List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: Sonny's nationality????

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Sonny's nationality????

Started by gbiondo at 2008/07/07 01:01PM
    Latest post: 2008/07/08 06:40AM, Views: 4570, Replies: 20
    1 2 3 » »| page:
    #1   2008/07/07 01:01PM
    Sonny's nationality????
    gbiondo

Does anyone know what nationality Sonny Corinthos is supposed to be?? Is it Italian or Columbian, Spanish, Mexican, or another kind of Latin character

I thought he was spanish -- but now with the Italian Zacchara family -- i am hoping he is an Italian mobster -- i wish he would speak italian on the show.
    It would be really cool if he spoke that languange fluently on the show.

#2   2008/07/07 01:03PM
    Re: Sonny's nationality????
    shepmajor

Quote gbiondo: Does anyone know what nationality Sonny Corinthos is supposed to be?? Is it Italian or Columbian, Spanish, Mexican, or another kind of Latin character

I thought he was spanish -- but now with the Italian Zacchara family -- i am hoping he is an Italian mobster -- i wish he would speak italian on the show.

I *think* he's Puerto Rican... or maybe Cuban. I can't remember exactly what Nationality they said Adela was...

#3   2008/07/07 01:08PM
    lovinjolu4ever

Quote gbiondo: Does anyone know what nationality Sonny Corinthos is supposed to be?? Is it Italian or Columbian, Spanish, Mexican, or another kind of Latin character

He has metioned on a few occasions that his mother was from Cuba

#4   2008/07/07 01:13PM
    MorWeb

Adela was Puerto Rican, and Mike is white so Sonny is Puerto Rican/White.

#5   2008/07/07 01:58PM
    Soap Dweeb

His parents are from Nicaragua and San Salvador.

#6   2008/07/07 02:01PM
    luv_J8son_n_Liz

Sonny's biological father, Michael Corinthos, Sr. is of Irish and Greek descent. Sonny's mother, Adela Corinthos is of Cuban heritage.

#7   2008/07/07 02:03PM
    joe2811

Quote Soap Dweeb: His parents are from Nicaragua and San Salvador.

I think you are thinking of Maurice Benard, the actor, not the character of Sonny Corinthos.

#8   2008/07/07 02:05PM
    joe2811

Quote luv_J8son_n_Liz: Sonny's biological father, Michael Corinthos, Sr. is of Irish and Greek descent. Sonny's mother, Adela Corinthos is of Cuban heritage.

Sonny's character has spoken lines from time to time in Spanish and reference has been made to Adela's nationality, however I swear that there has been mention of Sonny being Italian. What about all that Italian cooking he boasts? I think these writers just throw things around sometimes

#9   2008/07/07 02:09PM
    luv_J8son_n_Liz

Quote joe2811:
    Quote luv_J8son_n_Liz: Sonny's biological father, Michael Corinthos, Sr. is of Irish and Greek descent. Sonny's mother, Adela Corinthos is of Cuban heritage.

Sonny's character has spoken lines from time to time in Spanish and reference has been made to Adela's nationality, however I swear that there has been mention of Sonny being Italian. What about all that Italian cooking he boasts? I think these writers just throw things around sometimes

I checked wikepedia and no mention of him being Italian. I wonder if his Italian cooking skills goes back to being raised in Brooklyn... and if I remember correctly... he was a regular at that Italian restaurant.

#10   2008/07/07 02:16PM
    joe2811

Quote luv_J8son_n_Liz:
    Quote joe2811:

I checked wikepedia and no mention of him being Italian. I wonder if his Italian cooking skills goes back to being raised in Brooklyn... and if I remember correctly... he was a regular at that Italian restaurant.

hey luv,
    careful of that tricky wikepedia....the editing of wikepedia is very loosely regulated.....there is frequently misinformation on that site....especially w/ fictional characters....so anyway.....I know it doesn't mention it, but I am almost sure that the whole Brooklyn thing was that he was Italian?????? Ok, so now I'm probably harping on this but it's totally bugging me......

1 2 3 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list