General Hospital - NEWS ROOM

In our 'General Hospital' News Room, Soaps.com keeps you up-to-date with the latest Soap Opera news on the net. We also feature interviews with the soap stars, as well as local appearances by the actors and actresses.

General Hospital's Genie Francis and Family Temporarily Relocate to...

Monday, September 08 2008

ABC
    By now, we've all heard about the lovely New England lifestyle of Genie Francis and her family. Her home furnishings boutique, The Cherished Home, is doing well and Genie loves running it. (Read more about it here.) Well, Soaps.com has learned that Genie and her husband, actor & director Jonathan Frakes, are giving a West Coast lifestyle another trial run, now that their children are older. (Son Jameson is 14 and daughter Elizabeth is 11.) Whether or not the family will definitely relocate reportedly depends primarily on how well the children adjust to their new schools. The family left Southern California over six years ago to move to London for three years before settling down in Maine.

Now that Laura Spencer seems to be on the road to recovery and Genie has committed to this month's screen time as well as a couple weeks during November sweeps, dare we hope that she will return to the show permanently? Genie can't confirm any such thing, but has gone on record to say that if that doesn't work out, she loves her month-long visits as she is doing now and did for last fall's sweeps.

In the meantime, she is set to tape the sequel to last year's holiday movie, "The Note" for The Hallmark Channel. The movie will come out in June of 2009 and taping starts as soon as her current stint on GH wraps up. Her husband Jonathan is currently working a TNT series called "Leverage".

Soaps.com wishes the Francis/Frakes family the best of luck during this transitional period. Needless to say, we hope the adjustment goes very well!

Posted by lighthouse112 at Tuesday, September 09 2008 01:18 PM

I am so happy that Geni/Laura is back on GH!! I hope that TPTB get this right and keep her around!!

Posted by lukeluvslaura4ever at Tuesday, September 09 2008 02:24 PM

Please keep Laura around - I am so enjoying her and she looks wonderful.

Posted by cassowary at Wednesday, September 10 2008 08:34 PM

Laura takes me back many years, and I was hoping, without much hope, that someday she might return and she did. She looks great, I hope she becomes perminent in the future.

~~~~~Laura Fan 4-Ever.~~~~~

Posted by 2centsn at Thursday, September 11 2008 07:05 PM

Genie Francis looks absolutely beautiful, healthy and glowing, I hope she sticks around for a long time on the show. Kudos for Laura, Im glad to see her back!

Posted by Windy at Friday, September 12 2008 02:04 AM

Genie is such a great actress, i have watched GH when she first came to the show, and I have been a fan since. We need Genie back. There are so many grat storylines for her,I can not imagine why they can't bring back Luke and Laura. The fans want this and so does Genie and Tony, so what is the holdup. WE need them , and less mob.

Posted by Deb.R at Tuesday, September 16 2008 10:09 PM

I am so glad Geni Francis is back! but for how long. I hope GH keeps her around a long time. The show is not the same without her. And wow she does look great. If she can't stay she should make a movie with her hunky husband Jonathan Frakes. What a great idea, yeah, do that.

Posted by Bonbon413 at Sunday, September 21 2008 11:35 AM

I..like others, would love to see Genie back as Laura. Maybe when Luke comes back from his vacation, we can see them together again!! Bring Helana back too....she always brings some excitement!

Posted by PrueLaura at Monday, September 22 2008 05:11 PM

I want them to keep Genie/Laura on the show. I would love it if they could get Laura and Luke back together again. I mean Tracy's ok but she's no Laura. Plus I want to see more of the mother daughter storyline.

Posted by agathachristie at Friday, September 26 2008 05:13 PM

I am so excited that Genie and Ted are making a sequel to "The Note". I have watched it several times and just saw it again last Thursday when a good friend from Texas was visiting. I had told her to see it in December, 2007, and could not believe it was on again when she was visiting!!!! We really like Ted!!!!

Posted by tillison84 at Wednesday, October 01 2008 08:13 PM

BRING GENIE (LAURA) FRANCIS, BACK IS ALL THAT I CAN SAY!