List of Shows



    recommended for you


    Tell your friends

    TELL YOUR FRIENDS

    General Hospital - DAILY UPDATES

    In our 'Daily Updates' section, Soaps.com gives you your daily dose of what's happening on 'General Hospital'! We invite you to read our in-depth updates, which we strive to ensure are posted before 6:00pm ET!

    Kiss And Tell.

    Friday, July 26 2013
    Silas tries to trick information out of Kiki, Britt wants to save face with Nikolas, and Brad wants Michael to kiss before he tells.

    Show / hide text

    Share on Facebook

    printable PRINTABLE VERSION - View a printer friendly version of this article

    Please register and login to be able to email this article to your friends

    USER COMMENTS

    Posted by ransomha at Saturday, July 27 2013 08:41 AM

    Mezzoid: WOW! Great idea for a s/l. Never thought of that!

    Cynic: I agree.
    Tracy mentioned juice boxes in the fridge when Morgan wanted to toast his engagement and not sitting shiva. Two funny lines, off the top of my head.

    Also agree about poor pathetic Brad.

    sfcom: I think the show is good too! And the rating hike proves others do too!

    Posted by Scrimmage at Saturday, July 27 2013 10:12 AM

    Mezzoid wrote: “Someone is going to kill (Brad), probably Britt's mother, but Michael will be blamed.”

    I posted the same thing about Brad meeting a horrible fate at the hands of Frau Blücher on page 2, but I thought it would be Britt that would take the heat. I like the Michael angle too, but I don't want him to flirt with prison again.

    Posted by Scrimmage at Saturday, July 27 2013 10:40 AM

    After Edward's will was read, we got bogged down several times trying to figure out the ELQ stock situation, as if it were a real company, only to end up more confused than we were when we started, and that was BEFORE Frodd and Kinky were added to the mix. That's why I'm hesitant to go there again, but since this most recent vote seems to be the big, and hopefully decisive, and final showdown between Teams Tracy and AJ, I wanted to make a couple of observations. First, let's look at how everything is supposedly divided up. I know they said there's be no math, but just stick with me and it will all be over in a minute.

    Despite history that says people like Sonny, Jax, and probably others I can't recall were (or are) stockholders in ELQ, apparently what we're talking about here is some super secret, “special” stock that divides up Edward's controlling interests and voting rights in the company. I don't know if such a thing exists in real life, but it does in Port Charles. Anyway, thanks to AJ's handy flipchart, we have the breakdown of these shares, and who owns how much.

    Team Tracy:
    Tracy 0%
    Ned 10%
    Dillon 10%
    Jason 5%
    Brooklynn 5%
    Maya 5%
    Alice 5%
    Danny 2.5%

    Adding up to a presumed 42.5 % for Tracy, plus Frodd's 10% (thanks to Ava), for what everyone believed would be a total of 52.5%, and a controlling interest in ELQ.

    Team AJ:
    AJ 10%
    Skye 10%
    Jason 5%
    Lila Rae 5%
    Michael 5%
    Monica 5%
    Danny 2.5%

    Giving AJ 42.5%, plus Kinki's 5% for a total of 47.5%. That is, until Alice switched sides with her 5% and put AJ over the top at 52.5%. Alice IS “The Dominator.”

    What stands out to me is the fact that there is no advantage for Alice, or anyone to team up with Tracy because she has no stock of her own, and it's shocking that Skye, who is unrelated by blood to the Q's, controls more of the stock than Monica, Alan's widow. Between voting her daughter's shares and her own, Skye controls 15% of the company, compared to Monica's measly 5%. It's a good thing Alan gave Monica the house. No wonder Tracy hates Skye with a passion.

    The other invisible power player is obviously Sam, who has apparently divided the proxies for both Jason's shares and Danny's between Tracy and AJ. She also controls a whopping 15% of ELQ, which means that two women, with not a drop of Quartermaine blood between them, control 30% of the company. Why AJ and Tracy haven't been trying to swing Sam over to one side or the other is beyond me, even though she has had her hands full recently.

    The other question is, where is Lucy's name in all this? Didn't she somehow have 1% of the “voting stock” as recently as a couple of months ago? Wasn't that why Tracy was sucking up to her and why she temporarily moved into the Q Mansion during the Nurses' Ball? Wasn't it her vote that broke the tie between AJ and Tracy that kept Tracy in charge until Lucy went all “Slayerish” and was declared incompetent, and Tracy ousted?

