List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: Elizabeth and Britt

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Elizabeth and Britt

Started by strawberrybutterfly at 2014/02/14 11:49AM
    Latest post: 2014/02/19 11:10AM, Views: 5244, Replies: 75
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 » »| page:
    #41   2014/02/17 08:44AM
    Re: Elizabeth and Britt
    oltllover

Quote Bizlet:
    Quote alikat: Oh my that was a great scene. I love how Elizabeth never holds back but I loved even more that Britt was like "oh hell no, you don't get to sit judgment on me...lets slap you for YOUR indiscretions"

It was the best cat fight because both women were wrong and both women were right and there's not necessarily a MAN in the middle. More like a whole family in the middle. Because I don't think with Elizabeth it's just about Nikolas. However, Britt was so right when she said (paraphrasing so don't get technical with me) "didn't you do the same thing and lie to the father of your child? /hide the paternity of your child from the real father?"

Liz did not hide the paternity from fathers. With Jake she went to Jason and told him it was his baby. They agreed that Jake would be safer if he was raised as Lucky's Son. With Aiden, Lucky knew she had been having an affair with Nik then she had paternity test which "proved" the baby was Nik's bc Helana messed with test results. Then Liz had another test preformed to prove the baby was Lucky's and in true Spencer fashion he skipped town on his family.

Thank you for pointing that out that was the way I remembered history too and even with Cam, Ric knew he wasnt the father and Zander died so she didnt need to hide that.

#42   2014/02/17 08:51AM
    lovelovegh

Quote oltllover:
    Quote Bizlet:
    Quote alikat: Oh my that was a great scene. I love how Elizabeth never holds back but I loved even more that Britt was like "oh hell no, you don't get to sit judgment on me...lets slap you for YOUR indiscretions"

It was the best cat fight because both women were wrong and both women were right and there's not necessarily a MAN in the middle. More like a whole family in the middle. Because I don't think with Elizabeth it's just about Nikolas. However, Britt was so right when she said (paraphrasing so don't get technical with me) "didn't you do the same thing and lie to the father of your child? /hide the paternity of your child from the real father?"

Liz did not hide the paternity from fathers. With Jake she went to Jason and told him it was his baby. They agreed that Jake would be safer if he was raised as Lucky's Son. With Aiden, Lucky knew she had been having an affair with Nik then she had paternity test which "proved" the baby was Nik's bc Helana messed with test results. Then Liz had another test preformed to prove the baby was Lucky's and in true Spencer fashion he skipped town on his family.

Thank you for pointing that out that was the way I remembered history too and even with Cam, Ric knew he wasnt the father and Zander died so she didnt need to hide that.

That's right, what Britt is doing is down right baby stealing and she is preventing LuLu from being a mother.

#43   2014/02/17 09:35AM
    alikat

Quote Bizlet:

You are right and wrong...she did hide the paternity of Jake from Lucky AND Jason at one point or another. Lucky thought he was his bio child until Sam caused Jason and Elizabeth to tell the truth when they were at Windemere in the stables during the "Would you die for love" story. Jake was also kept from Jason for about 6-8 months. Remember, Sonny told Jason it was Lucky's and when Elizabeth went to tell Jason he said "it's how it should be" so Elizabeth kept quiet for a few months until they were in the elevator after he saved her from the Metro Court explosion. Also, she hid the paternity of Cam from Zander, didn't she? And as far as Aiden...I don't honestly remember LOL

#44   2014/02/17 09:42AM
    alikat

Quote oltllover:
    Quote Bizlet:

See my response to Bizlet above...Elizabeth kept the true paternity from both Jason and Lucky with regard to Jake and Zander was alive for some of the pregnancy and Ric and Elizabeth agreed to raise the baby then they split because Ric kidnapped Carly and they split. She told Zander he was the father during the Port Charles Hotel fire. Then they thought he died but he didn't, he died in a police shoot out a few months later.

#45   2014/02/17 09:46AM
    Monkey Mama

Quote alikat:
    Quote oltllover:
    Quote Bizlet:

See my response to Bizlet above...Elizabeth kept the true paternity from both Jason and Lucky with regard to Jake and Zander was alive for some of the pregnancy and Ric and Elizabeth agreed to raise the baby then they split because Ric kidnapped Carly and they split. She told Zander he was the father during the Port Charles Hotel fire. Then they thought he died but he didn't, he died in a police shoot out a few months later.

