List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: Why does the child have to go with the mother

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Why does the child have to go with the mother

Started by ashuri-chan at 2014/01/27 01:05PM
    Latest post: 2014/01/28 11:32AM, Views: 987, Replies: 25
    « 1 2 3 » »| page:
    #11   2014/01/27 01:53PM
    Re: Why does the child have to go with the mother
    tyandy

Quote genhospchat: Patrick took pills after losing Robin, Robin treed her baby. Symantics at this point.

Patrick is an amazing father and shouldn't be without his daughter. If KMc and TPTB knew it was only a short visit for Robin, they shouldn't have stopped the show or Patrick's relationship, Emma's stability for her to come back for a bit just to break up the family again. Robin could have come back to giver her blessings to Patrick and Emma, could have been ther to help Maxie (like Georgie was), etc, etc. Now her family will be heartbroken again. Bad writing for having her back to begin with.

symantics is the absolute appropriate word for this. Robin made mistakes because of PPD, Pat made mistakes because of grief and the use of narcotics. At one point Im sure just about every parent on the show has made questionable decisions when it comes to parenting, as NOONE is perfect in soap world or in r/l so the Robin hate just baffles the mind. But as far as disruption of story lines etc, I can understand how some may dislike it, some like NO interruptions of the "flow" but it is what keeps viewers interested, no? the twists and turns and angst, all ingredients for a soap IMO

#12   2014/01/27 02:05PM
    Bizlet

Quote genhospchat: Patrick took pills after losing Robin, Robin treed her baby. Symantics at this point.

Patrick is an amazing father and shouldn't be without his daughter. If KMc and TPTB knew it was only a short visit for Robin, they shouldn't have stopped the show or Patrick's relationship, Emma's stability for her to come back for a bit just to break up the family again. Robin could have come back to giver her blessings to Patrick and Emma, could have been there to help Maxie (like Georgie was), etc, etc. Or had Patrick not chosen her so it would make sense for her to not be around. Now the Patrick character will just be on hold again until IF she decides to come back. What a waste of time.

Bad writing for having her back to begin with.

Perhaps they can pull a Dallas and it was all a dream.

Have Patrick wake on his wedding day or Robin wake in the Lab either one would be fine by me.

#13   2014/01/27 02:52PM
    brunette

I think the better question is... Why wouldn't a young child go with its mother??? You know, regardless of how great pat is and how much the granpas love Emma, it is no substitute for mom. Every possible reason on earth would be good enough for them to be together. No excuses.

#14   2014/01/27 02:55PM
    ashuri-chan

Quote brunette: I think the better question is... Why wouldn't a young child go with its mother??? You know, regardless of how great pat is and how much the granpas love Emma, it is no substitute for mom. Every possible reason on earth would be good enough for them to be together. No excuses.

What is it with you and excuses. No one is making excuses and if you think having an opinion is an excuse then you don't know the difference between the two. And why should she have her mother more than her father? Are you saying she should have a substitute father but not a substitute mother?

#15   2014/01/27 03:07PM
    brunette

Listen, get a grip. I'm talking about the character not you!. I comment on what I've seen and not on speculation. If you agree great and if you don't its cool. Lol

#16   2014/01/27 03:11PM
    ashuri-chan

Quote brunette: Listen, get a grip. I'm talking about the character not you!. I comment on what I've seen and not on speculation. If you agree great and if you don't its cool. Lol

Attitude much. And now you're pulling out excuses. I'll just chalk it up to you not being able to defend your comment.

#17   2014/01/27 03:15PM
    brunette

Honey I can't keep explaining, you either get it or you don't. Guess you don't. Its ok...its all good.

#18   2014/01/27 03:17PM
    ashuri-chan

Quote brunette: Honey I can't keep explaining, you either get it or you don't. Guess you don't. Its ok...its all good.

Sweetie, you apparently have nothing else to explain. It's obvious you think Emma deserves a substitute father but not a sub mother.

#19   2014/01/28 06:32AM
    ransomha

Parent go on business trips everyday.
    Mothers and fathers.
    Some mothers serve in out military , and should not be considered "dead beat" mothers.
    As long as Emma knows her mother isn't dead, that she will be back and is helping others, I think she'll be content to stay with her dad and extended family until she returns.

OR. as of now we don't know if Emma goes with Robin.
    Either case works.

Good topic of thread!

#20   2014/01/28 06:50AM
    brunette

Quote ashuri-chan:
    Quote brunette: Honey I can't keep explaining, you either get it or you don't. Guess you don't. Its ok...its all good.

Sweetie, you apparently have nothing else to explain. It's obvious you think Emma deserves a substitute father but not a sub mother.

I'm too old for this. Are you okay or just very confused?? You're not making sense. Done. Stay safe

« 1 2 3 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list