List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: Black Women Portrayed on GH

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Black Women Portrayed on GH

Started by dimples2010 at 2008/01/07 04:09PM
    Latest post: 2008/01/09 12:43AM, Views: 3213, Replies: 56
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 » »| page:
    #11   2008/01/07 04:39PM
    Re: Black Women Portrayed on GH
    loveliason65

The thing I do when I get this annoyed with the show is write to them and tell them how you feel. I think you can still fo to abc.com and email them. But if you want to snail mail them here's the contact info.

Anne Sweeney
    President, ABC Television Network
    500 South Buena Vista Blvd.
    Burbank, CA 91521
    Anne Sweeney: Anne.X.Sweeney@disney.com

Brian Frons President ABC Daytime Programming
    2300 Riverside Drive
    Burbank, CA 91506
    brian.Frons@abc.com
    Brian.Frons@email.disney.com

Robert Guza, Headwriter
    General Hospital
    c/o ABC-TV
    4151 Prospect Avenue
    Hollywood, CA 90027
    Bob Guza: Robert.O.Guza@email.disney.com

Jill Farren Phelps
    GENERAL HOSPITAL
    c/o ABC-TV
    4151 Prospect Avenue
    Hollywood, CA 90027
    Jill Farren Phelps: jill.phelps@abc.com

Elizabith Korte: Elizabith.C.Korte@email.disney.com

LA comment line: 1-323-671-4583
    NY comment line: 1-212-456-7777

ABC Comment Line: 818-460-7477
    (Extension #4 to leave a message)

#12   2008/01/07 04:44PM
    fireball

I was thinking the same thing, while I was watching the show today, thought the scenes with Alexis and Diane were hilarious the flight attendant was rude and out of place in my opinion. Rain I agree Lainey is a positive woman of color and that is why it is so disappointing that TPTB can't even seem to write a decent s/l for her. Minority women are an important part of the entertainment industry and should be portrayed in a more positive way. GH is portraying women in a not so nice way.

#13   2008/01/07 04:49PM
    zaria

Quote dimples2010:
    Quote shelrick:
    Quote dimples2010:
    Quote shelrick: Man, I wish we could go back to the days when the Wards were around. Now why can't they write like that anymore?

Who are the Wards?

It was a long time ago so my history might be bad but Edward had an affair with Mary Mea Ward (a black woman) that produced a child. Edward had a son and grandson from her. They killed of Justus Ward a couple years ago. Another character that didn't need to be killed. Sorry my memory of the history is a little shaky at the moment.

Thanks for the info.

Dimples, Justus and Lainey were starting to be an item before they killed him off the show a couple of years back. And Mary Mae's grand daughter Keisha was Jason Quartermaine's 1st real serious girlfriend way back in the day. If memory serves me correctly, they lost their virginities to each other! And then he had the car accident and brain damage and became a total a$$ to her and everyone remotely involved with the Q's. The Wards were a family that were really close to Luke, Laura and Lucky when Lucky was played by JJ.

#14   2008/01/07 04:49PM
    loveliason65

Quote dimples2010:
    Quote loveliason65: The thing I do when I get this annoyed with the show is write to them and tell them how you feel. I think you can still fo to abc.com and email them. But if you want to snail mail them here's the contact info.

Anne Sweeney
    President, ABC Television Network
    500 South Buena Vista Blvd.
    Burbank, CA 91521
    Anne Sweeney: Anne.X.Sweeney@disney.com

Brian Frons President ABC Daytime Programming
    2300 Riverside Drive
    Burbank, CA 91506
    brian.Frons@abc.com
    Brian.Frons@email.disney.com

Robert Guza, Headwriter
    General Hospital
    c/o ABC-TV
    4151 Prospect Avenue
    Hollywood, CA 90027
    Bob Guza: Robert.O.Guza@email.disney.com

Jill Farren Phelps
    GENERAL HOSPITAL
    c/o ABC-TV
    4151 Prospect Avenue
    Hollywood, CA 90027
    Jill Farren Phelps: jill.phelps@abc.com

Elizabith Korte: Elizabith.C.Korte@email.disney.com

LA comment line: 1-323-671-4583
    NY comment line: 1-212-456-7777

ABC Comment Line: 818-460-7477
    (Extension #4 to leave a message)

Thanks for the info. I will certainly send them a little message.

I just sent them an email but I'm going to write them a snail mail letter on the subject too.

#15   2008/01/07 04:49PM
    RainStormRaider

Quote fireball: I was thinking the same thing, while I was watching the show today, thought the scenes with Alexis and Diane were hilarious the flight attendant was rude and out of place in my opinion. Rain I agree Lainey is a positive woman of color and that is why it is so disappointing that TPTB can't even seem to write a decent s/l for her. Minority women are an important part of the entertainment industry and should be portrayed in a more positive way. GH is portraying women in a not so nice way.

Dude!!!

Women are portrayed like the longest running joke on GH.......who can take Sam, Carly or Lulu seriously?

Or how they've depicted characters such as Robin, Tracy, Elizabeth and Maxie?

The show is watched by women more than men and yet, no postive female characters out there.....they are flawed, yes........but its so centered around men that its just off-putting!!!

#16   2008/01/07 04:50PM
    devoted2sonny

As a black female I think they need to hire more women writers & more minority writers. It's hard to write for people that you know nothing about. I think most of the romance is gone on daytime tv b/c women writers are scarce. And black women are depicted as they are b/c black writers are scarce. Take a look at the head writer for Grey's Anatomy--a black female, the writing is great, the show is great. She writes from all angles.(true talent). I think before some of these people call themselves writers they need to really know something about what they're writing about. JMO

#17   2008/01/07 04:56PM
    RainStormRaider

Quote devoted2sonny: As a black female I think they need to hire more women writers & more minority writers. It's hard to write for people that you know nothing about. I think most of the romance is gone on daytime tv b/c women writers are scarce. And black women are depicted as they are b/c black writers are scarce. Take a look at the head writer for Grey's Anatomy--a black female, the writing is great, the show is great. She writes from all angles.(true talent). I think before some of these people call themselves writers they need to really know something about what they're writing about. JMO

Yes!!! That show is a great example of writing for those of diverse backgrounds!!! What irony that its also an ABC show!!!

#18   2008/01/07 05:02PM
    vivvie

I have 3 girls and I am always promoting women and their strengths...this show doesn't put women, in general, in great lights.It's a soap and we all know we are great and it doesn't really matter how they portray women on tv.But it is so nice to hear other women feeling like I do.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list