General Hospital - NEWS ROOM

In our 'General Hospital' News Room, Soaps.com keeps you up-to-date with the latest Soap Opera news on the net. We also feature interviews with the soap stars, as well as local appearances by the actors and actresses.

Kimberly McCullough Leaving General Hospital.

Monday, July 16 2012

Kimberly McCullough (ABC)
    On her way out.

Updated: July 16, 2012.

Kimberly McCullough will be popping up in Port Charles again as the supposedly dead Robin. Look for her to appear to Patrick on July 20.

Updated November 23, 2011:

Kimberly took to Twitter to address her decision to leave "General Hospital" and thank her fans for all their support.

"Thank you for your tweets. I have read all of them. I wish I had words for the type of gratitude I feel for all of your support for so many years. Personally, I feel like it's the right time for me to pursue my dream of directing episodic TV as well as writing and directing feature films. I am heartbroken as well. To leave Robin, a character that is a huge part of myself and my life. "GH" is my family and you (the fans) are like my extended family. I hope you will come with me along the journey. I've enjoyed getting to know so many of you. If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't have been able to make Nice Guys Finish Last, a film that ultimately gave me the courage to leave the nest and step behind the camera. In the coming months [Jason Thompson (Patrick)]and I will pour our heart and soul into the story that is given to us. I can promise you that much. Everything else is out of our control. I am sad too, but I intend to make the best of it. Again, thanks for the love and opinions and support. I appreciate it more than I can ever express. Stay tuned..."

Originally posted November 22, 2011:

Soap Opera Digest reported on their Facebook page that Kimberly McCullough is leaving "General Hospital." Apparently she has chosen to pursue directing full time and will leave the role of Robin Scorpio in early 2012, as storyline dictates.

McCullough has played Robin since 1985, but stepped away from the role from 1998 – 2005. During her time in Port Charles, Robin endeared herself to fans first as the young child of Robert (Tristan Rogers) and Anna (Finola Hughes) then as the teen who contracted HIV from her first love Stone (Michael Sutton) and moved on to Jason (Steve Burton) after Stone's death. When she returned after her hiatus, she became half of the popular duo Scrubs with Jason Thompson's Patrick.

Robin and Patrick have spent the last couple of years battling Lisa Niles (Brianna Brown). Now that Lisa has been murdered, will Robin be found guilty and sent off to prison as the reason for her exit? Or will something else force her to leave? Vote and share your theories below.

Get the details on fellow "General Hospital" star Jonathan Jackson leaving General Hospital. Join us on Twitter @soapoperafan, and Facebook. Come tweet and Facebook with us about "General Hospital," all the other soap operas, "Dirty Soap," "Glee," "Grey’s Anatomy," "Vampire Diaries" and "Venice the Series!"

- Lori Wilson

Posted by robinpatrickalways at Tuesday, November 22 2011 07:10 AM

GH deserves to be cancelled now. They had Kimberly all this time and didn't use her.Instead we got 2 years wasted on a no name useless psycho who should have died a long time ago. 2 years of that Fatal Attraction which became a NON story.GH wasted Kimberly's talents.Intead now we get Robin dying. GH died a long time ago. Robin and Patrick should be leaving GH together to make the trip we were told they would. Scrubs should get their happy ending and so should the fans.I though Guza was bad this new writer just rubs salt in the wombs. All these plans and Patrick doesn't pay only Robin does with death. Sick of Robin paying for others mistakes. Patrick cheated, Psycho wins because Robin dies. I am not celebrating Robin's death and won't watch Patrick with another. Not with ANY women on GH and not with a new character. I Won't watch Emma get a new mommy. I rather see GH die as it should have been the first soap cancelled. It destroyed characters and did away with vets. I notice the men who left didn't die and like Jonathan Jackson said Lucky is too important to kill off. WELL, Robin is just as important and should not die either. I am a GH cancellation fan. Can't wait till I can laugh at what ABC allowed JFP, Guza and Garin Wolf do to this show.

Posted by SuperSoapStar at Tuesday, November 22 2011 10:24 AM

You are so right robinpatrickalways. Kimberly has put smiles on our faces since she came on as 6 year old, Robin Soltini and immediately got got involved in the Asian Quarter storyline. Wow, it seems so hard to believe that she had a storyline. For years she didn't have a storyline, then she finally got one and it had to be with a psycho trying to kill her. Robin is like al the other veterans of the show, either not shown or destroyed by the writing. I hope that she at least go out with an amazing storyline. She at least deserves that much. My vote goes to other in hopes that this is all false. Kimberly is so talented and deserves so much better than GH has given her over the last no counting how many years. Is this supposed to be a sign that GH is ending. With Lucky and Robin leaving and who knows who else will be joining them, what is there left of the show. Oh right, the newbies. I got nothing against new characters, because all of them were new characters at some point, but don't forget about those that people have loved to see. That is my advice to GH. If they decide to kill Robin off, I am done! Robin has always been one of my favorite characters and I will not watch her die. I will not watch the show live on without Robin. I will not approve of her being sent to Shadybrook either. Robin is not crazy and to try to claim that she is, is a disgrace to the character. Kimberly, you are amazingly talented and I wish you the best of luck and I really hope to see you soon.

Posted by BrendaJasonLove at Wednesday, November 23 2011 10:08 AM

I hope that she is not killed off.

Posted by bash20 at Thursday, November 24 2011 03:27 PM

I can't believe Kimberly is leaving GH. I have watched her grow on the this show. She, Monica, Luke represent very different and important moments in soap history. She is a great actress. I enjoy her character Robin with Patrick and can't imagine watching Patrick with someone else. I will not watch the show after she leaves. I do wish Kimberly the best.

Posted by LMcC1 at Thursday, November 24 2011 04:51 PM

If they're true to the Scorpios, (Robert and Anna, not Mac) she should go on the run.

Posted by LMcC1 at Thursday, November 24 2011 04:54 PM

She should run off with Lucky on an adventure. A Spencer and a Scorpio adventure that they could come back from later.

Posted by Dexdon at Friday, November 25 2011 11:14 AM

Her and Patrick should leave together...perhaps to Africa to help set up an Aids research centre or something. Not dead, not in prison, and definitely not in Shadybrook. All three of them together, happy.

Posted by roses4880 at Monday, November 28 2011 01:49 PM

This is some bull.com!!!! I agree with all of you. they wasted good talent for some stupid fatal attraction storyline. this show should've been cancelled long before AMC and OLTL

Posted by only2Soapsilike at Tuesday, November 29 2011 10:32 AM

its sad to t see Kimberly go and i hope she pulls throw and full piles her drema to be come a Director and i hope they don't killer off but give Robin a New person

Posted by swartz2448 at Wednesday, November 30 2011 04:25 AM

I think if Kimberly wants to do other things then great.. I think it would be a great time for this whole AIDS DRAMA to come full circle. To bring it back to the front lines. If they are going to kill of the Robin then do it that way make it right for her and Stone. But I don't want Emma or Patrick to end up with HIV... Let the story line come to a final end with Robin.. I want to see it end that way instead of them just killing her off.

MORE COMMENTS: 1 2 3 » »| page: