List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: Lucas is gay *NO gay bashing on Soaps.com*

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

CLOSED: Lucas is gay *NO gay bashing on Soaps.com*

Started by corazon at 2014/01/23 12:44PM
    Latest post: 2014/01/30 10:40AM, Views: 4658, Replies: 49
    « 1 2 3 4 5 page:
    #41   2014/01/28 02:39PM
    Re: Lucas is gay
    sunlight1949

Not interested in this storyline. Disgusting! Nothing personal.

#42   2014/01/28 03:48PM
    Ruca91

I think we've sort of gotten off track... this whole board was about Julian's reaction to Lucas's sexuality. Personally, I don't think it would matter all that much to Lucas if Julian rejected him. He barely knows the man anyway. It would be a lot more of an impactful if this was a storyline about a parent who actually raised the kid rejecting him because he's gay. Which unfortunately happens all too often. I've heard horror stories of teenagers being put on the street by their parents after they found out his or her sexual orientation. To reject your child, especially over something they have absolutely no control over, is the epitome of bad parenting. To be honest, I don't think those people even deserve to be called parents.

#43   2014/01/28 03:53PM
    ashuri-chan

I can't see Julian rejecting him. Julian is just like Sonny when it comes to his kids. He will do anything to get in their good graces. Not saying he would pretend to be okay with Lucas choice but he would support him if he wanted to keep his son in his life. I mean depending on what his personal opinion on the topic is.

#44   2014/01/28 04:27PM
    Ruca91

Quote ashuri-chan: I can't see Julian rejecting him. Julian is just like Sonny when it comes to his kids. He will do anything to get in their good graces. Not saying he would pretend to be okay with Lucas choice but he would support him if he wanted to keep his son in his life. I mean depending on what his personal opinion on the topic is.

Considering Lucas had no control in whether or not he was gay, Julian only has two options: accept it for what it is or prove to be a horrid parent. I mean, it's not like Lucas could change his sexual orientation even if he wanted to. Julian rejecting Lucas on the basic of his sexual orientation is the same as rejecting him on the color of his eyes. It'd be ridiculous of him. But I'm sure you're right that Julian's desire to be a good father will outweigh any possible bigotry he harbors. At least, hopefully.

#45   2014/01/29 10:59AM
    ah76

Quote ashuri-chan: I can't see Julian rejecting him. Julian is just like Sonny when it comes to his kids. He will do anything to get in their good graces. Not saying he would pretend to be okay with Lucas choice but he would support him if he wanted to keep his son in his life. I mean depending on what his personal opinion on the topic is.
    I agree.Julian will probably pretend he's okay with Lucas been gay because he could be afraid of pushing his son away.However i could also see Julian blaming Bobbie for turning Lucas gay or something like that.I also hope Lucas gives Julian time to get used to the news too even if Julian's initial response isn't the best one.

#46   2014/01/29 07:33PM
    what else

Quote mauimama: Maybe Lucas can hit on MORGAN - therefore driving both Julian AND Ava nuts! LOL

Got me chucking again. Thanks

#47   2014/01/29 07:39PM
    what else

Quote alveyps: I have been watching GH for over 40 years and I am now done. The writing is terrible and a waste of excellent acting talent on the show. Robin is back, then gone ,back again, and now is scheduled to be gone again and then will come back later. Do away with the character or recast. The gay storyline goes too far for my taste. New writers are definitely needed!!!

"The gay storyline goes too far for my taste. New writers are definitely needed!!" That won't happen. The writers have to appease everyone. God forbid the should exclude the gays.

#48   2014/01/29 07:51PM
    what else

Quote Ruca91:
    Quote alveyps: I have been watching GH for over 40 years and I am now done. The writing is terrible and a waste of excellent acting talent on the show. Robin is back, then gone ,back again, and now is scheduled to be gone again and then will come back later. Do away with the character or recast. The gay storyline goes too far for my taste. New writers are definitely needed!!!

I agree most of the writing is terrible. But the storyline with the gay characters is one of the more realistic ones. In reality, people can't help being gay. It's as much ingrained in them as the attraction to the opposite sex is to heterosexuals. And the fact that they can't help their feelings, coupled with attitudes such as yours that they are disgusting and inferior, is one glaring reason why gay teens have such higher rates of suicide. There's blood on the hands of the anti- gay crowd IMO.

No one is saying they are disgusting and inferior. However, IMO it is not true that gays cannot help their feelings, they are born that way. That is an untruth. Straight people are not responsible with blood on their hands. It is the gay person, himself, who decides to commit suicide for many reasons we can only fathom.

It is fact that gays cannot help their feelings just as it's fact straight people cannot force themselves to be gay. Please do not spew misinformation on this site.

Admin

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2014/01/30 11:26AM
    #49   2014/01/29 07:55PM
    what else

Quote sandra j: Guess I'm old school, but, I'm sick of seeing gay guys kiss. Yuk. My all time favorite soap is turning my stomach. Don't hate me, can't help how I feel.

I am old school too and I totally agree with you. It is good to see posts anti gay. As I mentioned in another post, what an actor has to do to make a living! I wounder how they feel kissing another man? Yuk is right.

This site does not allow anti-gay posts. Please do not post anything like this again.

Admin

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2014/01/30 11:27AM
    #50   2014/01/30 10:40AM
    TobeMerlot

Ok, so I have been a fan of GH since I was a little girl when I started watching it with my Nana, however I was disgusted when I saw Lucas and Brad actually kissing. Its one thing to show the same sex couples together holding hands and hugging, I can handle that, but did the writers have to take it further.

Thank God for DVRs and the fast forward button! :-(

« 1 2 3 4 5 page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list