List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: To tell or not to tell........

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

To tell or not to tell........

Started by ransomha at 2014/01/24 01:45PM
    Latest post: 2014/01/27 12:50PM, Views: 1525, Replies: 35
    « 1 2 3 4 » »| page:
    #11   2014/01/24 02:46PM
    Re: To tell or not to tell........
    TJM0324

Quote ransomha:
    Quote TJM0324: In real life I would tell the secret if the person it was being kept from meant more to me then the person keeping the secret.(Loyalty)

In the soap world, to tell or not to tell is choosen by which verision will drag the story on longer.

Good post!

Thank you!

#12   2014/01/24 03:43PM
    tyandy

Quote Howie79: I guess that I have mixed feelings about this. My best friend and I have a bond that goes back to grade school. I have secrets that she told me that I have not told my husband. I don't feel that I am lying to him, because what she has told me has no effect on him or our son or our life. I am respecting her right to privacy and her trust in me. If what she told me did involve my husband, son or our life, that would be a different story and I would have to take that situation as it came.

But on the show, I think that Felecia telling Mac is a plot point to move this story in a certain direction. As for Sabrina, she needs to tell Patrick. But, Patrick should also be asking for a paternity test. I mean, really, IF she slept with both of them within a month's time, without knowing her due date, either could be the father. Patrick is a neurosurgeon and should be aware about how babies are made. To me, him taking Sabrina at her word is simply the easy way out for him to move on with Robin. And personally, I really could care less about any of those characters anymore. I am so tired of baby storylines. UGH.

I agree with you, not telling your husband about things between you and a friend before he was in the picture makes perfect sense to me, and I would do the same, what I think Felicia's reasoning is that Mac and Kevin are friends, and maybe she figured that it could potentially affect him as well?? who the heck knows. And I couldnt agree with you more about Sabrina telling Patrick, she wouldnt be so worried about WHO was going to tell him if she had kept some of her cards closer to her chest now wouldnt she? I too am way over the baby stories...but unfortunately with Robin leaving again (for reasons unknown still on the show I might add) it s looking like baby drama will be shoved down our throats for however long it takes for Sab's little secret to get out....FURTHER...JMO

#13   2014/01/25 05:31AM
    ransomha

If you want any secret to get out, slip the into to Felix. Mission complete.

Who could trust this guy?

#14   2014/01/26 06:42AM
    HarrisCounty

Liz needs to tell Pat the truth simply becauz it's the right thing to do. She may lose a friend(s) but Pat's right to know trumps that concern.

Felicia? It's none of her business so she shoulda kept the secret. I don't see how it would affect her own marriage.

#15   2014/01/26 07:18AM
    ransomha

Quote HarrisCounty: Liz needs to tell Pat the truth simply becauz it's the right thing to do. She may lose a friend(s) but Pat's right to know trumps that concern.

Felicia? It's none of her business so she shoulda kept the secret. I don't see how it would affect her own marriage.

With Liz, I think Sabrina is PRAYING Liz tells.
    She can continue with this martyr facade .
    And still get Pat's attention.
    Liz is Pat's friend and he'd want to know.
    Sabrina's feelings don't even matter.

With Felicia, her face gives her away.
    She can't keep a secret but, if her husband asks her point blank, she shouldn't lie for Lucy or lie at all. Bad way to start a new marriage.

#16   2014/01/26 07:25AM
    HarrisCounty

Quote ransomha:
    Quote HarrisCounty: Liz needs to tell Pat the truth simply becauz it's the right thing to do. She may lose a friend(s) but Pat's right to know trumps that concern.

She can't keep a secret but, if her husband asks her point blank, she shouldn't lie for Lucy or lie at all. Bad way to start a new marriage.

Wasn't Felicia some sort of a spy/agent back in the day?
    Now, she can't hide a secret?

#17   2014/01/26 07:36AM
    ransomha

Quote HarrisCounty:
    Quote ransomha:

Wasn't Felicia some sort of a spy/agent back in the day?
    Now, she can't hide a secret?

hahah good point!
    I guess personal secrets are harder to keep then international ones.

She has aged beautifully

#18   2014/01/26 09:58AM
    KillerQueen

In real life you should tell a spouse IF it will affect him, you, or your children directly. Not all srcarts are on the same leveal . Personaly if a friend tries to tell me a whooper of a secart I would tell then I DONT want to know, more info then I want or need to know. Same with baby daddy, IF I knew beyond douht someone was going to be a daddy and was being lied to my first reaction would be to tell him the truth IF he was NOT abusive or on drugs, heavey drinker..reason being FIRST do no harm...and putting an infant with someone like that could lead to great harm. Now on a Soap it s more like who tells..with Liz s past she has no right to judge anyone s decissin PERIOD. Robin is self righties and a busey body, I wouldn't want her giving out info about my cat, Felix, the man cant shut up if you gagged him. While I believe a decent man has the right to know UNLESS the mother to be tells then it no one s business , in SOAPLAND

#19   2014/01/26 12:12PM
    ransomha

Quote KillerQueen: In real life you should tell a spouse IF it will affect him, you, or your children directly. Not all srcarts are on the same leveal . Personaly if a friend tries to tell me a whooper of a secart I would tell then I DONT want to know, more info then I want or need to know. Same with baby daddy, IF I knew beyond douht someone was going to be a daddy and was being lied to my first reaction would be to tell him the truth IF he was NOT abusive or on drugs, heavey drinker..reason being FIRST do no harm...and putting an infant with someone like that could lead to great harm. Now on a Soap it s more like who tells..with Liz s past she has no right to judge anyone s decissin PERIOD. Robin is self righties and a busey body, I wouldn't want her giving out info about my cat, Felix, the man cant shut up if you gagged him. While I believe a decent man has the right to know UNLESS the mother to be tells then it no one s business , in SOAPLAND

It's Sabrina and Felix's fault the Liz even knows this information.She didn't go snooping, they are the ones that put her in this position.
    Liz's past has nothing to do with if Patrick has a right to know Sabrina might be carrying his child.
    Pat's Liz's friend, unlike Felix, Liz is a GOOD friend and should do what she thinks is the right thing for Patrick.

Robin is a smart , strong woman. I admire that in a person. ( character )
    She may make feel people feel inferior , but that's on them. Not her fault.

#20   2014/01/26 12:56PM
    ah76

I have no problem with Felicia telling Mac because he is her husband and she may not want to keep secrets from him regarding their friends.However Mac shouldn't tell Kevin or anyone else what Felicia told him.Mac and Felicia should agree to stay out of the mess and just be there for Kevin and Lucy when it all hits the fan.However when Mac and Felicia learn Lucy slept with Scott again and it wasn't just a one time mistake then maybe they should tell Kevin.Now as for Elizabeth she should tell Sabrina she should tell the truth and if she doesn't then Liz will.That way at least Elizabeth gives Sabrina that chance.However maybe Liz should tell Patrick alone and then let him tell Robin himself.

« 1 2 3 4 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list