General Hospital - NEWS ROOM

In our 'General Hospital' News Room, Soaps.com keeps you up-to-date with the latest Soap Opera news on the net. We also feature interviews with the soap stars, as well as local appearances by the actors and actresses.

Erik Valdez Out At General Hospital.

Friday, November 16 2012

(Daniel Tanner/WENN.com)
    Exiting the canvas.

Soap Opera Digest has reported that Erik Valdez (Trey) will be leaving the cast of "General Hospital."

This has not been officially confirmed by the series so far. The actor joined the cast in June and has been a major player in recent stories connected to Kate (Kelly Sullivan) and Kristina (Lindsey Morgan). No word yet on what will make his character leave Port Charles or what his final air date may be.

Soaps.com wishes him all of the best in his future endeavors.

Read about the next season of "Married To Jonas" in our Reality TV Rush. And learn what's happening next week in Port Charles in the General Hospital Spoilers.

Join us on Twitter @soapoperafan, and Facebook. Come tweet and Facebook with us about "General Hospital," all the other soap operas, "Dallas," "Glee," "Grey’s Anatomy," "Vampire Diaries," and "Venice The Series."

- Matt Purvis

Posted by jumps at Friday, November 16 2012 12:46 PM

I must say I am surprised. I thought he was doing an excellent job as Trey and there was great potential in his character.

Posted by Hollie_Soaps.com at Friday, November 16 2012 01:11 PM

I agree @jumps. I think he was given a raw deal with the Mob Princess storyline but there was some great things that could happen with him. He can always come back to avenge Joe Jr. in 20 years or so!

Posted by raineysmom at Friday, November 16 2012 01:13 PM

I'm really sorry to see EV go. I was really beginning to like him.

Posted by papaya at Friday, November 16 2012 04:46 PM

At first I didn't like him at all but I thought once he interacted with his father and wasn't acting like a jerk, that we was quite likable. In fact, I actually cried when Kate/Connie told him about his birth and abandonment. I felt really sorry for him. The whole Connie child story has some juicy possibilities and I'm sad that he's going.

Posted by silence1534 at Friday, November 16 2012 06:50 PM

Wow....just as I was starting to like him! He was a little wooden at first, but I've really enjoyed his friendship with Starr. I wonder if this means Kristina is gone, too? Maybe they'll go back to college together, or something.

Posted by roropant at Sunday, December 02 2012 07:13 PM

Too bad it's not Michael that's leaving!!!!

Posted by raylit at Wednesday, December 19 2012 10:51 PM

Good riddance!!!

Posted by raylit at Monday, December 31 2012 01:12 PM

I have a feeling Connie is going to cause Trey's death accidentally