She did keep the paternity of Aiden from both Lucky & Nic for a while as well. There has not been a pregnancy she's had where there wasn't a lie involved of who was Father or who wasn't the Father.

Britt is 100% wrong for what she's doing. But Liz looks like an idiot for how she's rubbing it in, as though she's above such things when she's done it EVERY time..... even when it wasn't HER baby - like with Danny.
    She would have looked a LOT better if she just went to Dante, then at least it would have appeared as though she did it for the right reasons instead of just being jealous and vindictive with Britt.

#46   2014/02/17 09:54AM
    JaneDoe

Quote Monkey Mama:
    Quote alikat:
    Quote oltllover:
    Quote Bizlet:

She did keep the paternity of Aiden from both Lucky & Nic for a while as well. There has not been a pregnancy she's had where there wasn't a lie involved of who was Father or who wasn't the Father.

Britt is 100% wrong for what she's doing. But Liz looks like an idiot for how she's rubbing it in, as though she's above such things when she's done it EVERY time..... even when it wasn't HER baby - like with Danny.
    She would have looked a LOT better if she just went to Dante, then at least it would have appeared as though she did it for the right reasons instead of just being jealous and vindictive with Britt.

Absolutely! I don't fault her at all for getting involved and finding out the truth.... but she should have taken the info to Dante. Taking it to Brit first made her look vindictive and hypocritical. I get that it was for dramatic effect, but it did nothing for Liz's character.

#47   2014/02/17 10:09AM
    Monkey Mama

Quote JaneDoe:
    Quote Monkey Mama:
    Quote alikat:
    Quote oltllover:
    Quote Bizlet:

Absolutely! I don't fault her at all for getting involved and finding out the truth.... but she should have taken the info to Dante. Taking it to Brit first made her look vindictive and hypocritical. I get that it was for dramatic effect, but it did nothing for Liz's character.

And then to get shocked & mad when Britt threw the fact that Liz had done the SAME thing and then some back in her face. Really??
    "Lucky despised you so much that he not only left the country but his children to get away from you" I had tears I was laughing so hard!!

#48   2014/02/17 12:48PM
    texas beauty

Quote Monkey Mama:
    Quote JaneDoe:
    Quote Monkey Mama:
    Quote alikat:
    Quote oltllover:
    Quote Bizlet:

And then to get shocked & mad when Britt threw the fact that Liz had done the SAME thing and then some back in her face. Really??
    "Lucky despised you so much that he not only left the country but his children to get away from you" I had tears I was laughing so hard!!

a men, you and me both,and yes lucky despises lizzie and I do too. why is everyone putting liz on a pestal with a halo. shes a busy body, can,t stand the character.

#49   2014/02/17 01:01PM
    Lialovessoaps

A busy body/liar who needs to mind her own business. She only has proof that Dante is Ben's father, and none that Lulu is his mother. So exactly what does she think Lulu will think about Dante and Britta? The woman just doesn't think! She's ready to have this woman think her husband cheated on her, rather than to mind her own business. Thankfully this baby story won't be over for a few more months when DNA testing of the two mothers will have taken place. We need Ric to hurry back so he can give this dizzy chick something to do besides try to destroy Nik's happiness.

#50   2014/02/17 01:07PM
    alikat

Quote texas beauty:
    a men, you and me both,and yes lucky despises lizzie and I do too. why is everyone putting liz on a pestal with a halo. shes a busy body, can,t stand the character.

I'm so sick of this war cry. Who has put her on a pedestal with a halo? Please, tell me who? She is flawed just like every other character. She's a hypocrite just like every other character and she's got multiple baby daddy's, slept with brothers or two men who are family. She's lied, cheated and stole. She's held people to a standard she hasn't always held to herself.

But who, for the love of all that is holy, has put her on a pedestal with a halo?

This has been an argument by GH fans that hate her character for YEARS. I have never understood its basis. There's never been an answer that holds weight either. Unless you want to say the men who have loved her put her on a pedestal with a halo. If that's the case, again just like many other characters the men who love her make it seem effortless to gloss over her faults and still love her.

Just a curious fan of Elizabeth (warts and all) wanting to know.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list