List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: Lucas is gay *NO gay bashing on Soaps.com*

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

CLOSED: Lucas is gay *NO gay bashing on Soaps.com*

Started by corazon at 2014/01/23 12:44PM
    Latest post: 2014/01/30 10:40AM, Views: 5029, Replies: 49
    « 1 2 3 4 5 » »| page:
    #21   2014/01/24 10:51AM
    Re: Lucas is gay
    alveyps

I have been watching GH for over 40 years and I am now done. The writing is terrible and a waste of excellent acting talent on the show. Robin is back, then gone ,back again, and now is scheduled to be gone again and then will come back later. Do away with the character or recast. The gay storyline goes too far for my taste. New writers are definitely needed!!!

#22   2014/01/24 01:26PM
    Ruca91

Quote alveyps: I have been watching GH for over 40 years and I am now done. The writing is terrible and a waste of excellent acting talent on the show. Robin is back, then gone ,back again, and now is scheduled to be gone again and then will come back later. Do away with the character or recast. The gay storyline goes too far for my taste. New writers are definitely needed!!!

I agree most of the writing is terrible. But the storyline with the gay characters is one of the more realistic ones. In reality, people can't help being gay. It's as much ingrained in them as the attraction to the opposite sex is to heterosexuals. And the fact that they can't help their feelings, coupled with attitudes such as yours that they are disgusting and inferior, is one glaring reason why gay teens have such higher rates of suicide. There's blood on the hands of the anti- gay crowd IMO.

#23   2014/01/24 01:42PM
    vickidink

I don't think that all people who are turned off by seeing gay men and women being intimate are anti gay or that they think the gays are inferior or disgusting. From my personal view (being almost 59 years old), people over 35 did not grow up with day to day exposure to the gay and lesbian lifestyle like our society today has. It is going to take time for same sex intimacy to be in the open before some day it will just seem like that is the way it has always been. As time goes on things that were once unacceptable to show on television or talk about in public, for example, illegitimacy, nudity, curse words, and violence become a part of our everyday life and we get accustomed to them and the shock of seeing/hearing those things wears off. So it will be with gay/lesbian intimacy on prime time television and in public.

#24   2014/01/24 02:38PM
    sandra j

Guess I'm old school, but, I'm sick of seeing gay guys kiss. Yuk. My all time favorite soap is turning my stomach. Don't hate me, can't help how I feel.

#25   2014/01/24 02:48PM
    Ruca91

I wonder, if Lucas was a woman and Brad a Chinese heterosexual man and people talked about how disgusting a man of color and a white woman being together was, how much of this board would be calling them out on racism. It's the same concept. For example, of course many of the people especially in the 1960s and prior to that were products of their time, but that still doesn't excuse those peoples' racist attitudes. Those people had two choices: deal with the fact that non- white people were becoming more and more represented, particularly in media... or turn their heads. Because like it or not, black people aren't going away. The same dilemma is there for those who would rather not see gay people.

#26   2014/01/24 03:01PM
    nuttbuddy

My 28 y/o son is a proud gay man and I am his proud mother. We are very happy that he found someone good to spend his life with, who gives a rat's aZZ if that person is a man, woman, black, white, or purple. It only matters that he is happy with a wonderful person. I agree that not all that are uncomfortable with seeing gay intimacy are gay haters, but I think those people need to take a moment and wonder why they are uncomfortable. We're all human beings and I for one am sick of how everyone has to be labeled as something. We should learn to let folks live their lives as long as they aren't hurting anyone emotionally or physically.

#27   2014/01/24 08:00PM
    jettsmom

?) What is going on at GH why all this gay themes? enough. Dante with his tramp stamp. the new cop with the gugu eyes and now felix who is totally annoying and a pain. lucas and brad no more

#28   2014/01/25 04:02AM
    Patsky59

When they met in the bar they did not seem to know each other they acted like strangers. Each telling the other about their adoptions and criminal fathers why would they act like that if they were past lovers. Also at the hospital when Lucas found out about the dTe with cix he did say something about still having a chance.

#29   2014/01/25 06:30AM
    wise chick

The fact he is gay means nothing to me. The fact he jumps straight in bed with someone does.

#30   2014/01/25 07:43AM
    ah76

Lucas was gay before he left the show many years ago and he's still gay.So the show can't pretend he's straight now.Plus been gay is just part of who Lucas is I do think Lucas and Brad may have hooked up too fast but i'm sure stuff like that happens in real life too in which 2 people meet and then hook up immediately.Plus maybe fans wouldn't have a problem with it if one of them was a woman because one night stands between a man and a woman happen on soaps all the time.Plus we don't know what Lucas's life was like in Seattle and maybe he jumps into something too fast.Plus Bobbie did say last year that she hoped Lucas would find love.So maybe Lucas has never truly been in love but did have relationships.However with Brad Lucas may want to see where it goes because it may not just be sex.

« 1 2 3 4 5 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list