List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: Who wants Jill Farren Phelps fired as Executive Producer of GH?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Who wants Jill Farren Phelps fired as Executive Producer of GH?

Started by Cutie_098 at 2008/10/18 12:17PM
    Latest post: 2008/10/18 04:45PM, Views: 955, Replies: 9
    page:
    #1   2008/10/18 12:17PM
    Who wants Jill Farren Phelps fired as Executive Producer of GH?
    Cutie_098

I think that Jill Farren Phelps needs to be fired as Executive Producer of General Hospital, Wendy Riche needs to be named the new Executive Producer of the series! She previously served as the executive producer of General Hospital from January 28, 1992-January 22, 2001. She won 5 Daytime Emmy Awards for General Hospital for Outstanding Daytime Drama Series. She also is responible for the storylines of Stone's death from AIDS, and Maxie's organ donation! Riche is also responsible for focusing nearly all of the show's storylines in or around the hospital(or medical storylines), where as Phelps on the other hand, doesn't! Hello! The name of the show is General Hospital not General Mob! Wendy Riche will boost GH's ratings and also win more Emmy's for the show! If you guys want Jill Phelps fired as the executive producer of General Hospital and want Wendy Riche to take over the executive producer duties for General Hospital then please write to and/or e-mail General Hospital ASAP! You can find their contact information under the FAQ section in this website.

#2   2008/10/18 12:25PM
    Re: Who wants Jill Farren Phelps fired as Executive Producer of GH?
    jnlforever

So Cutie_098 is it safe to assume that the last thread that you opened about this was not true? You said that you read that she was fired but now you want us to write and e-mail to get her fired? What gives?

Modified 2 times(s), last time at: 2008/10/18 12:41PM
    #3   2008/10/18 01:13PM
    shelrick

I think it is completely inappropriate to ask for people to create a "movement" to have someone fired when we do not actually know the ins and outs of the their jobs, their workplace, etc. So, NO I do not want Phelps fired. I think that decision should be left up to her boss(es).

#4   2008/10/18 01:56PM
    meowbowow

All I can do is shake my head!! I'm not going to petition to have someone fired, that's not my place. Like shel said, leave it up to their bosses. They will take care of it w/o our help!! Here's a novel idea....... if u don't like the show, don't watch!!

#5   2008/10/18 03:05PM
    pegrckr

Quote meowbowow: All I can do is shake my head!! I'm not going to petition to have someone fired, that's not my place. Like shel said, leave it up to their bosses. They will take care of it w/o our help!! Here's a novel idea....... if u don't like the show, don't watch!!

IF and it's a big IF any of the two threads are true!

#6   2008/10/18 03:51PM
    MorWeb

shelrick & meowbowow I'm in agreement with you both ...it is not my place to do anything directly to get anyone fired. I may believe that Luza Guza has over stayed his welcome, and run out of any fresh ideas, but I will do nothing to get the job of his firing done. This is not to say I won't do a happy jig when either he and/or JFP are released, but the best judge of when it's time for them to go is their superiors. Who's to say that I'm not laying the sins of others at their feet? Perhaps I am. Their superiors know whether or not they're doing the jobs they're paid to do. Bringing GH to our screens is a group effort, and we on the outside cannot see precisely who the wink link is. That being said I really have my fingers crossed that TPTB do some housecleaning soon so that what we see on the screen is better than what we see there now.

Another item I'm hoping we can agree on...let's just let the next thread that the OP of this thread opens float to page 2 without response. Same for the Elizabeth hater. Kinda our way of firing them as thread-starters.

~MorWeb/Diane

#7   2008/10/18 03:55PM
    shelrick

Quote MorWeb: shelrick & meowbowow I'm in agreement with you both ...it is not my place to do anything directly to get anyone fired. I may believe that Luza Guza has over stayed his welcome, and run out of any fresh ideas, but I will do nothing to get the job of his firing done. This is not to say I won't do a happy jig when either he and/or JFP are released, but the best judge of when it's time for them to go is their superiors. Who's to say that I'm not laying the sins of others at their feet? Perhaps I am. Their superiors know whether or not they're doing the jobs they're paid to do. Bringing GH to our screens is a group effort, and we on the outside cannot see precisely who the wink link is. That being said I really have my fingers crossed that TPTB do some housecleaning soon so that what we see on the screen is better than what we see there now.

Another item I'm hoping we can agree on...let's just let the next thread that the OP of this thread opens float to page 2 without response. Same for the Elizabeth hater. Kinda our way of firing them as thread-starters.

~MorWeb/Diane

one of your best posts ever!!!! I completely agree with everything.

#8   2008/10/18 04:31PM
    onlygh

I'd just like to add that this is a real person we're talking about. It seems very mean-spirited to me to start-up a campaign to get someone fired when you know absolutely nothing about her or her performance in her job. The writing of a soap is cyclical, it seems to me. I've been watching GH for many, many years. The writing and stories will be super for a while and then off for a while longer. Keep in mind that this is a show that is on every weekday, every week, all year, year-after-year. It's not a once-a-week show shown for 6 months. The story-mapping and advance planning and research (not to mention the casting challenges) that goes into producing a soap must be unbelievably difficult. I sure wouldn't want to be out here in the peanut gallery suggesting that someone in charge of all of that should be fired just because I didn't like the story direction.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2008/10/18 05:14PM
    #9   2008/10/18 04:36PM
    MorWeb

Quote shelrick:
    one of your best posts ever!!!! I completely agree with everything.

Thank you VERY much shelrick. Coming from you especially-because I think you post some of the most insightful things - I consider this HIGH praise indeed! See you around the board! ~MorWeb/Diane

#10   2008/10/18 04:45PM
    pegrckr

Personally I don't believe anything until it actually happens.

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list