List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: How did you spend the hours before YOUR wedding?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

How did you spend the hours before YOUR wedding?

Started by jcrobinson at 2006/11/16 01:51AM
    Latest post: 2006/11/24 01:18PM, Views: 268, Replies: 7
    page:
    #1   2006/11/16 01:51AM
    How did you spend the hours before YOUR wedding?
    jcrobinson

I know it's crazy, but I'm working away in the wee hours of the morning and I realized "It's L&L's wedding day!" I started wondering what Laura, Lesley and Lulu will do before heading over to Lila's rose garden. Which, made me think of my wedding day. Which made me wonder about all of my friends on this message board and their wedding day.

I'll start. I spent the entire day at a spa, of course! Mani/pedi/massage/hair and makeup! Each of my bridesmaids, neices and mother/mother-in-law were there too. It was awesome!

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2006/11/16 01:52AM
    #2   2006/11/16 05:25AM
    Re: How did you spend the hours before YOUR wedding?
    JaSam4Ever

first let me start by saying this marriage only lasted a couple of months.

the night b4 my wedding my soloist cancelled and i had to rearrange my entire wedding program. the morning of i got up to go get my dress from the lady who altered it and she couldn't find one of my straps. turned out her cleaning lady had sucked it up in the vaccuum cleaner. i went to get my hair done and the veil wouldn't work with the way we had decided to do my hair, so we took it apart and put it back together to work. i get to the church and nothing seems to be going right, then as the music starts playing for the parents to walk in my mother and his mother are standing at the back of the church arguing. (all this should have told me something) lol....we went ahead and got married...the rest is history.

but i am getting married again on the 25th of this month i'm so excited and the man is much better than the first :-D

#3   2006/11/16 07:19AM
    LovinGH

I also went to a spa w/ my bridesmaids and mother I got my hair, nails and makeup done it was wonderful! After that we went back to the Museum (I got married in beautiful art museum in place of a traditional church) there we relaxed had some munchies and a little bit of champagne and OJ...I know is sounds cliché but it was really the best day of my life! The only thing that was unplanned was that it rained really really hard, thunder stormed actually

#4   2006/11/16 07:21AM
    jcrobinson

JaSam4ever: I don't know whether to say congratulations (on your upcoming wedding) or I'm sorry (about the trainwreck that was your first one!) In any case, life is funny, eh?

I wonder what Laura is doing now, just 4.5 hours before her wedding... a better question might be, what is Luke doing????

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2006/11/16 07:22AM
    #5   2006/11/16 08:08AM
    JaSam4Ever

Quote jcrobinson: JaSam4ever: I don't know whether to say congratulations (on your upcoming wedding) or I'm sorry (about the trainwreck that was your first one!) In any case, life is funny, eh?

I wonder what Laura is doing now, just 4.5 hours before her wedding... a better question might be, what is Luke doing????

lol no sorries, i don't regret anythign i've ever done, i look at everything as a learning experience. but yes life is funny.

#6   2006/11/16 11:58AM
    Chrissi

Quote JaSam4Ever: first let me start by saying this marriage only lasted a couple of months.

the night b4 my wedding my soloist cancelled and i had to rearrange my entire wedding program. the morning of i got up to go get my dress from the lady who altered it and she couldn't find one of my straps. turned out her cleaning lady had sucked it up in the vaccuum cleaner. i went to get my hair done and the veil wouldn't work with the way we had decided to do my hair, so we took it apart and put it back together to work. i get to the church and nothing seems to be going right, then as the music starts playing for the parents to walk in my mother and his mother are standing at the back of the church arguing. (all this should have told me something) lol....we went ahead and got married...the rest is history.

but i am getting married again on the 25th of this month i'm so excited and the man is much better than the first :-D

Wow... please tell us some good news about your second wedding, after the 25th!!! You deserve a much better one, this time around!!

What did I do? Hrm,... drove to Niagara Falls with my now hubby and family, did my own makeup and hair and wed! It was simple, elegant and lovely!

#7   2006/11/16 01:28PM
    munchkinbreathe

on my 1st wedding I got ready at my parents home and spent the morning talking and rememeber all the things that led up to this important day with my mom and sister. It was the best time I could remember and then unfortunately my mom had a heart attack at the church and shortly after passed away. I have a fond memory of sharing the best with my mom and having her know that all her hard work planning for my special day was well worth it I was now a married woman. Unfortuantely my husband died 10 years later from brain cancer and I just remarried after a long time to a wonderful man. So guess what led up to the wedding was a beautiful time

#8   2006/11/24 01:18PM
    R.J.

I was engaged twice before my wedding I broke off both engagements within three months of the wedding.On the day before my wedding my mom and I were having breakfast and she told me that the relatives were betting I would not show up.My wedding party was very big and two of my flower girls were crying that they didn't want to walk down the aisle.I had a High Mass and all that stuff and I did it for my Mom.I was very much a rebel and this was not what I wanted so I did everything the last minute I was buying shoes at 2PM and getting married at 3pm.The horses and carriages showed up late but, the best part was my gift from my husband my english sheep dog walked down the aisle and the priest called me the wrong name and maybe had too much wine.On my marriage paper the brides name is Denise Not mine I would never had missed this wedding because I married the best person in the world. .

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list