List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: To tell or not to tell........

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

To tell or not to tell........

Started by ransomha at 2014/01/24 01:45PM
    Latest post: 2014/01/27 12:50PM, Views: 1393, Replies: 35
    1 2 3 4 » »| page:
    #1   2014/01/24 01:45PM
    To tell or not to tell........
    ransomha

Felicia telling Mac about Lucy sleeping with Scott was a tough decision.
    While betraying Lucy's confidence, she was right not to lie or keep secrets from her husband.
    A husband/wife bond trumps a friend 's bond.

Liz threatening to spill the beans on Sabrina is a friend bond over a coworkers bond.

While it's none of Mac's business other then being a friend to Kevin, it's none of Liz's business other then being a friend to Patrick and Robin.

These are tough calls to make but, the bottom line is, when you are confronted with information that's none of your business, what do you do with it?

As a friend, how far do you go?

#2   2014/01/24 01:48PM
    Re: To tell or not to tell........
    tyandy

Quote ransomha: Felicia telling Mac about Lucy sleeping with Scott was a tough decision.
    While betraying Lucy's confidence, she was right not to lie or keep secrets from her husband.

Liz threatening to spill the beans on Sabrina is a friend bond over a coworkers bond.

While it's none of Mac's business other then being a friend to Kevin, it's none of Liz's business other then being a friend to Patrick and Robin.

These are tough calls to make but, the bottom line is, when you are confronted with information that's none of your business, what do you do with it?

are we speaking in Real Life or Soapland?? lol

#3   2014/01/24 01:50PM
    oltllover

Quote ransomha: Felicia telling Mac about Lucy sleeping with Scott was a tough decision.

The problem I have with this is that Mac only became suspicious when felicia started acting all guilty about having a secret. If mac had found out on his own and then asks felicia then I would agree that she shouldn't lie to her husband but to just flat out tell him is betraying a friends confidence if she had kept her cool he wouldn't know anything and she believed it was one time but now that its more then once that does change things.

#4   2014/01/24 01:51PM
    ransomha

Quote oltllover:

The problem I have with this is that Mac only became suspicious when felicia started acting all guilty about having a secret. If mac had found out on his own and then asks felicia then I would agree that she shouldn't lie to her husband but to just flat out tell him is betraying a friends confidence if she had kept her cool he wouldn't know anything and she believed it was one time but now that its more then once that does change things.

I guess the burden was too much for her to bare.

#5   2014/01/24 01:54PM
    ransomha

Quote tyandy:

A bit of both I guess.

I think Liz should tell Pat and Robin but, hope she doesn't .
    If Pat finds out from anyone other then Sabrina, I hope he never forgives her.

Felicia shouldn't lie to her husband.

As soon as more then one person knows a secret, it's not a secret anymore.

#6   2014/01/24 01:54PM
    tyandy

[quote]Quote oltllover: [quote]Quote ransomha: Felicia telling Mac about Lucy sleeping with Scott was a tough decision.

As a friend, how far do you go?[/quote]

The problem I have with this is that Mac only became suspicious when felicia started acting all guilty about having a secret. If mac had found out on his own and then asks felicia then I would agree that she shouldn't lie to her husband but to just flat out tell him is betraying a friends confidence if she had kept her cool he wouldn't know anything and she believed it was one time but now that its more then once that does change things.[/qu

True, but some people just dont have a very good poker face when it comes to lying, thank god thats a trait I dont possess..lol, but as far as Felicia NOT telling Mac, how ever it came out, I kinda agree. I would NOT feel comfortable lying to my husband, and I certainly wouldnt want a friend withholding information that could potentially harm me from me either so its a slippery slope but depending on what kind of person you are depends on what you do with that information I guess. And Im still waiting to see if we are talking R/L or soapland..lol

#7   2014/01/24 01:59PM
    tyandy

Quote ransomha:
    Quote tyandy:

A bit of both I guess.

I think Liz should tell Pat and Robin but, hope she doesn't .
    If Pat finds out from anyone other then Sabrina, I hope he never forgives her.

Felicia shouldn't lie to her husband.

As soon as more then one person knows a secret, it's not a secret anymore.

Well, I think you may already know how I feel about friends lying to me..lol think I made that clear on another post. Now I personally wouldnt lie to my husband, and I would tell anyone I consider a friend, especially a good friend the truth about something that could potentially hurt that friend, even if the one "withholding" the info regarding the other was a "friend". I dont know how I feel about Felicia spilling the beans about Lucy's infidelity because Im sooo NOT invested in that story line, it kinda grosses me out so..

#8   2014/01/24 02:29PM
    Howie79

I guess that I have mixed feelings about this. My best friend and I have a bond that goes back to grade school. I have secrets that she told me that I have not told my husband. I don't feel that I am lying to him, because what she has told me has no effect on him or our son or our life. I am respecting her right to privacy and her trust in me. If what she told me did involve my husband, son or our life, that would be a different story and I would have to take that situation as it came.

But on the show, I think that Felecia telling Mac is a plot point to move this story in a certain direction. As for Sabrina, she needs to tell Patrick. But, Patrick should also be asking for a paternity test. I mean, really, IF she slept with both of them within a month's time, without knowing her due date, either could be the father. Patrick is a neurosurgeon and should be aware about how babies are made. To me, him taking Sabrina at her word is simply the easy way out for him to move on with Robin. And personally, I really could care less about any of those characters anymore. I am so tired of baby storylines. UGH.

#9   2014/01/24 02:32PM
    TJM0324

In real life I would tell the secret if the person it was being kept from meant more to me then the person keeping the secret.(Loyalty)

In the soap world, to tell or not to tell is choosen by which verision will drag the story on longer.

#10   2014/01/24 02:42PM
    ransomha

Quote TJM0324: In real life I would tell the secret if the person it was being kept from meant more to me then the person keeping the secret.(Loyalty)

In the soap world, to tell or not to tell is choosen by which verision will drag the story on longer.

Good post!

1 2 3 4 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list