable TV provider. Participating TV providers are AT&T U-verse, Charter, Cox, Optimum, Verizon FiOS, and Xfinity. If your provider is not participating you can also purchase a Hulu Plus subscription.

Viewers whose cable providers are not participating can purchase episodes at iTunes or Amazon, or wait a week for the episodes to be uploaded at ABC. Soaps.com also will keep fans up-to-date of all the happenings in Port Charles with our in-depth General Hospital daily recaps.

Flash back to New Year's Eve 1982 in Port Charles for this week's Throwback Thursday General Hospital Poll featuring Blackie Parrish. Read Soaps.com's Celebrity News for information on Miley Cyrus dating Kellan Lutz.

Follow Soaps.com on Twitter @soapoperafan, and Soaps.com on Facebook. Come tweet and Facebook with us about "General Hospital," all the other soap operas, "Dallas," "Glee," "Grey’s Anatomy," "Pretty Little Liars," "Revenge," "Vampire Diaries," and "Venice The Series."

- Violette DeSantis

Posted by ransomha at Thursday, January 02 2014 01:41 PM

I want SOAP NET

Posted by steph8478 at Thursday, January 02 2014 02:16 PM

It's terrible to make it difficult, especially for the older viewers that are not computer literate! Just bring back SOAP NET!!

Posted by wordsandmusic at Thursday, January 02 2014 03:32 PM

That sucks. Why make it so difficult? So every time Obama decides to interrupt with his lies & BS, or some other news story that can't wait another 60 minutes cause the world might end before then, & God forbid, they can't possibly pre-empt that stupid twit Bethenny, I just have to miss whatever happens that day, because I'm unable to have access to any of those. Thanks ABC.

Posted by ilsalund at Thursday, January 02 2014 04:24 PM

Thanks, Disney. First you get rid of SoapNet and now you make it difficult for us to watch if there's an interruption. I guess you're trying to get rid of GH again, huh?

Posted by AJLSF at Thursday, January 02 2014 10:42 PM

Hey, guys...Another way to watch GH is on YouTube. I've been doing that...fyi.

Posted by Cynic at Friday, January 03 2014 06:19 PM

ABC couldn't alienate the viewers more if it tried. Having dumped the overpriced satellite TV because them jerking me around by dropping stations and moving programs I liked to a higher paying tier, I am damned if I am going to go back to paying for a provider when my rabbit ears give me more watchable channels for free.

Last night they had a 2-hour special of 'The Taste' a cooking/game show on Prime Time no less. As if we didn't have more than enough cooking shows that we have to have one thrust on us in Prime Time. I heard that one of the four judges, Nigella Lawson is getting $200,000 an episode. If they have that kind of money to throw around, they could have used it on the daytime dramas.

Posted by fancy nancy at Sunday, January 05 2014 03:55 PM

I have been watching general hospital for the past 41 years and much to my surprise I will not be able to watch it anymore because the soapnet channel is gone for good..
    I understand why the channel is gone but the sametime it will make it very hard to watch the show.
    I do have a cable box which was conneceted to my TV set a few years ago but I also have a dvd/player which I connected to my TV years ago as well I did video tape the show until I had to get a cable box.The problem now is have not been able to reconnect my dvd/player so I can use it again i did plug it back in but nothing happend. So i was at least happy to be able to watch the show on soapnet but the channel is gone.I did however call my cable provider and the person with I spoke with was not able to help me .i asked some one else and the person could not help me either.SO do hope that some other chanel picks up soapnet so the the older viewers can watch in the evening.