List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: Fathers and Sons

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Fathers and Sons

Started by ghfanfare at 2014/02/08 11:46AM
    Latest post: 2014/02/13 07:06PM, Views: 1602, Replies: 59
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 » »| page:
    #11   2014/02/12 12:21PM
    Re: Fathers and Sons
    Nightmoves

Quote oltllover:
    Quote Howie79:
    Quote Nightmoves:
    Quote Howie79: I have really enjoyed the Lucas and Julian scenes. I like the fact that they are giving them some angst to build from. They just didn't discover that they were related and run all huggy to each other. This is how it would be in real life. They need to get to know each other and maybe put aside some of their past beliefs/feelings to come to terms with the other and start accepting. Loved them showing Julian's slightly softer side.

I too also have to say that this is the first time in a long long time that I enjoyed Scott being on my screen. I usually zone out when he is on.

To the bolded, did you see the blog I posted in the Julian thread? The writer, who was speaking from her own personal experience with the same situation, said that she appreciated the story being written realistically.

I did see this. I was actually basing my perspective on what a person I work with went thru. I don't think that Julian is being arrogant or ignorant, I think that he is basing his feelings on what he was brought up knowing. And I think that he revealed a little of that in today's episode. I don't want to say too much because it could spoil for some.

I like that they are developing Julian into a multi layered character, not one dimensional.

very good today. and love the insight into why and it makes sense.

Can't wait to watch later

#12   2014/02/12 12:47PM
    oltllover

Quote Nightmoves:
    Quote oltllover:
    Quote Howie79:
    Quote Nightmoves:
    Quote Howie79: I have really enjoyed the Lucas and Julian scenes. I like the fact that they are giving them some angst to build from. They just didn't discover that they were related and run all huggy to each other. This is how it would be in real life. They need to get to know each other and maybe put aside some of their past beliefs/feelings to come to terms with the other and start accepting. Loved them showing Julian's slightly softer side.

I too also have to say that this is the first time in a long long time that I enjoyed Scott being on my screen. I usually zone out when he is on.

To the bolded, did you see the blog I posted in the Julian thread? The writer, who was speaking from her own personal experience with the same situation, said that she appreciated the story being written realistically.

I did see this. I was actually basing my perspective on what a person I work with went thru. I don't think that Julian is being arrogant or ignorant, I think that he is basing his feelings on what he was brought up knowing. And I think that he revealed a little of that in today's episode. I don't want to say too much because it could spoil for some.

I like that they are developing Julian into a multi layered character, not one dimensional.

Can't wait to watch later

I look forward to chatting with you about it. enjoy!

#13   2014/02/12 05:28PM
    KillerQueen

Quote ransomha: Looking forward to Dante and his son.
    I see lots of Yankee cloths in Ben's future and Sonny enjoying and protecting his first grandson.

Rams, you just reminded me of something. Remember years ago when the Baseball strike was over. Sonny and Stone singing TAKE ME OUT TO THE BALL GAME together. Not the best singing but suck a nice scene. I can see Sonny and Dante doing that with little Ben.....and Lulu looking like I DONT KNOW THSE PEOPLE, kinda how Robin looked back in the day

#14   2014/02/12 05:46PM
    ransomha

Quote KillerQueen:
    Quote ransomha: Looking forward to Dante and his son.
    I see lots of Yankee cloths in Ben's future and Sonny enjoying and protecting his first grandson.

Rams, you just reminded me of something. Remember years ago when the Baseball strike was over. Sonny and Stone singing TAKE ME OUT TO THE BALL GAME together. Not the best singing but suck a nice scene. I can see Sonny and Dante doing that with little Ben.....and Lulu looking like I DONT KNOW THSE PEOPLE, kinda how Robin looked back in the day

Hahah...I can jus picture that scene!
    Sonny will make a GREAT grandfather and Dante will be be a great dad too.

#15   2014/02/13 06:46AM
    JaneDoe

Quote oltllover:
    Quote Howie79:
    Quote Nightmoves:

Very, very good scenes with Alexis and Julian! I'm anxiously awaiting the next Julian and Lucas scenes.

#16   2014/02/13 07:13AM
    oltllover

Quote JaneDoe:
    Quote oltllover:
    Quote Howie79:
    Quote Nightmoves:

Very, very good scenes with Alexis and Julian! I'm anxiously awaiting the next Julian and Lucas scenes.

IMO, Lucas has a big chip on his shoulder although at this point I don't know why but his "fling" with Brad makes me think he's got some issues, anyway I don't think Lucas is going to make it easy for Julian to try. I wonder though if that will help him with Sam if she sees him trying, you know what I mean.

#17   2014/02/13 07:16AM
    JaneDoe

Quote oltllover:
    Quote JaneDoe:
    Quote oltllover:
    Quote Howie79:
    Quote Nightmoves:

IMO, Lucas has a big chip on his shoulder although at this point I don't know why but his "fling" with Brad makes me think he's got some issues, anyway I don't think Lucas is going to make it easy for Julian to try. I wonder though if that will help him with Sam if she sees him trying, you know what I mean.

I agree that Lucas isn't going to make it easy, and part of me doesn't blame him. He's had to fight for acceptance his entire life! BUT, he's going to have to give Julian a break at some point if he truly starts trying to be a father without judgement and he truly tries to accept him. Bobbie had issues too at first and I think it would be good if Lucas were reminded of that!

#18   2014/02/13 07:21AM
    ransomha

Interesting that a man would follow in the footsteps of a father he hated and disrespected.

Sonny did the opposite of Mike.
    Dante will do the opposite of the things he disagrees with about his father. ( which side of the law to be on ).
    Nic is not bringing his son up as he was raised.
    Yet Julian still follows his father's hatred and ignorance to the next generation.

#19   2014/02/13 07:29AM
    oltllover

Quote ransomha: Interesting that a man would follow in the footsteps of a father he hated and disrespected.

Dante will do the opposite of the things he disagrees with about his father. ( which side of the law to be on ).
    Yet Julian still follows his father's hatred and ignorance to the next generation.

so I guess choosing to be a mobster over a gambler is better. and before we start with the whole "oh he is like his father" thing just remember you have often excused Britt's behavior because of her parents but ultimately she is not that much better then them, using people tricking them stealing babies...... since Julian just learned about Lucas and we just learned about how he was taught why don't we wait and see how it actually plays out before making assumptions.

#20   2014/02/13 07:49AM
    ransomha

Quote oltllover:
    Quote ransomha: Interesting that a man would follow in the footsteps of a father he hated and disrespected.

so I guess choosing to be a mobster over a gambler is better. and before we start with the whole "oh he is like his father" thing just remember you have often excused Britt's behavior because of her parents but ultimately she is not that much better then them, using people tricking them stealing babies...... since Julian just learned about Lucas and we just learned about how he was taught why don't we wait and see how it actually plays out before making assumptions.

"We" can do whatever "we" want to !

To me the way Britt holds and has fallen in love with Ben is vastly different then her mother's treatment of her.

To me, Sonny being there for his children, supporting them is vastly different then a man that was absent.

Julian told Alexis, he doesn't like gay people because his father thought they are weak so he thinks they are weak.

Will Julian change? I certainly hope so.
    Alexis gave him some good advice.
    Time to think for himself and quite blaming his daddy.
    A man that he said he's wished he'd killed and hated his guts.
    Odd that is a person you'd fashion yourself after.
    Don't "we" think so?

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list