List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: Why does the child have to go with the mother

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Why does the child have to go with the mother

Started by ashuri-chan at 2014/01/27 01:05PM
    Latest post: 2014/01/28 11:32AM, Views: 981, Replies: 25
    1 2 3 » »| page:
    #1   2014/01/27 01:05PM
    Why does the child have to go with the mother
    ashuri-chan

Of all the Robin leaving topics, I can't find a topic to post this in so I'll have to make my own.

KMC is leaving if she leaves then the little actress that plays Emma will have to be written out if she takes Emma. I don't think people realize that. they don't want to separate the characters from their actors/actresses and it is a bit ridiculous.

All anyone knows is that KMC is leaving and it is being written into the story line and so we have no idea how Robin is going to be exiting. I wish people would get that.

I just don't get why people think the child has to go with the mother. I admit Patrick's parenting could use some work as he does seem quick to dismiss things Emma has said, but he isn't a bad parent.

I don't know, that's just my two cents. This whole Robin leaving thing is causing an uproar and I think people are focusing on the wrong elements in this situation.

#2   2014/01/27 01:12PM
    Re: Why does the child have to go with the mother
    tyandy

Quote ashuri-chan: Of all the Robin leaving topics, I can't find a topic to post this in so I'll have to make my own.

KMC is leaving if she leaves then the little actress that plays Emma will have to be written out if she takes Emma. I don't think people realize that. they don't want to separate the characters from their actors/actresses and it is a bit ridiculous.

All anyone knows is that KMC is leaving and it is being written into the story line and so we have no idea how Robin is going to be exiting. I wish people would get that.

I just don't get why people think the child has to go with the mother. I admit Patrick's parenting could use some work as he does seem quick to dismiss things Emma has said, but he isn't a bad parent.

I don't know, that's just my two cents. This whole Robin leaving thing is causing an uproar and I think people are focusing on the wrong elements in this situation.

I adore the actress that plays Emma, but I think she could be aged just a bit. As far as myself wanting Emma to go with her mother, for one, Robin did say that nothing would seperate them again, and since she is leaving again (due to story line direction) I would like to silence the haters just a bit...its over the top at this point with all the Robin bashing that it makes me VERY selective on what posts I comment on...I would like to see mother/daughter stay together but not necessarily see the little actress lose her job... maybe she could be a recurring character that comes back frequently to see Pat and Ana, etc.

#3   2014/01/27 01:14PM
    Nightmoves

Quote ashuri-chan: Of all the Robin leaving topics, I can't find a topic to post this in so I'll have to make my own.

What surprises me is that is was quite obvious that KMc's return was not meant to be for a long period of time to begin with.

Also, where was all of this outrage when Robin was 'killed off' and left the show the first time. Not a peep then...

#4   2014/01/27 01:15PM
    Lialovessoaps

I think Patrick did a wonderful job raising Emma in Robin's absence, so I agree with you. I would prefer to see Emma leave with Robin however, so she can spend more time with her mom.

#5   2014/01/27 01:16PM
    ashuri-chan

I think people are taking what Robin said too literal. Surely there are parents on this board who have told their kids that they would never leave them. But hey you have to work yes? You have a trip to go on for business, yes?

I mean seriously.

And who knows maybe the writers are going to do another Jax/Carly/Joss thing and have Robin be somewhere off screen and have Emma visit her. It's not like she gets a lot of air time anyways. Maybe Patrick will be so engrossed in Sabrina's business that Robin will leave and they will do a shared custody or something.

#6   2014/01/27 01:21PM
    tyandy

Quote ashuri-chan: I think people are taking what Robin said too literal. Surely there are parents on this board who have told their kids that they would never leave them. But hey you have to work yes? You have a trip to go on for business, yes?

I mean seriously.

And who knows maybe the writers are going to do another Jax/Carly/Joss thing and have Robin be somewhere off screen and have Emma visit her. It's not like she gets a lot of air time anyways. Maybe Patrick will be so engrossed in Sabrina's business that Robin will leave and they will do a shared custody or something.

Good point, I just hope the writers figure out a way to make this exit make sense at least. And as far as when Robin was "killed off" the first time, I wasnt on the boards but it bothered me then too the way that was done, but I respect KMC right to pursue other avenues, as I do any actress that chooses to leave a soap for other ventures. Some posters on here feel that "if" Robin leaves her daughter again (not like she had a choice the last time) that she is some kind of monster that doesnt deserve to be a mother, so thats why I say take her with, but I dont think Emma will suffer tremendously if she doesnt, Pat wasnt all that bad on his own, even if he did pop a few pills and zone out for a while there, while other people took care of Emma, he was allowed to grieve, hmm wonder why noone is ready to lynch Pat for that???

#7   2014/01/27 01:27PM
    ashuri-chan

Quote tyandy:
    Quote ashuri-chan: I think people are taking what Robin said too literal. Surely there are parents on this board who have told their kids that they would never leave them. But hey you have to work yes? You have a trip to go on for business, yes?

I mean seriously.

Good point, I just hope the writers figure out a way to make this exit make sense at least. And as far as when Robin was "killed off" the first time, I wasnt on the boards but it bothered me then too the way that was done, but I respect KMC right to pursue other avenues, as I do any actress that chooses to leave a soap for other ventures. Some posters on here feel that "if" Robin leaves her daughter again (not like she had a choice the last time) that she is some kind of monster that doesnt deserve to be a mother, so thats why I say take her with, but I dont think Emma will suffer tremendously if she doesnt, Pat wasnt all that bad on his own, even if he did pop a few pills and zone out for a while there, while other people took care of Emma, he was allowed to grieve, hmm wonder why noone is ready to lynch Pat for that???

Maybe Robin should take Emma. When Patrick was watching her, there was a lot of topics about his parenting nitpicking and what not. So her being with Robin, that's one pro right there- lack of apparently expert parenting topics.

#8   2014/01/27 01:30PM
    tyandy

Quote ashuri-chan:
    Quote tyandy:

I mean seriously.

Maybe Robin should take Emma. When Patrick was watching her, there was a lot of topics about his parenting nitpicking and what not. So her being with Robin, that's one pro right there- lack of apparently expert parenting topics.

seems like there are a lot of experts on that topic, when I say to each his own..lol....LOTS of supposed parental experts...

#9   2014/01/27 01:42PM
    Bizlet

I don't know exactly why Robin is leaving yet, but unless they "kill" off again it seems pretty heartless to me to tell a child you will never let her go, but than leave without her by your side. I don't have a problem with Robin going off to save Brenda or whatever the scenario they come up to write her out, but Emma should be at her side when she leaves town. Like Jax, Carly and Joc the can share custody with a world bt them.

#10   2014/01/27 01:48PM
    genhospchat

Patrick took pills after losing Robin, Robin treed her baby. Symantics at this point.

Patrick is an amazing father and shouldn't be without his daughter. If KMc and TPTB knew it was only a short visit for Robin, they shouldn't have stopped the show or Patrick's relationship, Emma's stability for her to come back for a bit just to break up the family again. Robin could have come back to giver her blessings to Patrick and Emma, could have been there to help Maxie (like Georgie was), etc, etc. Or had Patrick not chosen her so it would make sense for her to not be around. Now the Patrick character will just be on hold again until IF she decides to come back. What a waste of time.

Bad writing for having her back to begin with.

Perhaps they can pull a Dallas and it was all a dream.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2014/01/27 01:52PM
    1 2 3 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list