List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: What you love vs loathe about GH right now?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

What you love vs loathe about GH right now?

Started by Chrissi_Soaps.com at 2014/02/06 07:55AM
    Latest post: 2014/02/06 06:36PM, Views: 932, Replies: 13
    1 2 » »| page:
    #1   2014/02/06 07:55AM
    What you love vs loathe about GH right now?
    Chrissi_Soap...

Hey guys,

I'm substitute writing for the blog this week. Some of you may know me as the Editor-in-Chief while others might read my Days recaps and blogs.

I'm writing the GH blog this week for the first time and though I've gotten some things down I did want to find out what you're all loving about the show right now and what you'd like to see changed. It might help me with the rest of my blog and I'm in general just interested!

Unpopular opinions are welcomed. Nobody will harass you for them... right?

Thanks in advance.

Christine (Chrissi)

#2   2014/02/06 08:05AM
    Re: What you love vs loathe about GH right now?
    JaneDoe

LOVE: Franco.... or at least RH's version of Franco. I know that is unpopular! I love Carly with Franco... their chemistry is AMAZING! I love Julian! His developing relationship with Sam, Alexis, and Lucas. I want to see Julian and Alexis together and I want to see Julian get the best of Sonny, it's WAY past time someone does!

LOATHE: Loathe is probably too strong a word, but I loathe the teen scene. Obviously Molly needs to stay since she has ties and her father is returning.... but the rest can go. I loathe this new Morgan and Kiki as well. I also LOATHE that they are having Duke Lavery working for Sonny. I'd much rather see him helping Anna in bringing down Julian. I'm a fan of crazy Heathers, but even I've had enough of her for a while. TPTB really need to move on.

I'm very excited about seeing Ric return, along with Victor and his slew of crazy Cassadines! I'm a big fan of the Cassadine dynasty! I'm also anxious to see the baby Ben story come to a close. It's been dragging on WAY too long.

Good luck with your blog!

#3   2014/02/06 08:47AM
    mauimama

I LOATHE the idiotic s/l's that are even too much for fantasyland! ie: burying your mother alive - she crawls out of the grave and finds paper to write a bloody note on! Franco with a busted shoulder (bullet wound) digging up a grave with his bare hands in a matter of MINUTES!
    LOATHE: dragging the WTD Britch baby s/l forever
    LOATHE: big build up for Robin return (much like the horrible fiasco with Brenda) and her exit

Love???? Can't think of ANY s/l that I really like, much less "love" right now.

Sad to say, I FF thru a lot of the tripe every day or read the recap and so that I don't have to watch or listen.

#4   2014/02/06 10:51AM
    MikeLikesSoaps

LOVE the going back into GH's past and involving former characters from the glory days with the current characters.

#5   2014/02/06 11:00AM
    Nightmoves

LOVE old cast members and characters being brought back. GH feels like 'home' again in a way.

Love Anna Devane as police chief, and woman in general being shown as stronger and smarter than in the past several years.

LOVE Julian Jerome! Hoping to see him develop relationships with Alexis and his children and MOST of all hope to see him get the better of old redundent barware throwing Sonny.

Dislike RH being cast as Franco.

Loathe Duke Lavery lying to Anna and being Sonny's lacky.

#6   2014/02/06 01:10PM
    FutureSoapWr...

I actually love that Elizabeth for once in her life is using her meddling for something useful. I love RH and Carly together but LOATHE that RH is playing Franco. I love Julian Jerome and can't wait for him and Alexis together (which they most definitely will). I love that Rick is returning! Old school GH is way better! I loathe Kiki and Michael together. I do love Britt and Nicholas together but I loathe the story line! I loathe that Robin is leaving AGAIN!!! I just hope Patrick doesn't get back together with Sabrina because there is just no chemistry there. Sabrina is much better with Ca"rrr"los.

Bring back Alcazar and Johnny Zacharra!!!

Hmmm... wow I am all over the place and didn't think I'd have this much to say lol THE END

#7   2014/02/06 01:15PM
    Bettie Davis

Since I have been watching GH since I was knee high to a grasshopper, GH is at its best and I am loving every minute of it.

#8   2014/02/06 01:44PM
    Aristotle

Too much violence as of late. Stabbing Carly, banging her head over and over against a beam. Horrific for daytime.

Kiki should be with Sonny, to work him over big time. MW is too good an actress for her current role.

Robin's too masculine for handsome Patrick. Sabrina is better suited (now) for Patrick and Emma.

Glad that Dante and Lulu are back together.

More Quartermaines and their mansion, glitz!

#9   2014/02/06 03:00PM
    Howie79

What I love :

Anything Julian Jerome. I love that he is a complex character with deep roots/ties to PC. And now they are giving him family ties to other deep root families so hopefully he is around for the long haul.

I am loving Carly and Franco. While I am not too keen on the Carly kidnapping story, I do love the chemistry that LW and RoHo have together.

I like Sam and Silas. I like the ups and downs in their relationship and how it has continued to develop and grow.

I like that alot of vets have made appearances or came back to the show since the 50th anniversary. I love reliving the memories of the old days while incorporating them into current storylines.

What I don't like:

Having long term characters with deep roots to PC that are underused. Examples are AJ, Liz and Michael. All of them are legacy characters who are put in the corner and only taken out to prop other stories lately. I really wish that they would develop stories for the characters we have rather than continue to add new characters. I especially feel this way after all the hub-bub about not being able to build sets due to budget constraints, but then they continue to add characters and pay others to just sit around off screen.

Morgan - this kid needs to go. There is just something about him that rubs me wrong. I can't decide if it is his insecurities or his affair with his former MIL. The whole character is just one big ICK factor for me.

NuLuLu. I loved the character of Lulu under JMB. Since ER took over the role, I just cannot get into the character any more and have no interest in her stories.

I don't like when actors treat the show like a revolving door, coming and going at their leisure while disrupting other stories only to leave again. Makes continuity difficult and investing in them even harder.

#10   2014/02/06 03:14PM
    ktmom

I am loving the interaction between Britta and Liz. Talk about chemistry!! There is so much buzz over their storyline and interactions.

I love how we are seeing a more human side to Britt. The actress is actually pulling fans and having people root for her. That shows how talented she is as an actress. People are defending her stealing a very popular couple's baby.
    So, I am enjoying the Nik/Britt/Liz storyline. It feels fresh, even though it has been done a million times on GH.

I like The Sabrina/ Patrick storyline, although I will miss Robin. It was nice to have her back and wrap up the SL. Now I can enjoy Patrina without guilt. Sabrina is now a more complex and interesting character. She definitely turned me from a hater to a lover.

I am upset about the Connie murder storyline just being dropped. I want more Q time. I liked how they pulled the q's into the Heather/Carly storyline.

1 2 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list