List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: Fathers and Sons

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Fathers and Sons

Started by ghfanfare at 2014/02/08 11:46AM
    Latest post: 2014/02/13 07:06PM, Views: 1755, Replies: 59
    1 2 3 4 5 6 » »| page:
    #1   2014/02/08 11:46AM
    Fathers and Sons
    ghfanfare

So, lots of father/son bonding on Friday's show. Or not.

I liked the scenes with Scotty and Franco, found it humorous and entertaining despite the dark subject matter.

The Julian and Lucas scenes were very well done, could feel the struggle, anger, and devastation there.

Michael and AJ were a bit of a throwaway scene, but it is nice to see the mutual support. And no yelling from Michael. Just wish AJ would put that bottle away.

Sonny and Morgan. Well, Morgan was trying desperately to express his hurt but naturally Sonny made it all about himself. At least Sonny had the insight to admit it though, so I will give him that.

#2   2014/02/08 12:46PM
    Re: Fathers and Sons
    oltllover

Quote ghfanfare: So, lots of father/son bonding on Friday's show. Or not.

I liked the scenes with Scotty and Franco, found it humorous and entertaining despite the dark subject matter.

The Julian and Lucas scenes were very well done, could feel the struggle, anger, and devastation there.

Michael and AJ were a bit of a throwaway scene, but it is nice to see the mutual support. And no yelling from Michael. Just wish AJ would put that bottle away.

Sonny and Morgan. Well, Morgan was trying desperately to express his hurt but naturally Sonny made it all about himself. At least Sonny had the insight to admit it though, so I will give him that.

RC tweeted that friday's show had a theme of parent/child. The Julian/Lucas scenes were very well done and Julian at the end showed his human side. The Michael/AJ scenes were good I just wish Michael would realize that his support of Aj isn't that much different then Kiki's support for Franco now if only she would do that for her actual father. Sonny and Morgan were ok I guess and Scott and Franco I liked because I like RH no matter what but they are pretty good together. The parent/child theme also had moms and daughters, Alexis and Sam, Kiki and Ava.

#3   2014/02/12 04:52AM
    ransomha

I don't think i've ever typed these words but, I ENJOYED SCOTT!

He really stepped up as a dad, he finds out he has a 40 year old serial killer murderer as a son yet he took a chance, lied for him at the risk of his own career and believed in him.
    The relief on his face when Luke told him that Heather did indeed have Carly was adorable.
    Good for Scott stepping up in the dad department.

#4   2014/02/12 04:56AM
    ransomha

While it's very true that Sonny HAS thrown bar ware over the years as been noted on this board about 5,000 times, I see it as his way of " counting to ten" as Jason told Carly to do many years ago.

His broken glass has not hurt his children in any way and it's his unusual way of blowing off steam.
    After his yelling yesterday, he pulled up a chair in front of Morgan to hear him out.
    Then against everything he believes, FOR MORGAN went to hear Ava out, at his son's request.

Morgan is willing to give up a woman he feels he loves for his father.

Really great moments between father and son.

#5   2014/02/12 07:45AM
    ransomha

Looking forward to Dante and his son.
    I see lots of Yankee cloths in Ben's future and Sonny enjoying and protecting his first grandson.

#6   2014/02/12 09:32AM
    Howie79

I have really enjoyed the Lucas and Julian scenes. I like the fact that they are giving them some angst to build from. They just didn't discover that they were related and run all huggy to each other. This is how it would be in real life. They need to get to know each other and maybe put aside some of their past beliefs/feelings to come to terms with the other and start accepting. Loved them showing Julian's slightly softer side.

I too also have to say that this is the first time in a long long time that I enjoyed Scott being on my screen. I usually zone out when he is on.

#7   2014/02/12 10:26AM
    ransomha

Quote Howie79: I have really enjoyed the Lucas and Julian scenes. I like the fact that they are giving them some angst to build from. They just didn't discover that they were related and run all huggy to each other. This is how it would be in real life. They need to get to know each other and maybe put aside some of their past beliefs/feelings to come to terms with the other and start accepting. Loved them showing Julian's slightly softer side.

I too also have to say that this is the first time in a long long time that I enjoyed Scott being on my screen. I usually zone out when he is on.

I found Julian ignorant and insulting.
    Has he never met a gay person before?
    Sports and girls would change person sexual orientation?
    They didn't have to be a kissey and huggy but respectful would have gone a long way.

Scott really surprised me too!
    He gave Franco a chance and Franco proved himself worthy.
    Scott with Luke was also good.
    Saying good things about Scott is a new experience for me!

#8   2014/02/12 10:32AM
    Nightmoves

Quote Howie79: I have really enjoyed the Lucas and Julian scenes. I like the fact that they are giving them some angst to build from. They just didn't discover that they were related and run all huggy to each other. This is how it would be in real life. They need to get to know each other and maybe put aside some of their past beliefs/feelings to come to terms with the other and start accepting. Loved them showing Julian's slightly softer side.

To the bolded, did you see the blog I posted in the Julian thread? The writer, who was speaking from her own personal experience with the same situation, said that she appreciated the story being written realistically.

#9   2014/02/12 12:16PM
    Howie79

Quote Nightmoves:

To the bolded, did you see the blog I posted in the Julian thread? The writer, who was speaking from her own personal experience with the same situation, said that she appreciated the story being written realistically.

I did see this. I was actually basing my perspective on what a person I work with went thru. I don't think that Julian is being arrogant or ignorant, I think that he is basing his feelings on what he was brought up knowing. And I think that he revealed a little of that in today's episode. I don't want to say too much because it could spoil for some.

I like that they are developing Julian into a multi layered character, not one dimensional.

#10   2014/02/12 12:19PM
    oltllover

Quote Howie79:
    Quote Nightmoves:

I did see this. I was actually basing my perspective on what a person I work with went thru. I don't think that Julian is being arrogant or ignorant, I think that he is basing his feelings on what he was brought up knowing. And I think that he revealed a little of that in today's episode. I don't want to say too much because it could spoil for some.

I like that they are developing Julian into a multi layered character, not one dimensional.

very good today. and love the insight into why and it makes sense.

1 2 3 4 5 6 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list