List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: Robin is abandoning her daughter/husband again?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Robin is abandoning her daughter/husband again?

Started by brunette at 2014/01/24 03:08PM
    Latest post: 2014/01/29 08:01AM, Views: 4633, Replies: 60
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » »| page:
    #51   2014/01/28 02:02PM
    Re: Robin is abandoning her daughter/husband again?
    sunlight1949

I like Robin, but she is doing a disservice to the fans and GH by returning only to leave shortly. I know the writers will come up with some lame brain excuse when she leaves again. After a character has left for a long time and only wants to come back for a short time, they need to stay gone and let the storyline in place proceed. I liked the storyline between Patrick and Sabrina. Now Robin has messed this up with her short stay. Selfish!

#52   2014/01/28 03:22PM
    stonecoldhot

Quote sunlight1949: I like Robin, but she is doing a disservice to the fans and GH by returning only to leave shortly. I know the writers will come up with some lame brain excuse when she leaves again. After a character has left for a long time and only wants to come back for a short time, they need to stay gone and let the storyline in place proceed. I liked the storyline between Patrick and Sabrina. Now Robin has messed this up with her short stay. Selfish!

Yes Robin is very selfish, if she wanted to leave for any reason, she should of told Patrick, and not led him to believe that she waned a home with him and Emma

#53   2014/01/28 03:28PM
    TJM0324

Quote sunlight1949: I like Robin, but she is doing a disservice to the fans and GH by returning only to leave shortly. I know the writers will come up with some lame brain excuse when she leaves again. After a character has left for a long time and only wants to come back for a short time, they need to stay gone and let the storyline in place proceed. I liked the storyline between Patrick and Sabrina. Now Robin has messed this up with her short stay. Selfish!

I totally agree with you 100%. Her short stay's always alter the way the story line was being played out. Same thing with Luke's long vacations.

#54   2014/01/28 09:36PM
    Lialovessoaps

lovelovegh

Robin has been on since she was a young child in the 80's, like Emma now. This is why long time fans love her so much. We have been through a lot with this character and have seen her grow from a 5 year old to a teenanger, first love and loss, a major health issue, the birth of her child. So many, many things.
    It has always been known she would only come for a little while. People have to understand when you have acted on a show your entire life as you grow up you want to try new things. Luckily becasue GH has been on for so long she is able to do this and we are able to watch her.
    I don't undertand the heading she is a"bandoning her husband and daughter again", she was kidnapped, not really her choice so that is NOT abandonment. When she left before she actually thought she was going into full blown AIDS and would not be around for her family so she was trying to see if she could try new a drug protocol to save her life so she could be alive for her family.
    Besides as we know in soap world if Robin had not come back and messed up Sabrina and Patrick something else would have, no one stays perfect forever. Just look at Dante and LuLu.
    I am so happy Robin came back for a bit, I am sad she is leaving and I feel bad for Patrick and Emma but I think they will make it like Jocelyn and Jax and sometimes she will be gone because she is off visiting Robin.
    So I say Thank you to "Robin" for dedicating almost her entire life to my beloved GH. I appreciate you.

I couldn't agree more.

#55   2014/01/28 09:49PM
    Monkey Mama

Quote ghfanfare: ^^^Yeah, I'm not a Sabrina lover or hater. I'm kinda ambivalent as far as that goes. But I do agree she seems to have more personality with Carlos.

Why do they all want Patty cakes so much anyway? He's no great prize.

Hmmm..... A handsome & sexy man, who is an incredibly successful neurosurgeon & a loving Father.... yaaaa no big prize since those come along every day. LOL

#56   2014/01/28 09:58PM
    ghfanfare

Quote Monkey Mama:
    Quote ghfanfare: ^^^Yeah, I'm not a Sabrina lover or hater. I'm kinda ambivalent as far as that goes. But I do agree she seems to have more personality with Carlos.

Why do they all want Patty cakes so much anyway? He's no great prize.

Hmmm..... A handsome & sexy man, who is an incredibly successful neurosurgeon & a loving Father.... yaaaa no big prize since those come along every day. LOL

I'll concur with good father and successful doc. The rest, well, not my cup of tea. They can have him.

#57   2014/01/29 05:21AM
    brunette

The reality is that love her or hate her, Robin DOES NOT have as much of a presence or significance as some would like. Her biggest claim to fame on gh is how long she's been going back and forth.....that's it! She had a decent run years ago and the hiv thing was memorable; meaning she did play the part well. Other then that, she's as much a filler as luke, laura, lucy, scott, bobby, Leslie and basically all the kids. I am obsessed with jason, but even I had to admit to myself that his character was not making gh. Just cuz you love, it doesn't mean you should be blind to what's right in front of you. The only time I'm thanking robin is when she leaves so we can move forward.

#58   2014/01/29 05:49AM
    Bizlet

Love Robin or hate her for show like GH that has been on air going on 51 years now people have to realize characters are going to come and going to go. Some we may love and some may hate some but pre web/message board how many viewers said they would never watch another show when TG, JW, TR, FH, and GF left the first time they have returned more than once after there first left the show.
    We have gotten new Carly's, Michael's and Lulu's sometimes it takes two or three before they get it right.

I love my GH with old and new characters they have brought on this year. To me why I like seeming my favorite actors on screen if the story is stupid then I won't want to watch. Right now I am loving it.

#59   2014/01/29 07:10AM
    SnowStar

Quote Bizlet: Love Robin or hate her for show like GH that has been on air going on 51 years now people have to realize characters are going to come and going to go. Some we may love and some may hate some but pre web/message board how many viewers said they would never watch another show when TG, JW, TR, FH, and GF left the first time they have returned more than once after there first left the show.
    We have gotten new Carly's, Michael's and Lulu's sometimes it takes two or three before they get it right.

I love my GH with old and new characters they have brought on this year. To me why I like seeming my favorite actors on screen if the story is stupid then I won't want to watch. Right now I am loving it.

I think the show has to change with the times. If they had the same characters form the start, they would have run out of stories to tell very fast and it would have got boring very fast and would have got cancelled. They need to bring in new characters to create new story lines and new love connections to keep it interesting. I like it when they bring in new characters with connections to old characters or bring in an old character who hasn't been around for a very long time with a fresh solid story line. Another point is, they can't ignore the new younger generations (I am NOT talking about teenagers) joining the GH viewer fan base every day, the SOAPs need to be time appropriate with characters, actors and story lines so they can gain and retain the new viewers too. So basically they need to strike a balance with old characters and new to keep longtime viewers happy and to gain new viewers and keep them happy too! JMHO.

#60   2014/01/29 07:11AM
    Bettie Davis

Quote Bizlet: Love Robin or hate her for show like GH that has been on air going on 51 years now people have to realize characters are going to come and going to go. Some we may love and some may hate some but pre web/message board how many viewers said they would never watch another show when TG, JW, TR, FH, and GF left the first time they have returned more than once after there first left the show.

A really big CHEER for you Bizlet, you said it, I am loving GH too and agree with you a 100%.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list