    Of course, a lot of that got lost in all the kerfuffle with the OLTL Three, and the Prospect Park debacle that started right after the NB, but it still happened, didn't it?

    And where exactly did Frodd and Kinky's shares come from? They're just a percentage of the total so I assume they had to come out of everyone else's portfolio. Taking a 15% percent hit on an investment is pretty tough, especially if it's going to a psycho serial killer. I'd have my legal team working around the clock filing injunctions and demanding DNA tests all around. There's no way Kinky's birth certificate, listing Slimas as her father, wouldn't have turned up.

    I think the original idea was for Sam to be the key to controlling ELQ, so that AJ would've had to win over his sister-in-law as a friend. But when they added Lucy in the mix, they wanted to involve her in something other than the NB and vampire slaying, so they needlessly ruined her company, only so that she couldn't underwrite the NB herself, and gave her the ELQ stock so that Tracy or AJ would foot the bill. As I recall, that didn't happen either, and some mysterious (and still anonymous) donor paid for everything. Another dropped thread. The point is that Lucy's ELQ stock has disappeared as conveniently as it appeared, and TPTB apparently think we've been too distracted by all the inconsistencies in the current storyline to remember.

    Well, I do, so take THAT, RC!

    Posted by SouthGAgirl at Saturday, July 27 2013 11:39 AM

    Hi Guys! Happy Saturday!

    I haven't watched yet...just read the recap.

    I want MorGONE GONE!!!! I am so sick of him!!! Somebody needs to put that little smart mouthed brat in his place! Kiki will drop him like a hot potato when she finds out about him hiding the truth about her father from her! When does the next semester start at Vanderbilt? Go back to school MorGONE & pay attention to your professors!!!

    I wonder if the B!tch even knows that the baby she is carrying is Nic's nephew/niece??? Does she know that he & Lulu are brother & sister??? He is not going to like what she has done BUT then she will have had a baby for Lante, so in the end they do get their child. It "should" be interesting to see how it all pans out...I'm just ready for both babies to get here & all the secrets & lies & deceptions come out!

    Off to read some posts...will probably post more later...

    Posted by SouthGAgirl at Saturday, July 27 2013 11:41 AM

    OT

    crbu...hope the treatment went well & that you are not having any bad side effects! Take it easy, sweetie & RELAX! Sending you lots of love & healing thoughts/vibes/& prayers!

    Posted by SouthGAgirl at Saturday, July 27 2013 11:44 AM

    OT

    Thank You! You have a wonderful weekend too, gulla!
    And Everyone else have a great weekend!

    Posted by SouthGAgirl at Saturday, July 27 2013 12:00 PM

    cbru...so glad that you dr said you are doing well! Sorry that you were not able to get you chemo yesterday...hope all goes well on the next attempt! Still praying for you, as always! You are gonna be ok, girlfriend! I feel it!!

    Posted by Cynic at Saturday, July 27 2013 01:46 PM

    I could be wring, but I thought Edward Q's will stipulated LIVING heirs, in which case, why would Sam get a share of Jason's stock as he is presumed dead? And what about Jimmy Lee Holt, Edward's son? id Edward cut out his children, Alan, Tracy, AJ and Jimmy Lee?

    Don't want to see Brad sacrificed to a whodunnit. He is a pathetic little sad sack, but there is more potential for a story line than a murder. Let Felix take him under his wing and remake his image.

    REALLY glad to see Mutter return. Wonderful actress. I would like to see her go head to head with Helena.

    Posted by cbru at Saturday, July 27 2013 05:08 PM

    lily, lovesdogs, rans, southGAgirl-thank you for your good words and praters.

    Posted by thundering herd at Saturday, July 27 2013 05:29 PM

    Happy Sat evening to all

    I've been following the action at the GH fan club weekend, and it looks like a fun time, hopefully next year I'm there. Today was the whole cast gathering. Here is what I've read. ME is very popular with most fans, he had the longest lines of people getting autographs, and he smells delish. This tells me he is not going anywhere. Sam's father is a person from a family we have heard of. KM likes working with ME.

    There was one post that bothered me. All day on the #GHFCW twitter acct. it has been a totally love fest, than out of the blue someone, who hasn't posted anything else, felt the need to say something awful about how KA looked in person. Now, I think you all know I am a KA fan, and that I respect her devotion to keep the soap opera genre alive, and involved with the show. I guess my point is why did this person have to be so mean, I just don't get the "mean person" mentality. That's my rant.

    MORE COMMENTS: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 » »| page:

    Please Register and login to post your comments.
    » Back to Daily Updates