List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: Saved By The Bell

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Saved By The Bell

Started by PansyLuv at 2014/01/01 04:47PM
    Latest post: 2014/01/02 06:23PM, Views: 1144, Replies: 14
    1 2 » »| page:
    #1   2014/01/01 04:47PM
    Saved By The Bell
    PansyLuv

Let's keep the gh kids off camera until they come of age. This show doesn't need to be sbtb....teen storylines are irrelevant to grownups.

#2   2014/01/01 07:31PM
    Re: Saved By The Bell
    Laura6404

very true. especially the boring group they have on, so whiny!

#3   2014/01/01 08:40PM
    ChickenNoodle

I personally love a little teen angst. This show has not had a good teen grouping since Dillon, Maxie, Georgie days.....

Michael and Kristina were teens for a few months.... and they were related. So much for angst.

#4   2014/01/02 03:03AM
    tel4plm

I agree with ChickenNoodle - it's not teen stories that are bad, it's how they're written.

Lulu/Dillon/Georgie was very good.

Liz/Lucky/Emily/Nik was phenomenal.

The problem that I see is that the teen stories right now stink. I'm not blaming any of the actors. But the writing just stinks. I don't care about any of the characters, and that wasn't the case in the past.

#5   2014/01/02 05:50AM
    JaneDoe

Teen stories don't bother me normally, but the current group we have are useless IMO. They only make me want to FF. I'm very glad that we are only teased with them every once in a while.... then they fade into the background. I'm hoping Taylor stays with her parents after the holidays.

#6   2014/01/02 06:13AM
    theresao

Quote tel4plm: I agree with ChickenNoodle - it's not teen stories that are bad, it's how they're written.

The problem that I see is that the teen stories right now stink. I'm not blaming any of the actors. But the writing just stinks. I don't care about any of the characters, and that wasn't the case in the past.

I think the problem is, when compared to past teen groupings, except for Molly, the rest (TJ, Rafe and Taylor)are all new characters with no history on GH so we have no investment in them.

For example, Lulu is a Spencer and was born on the show, Dillon is a Quartermaine and was born on the show, and Georgie was a Jones, born on the show and being raised by Mac Scorpio, so we knew them, knew their parents (who we watched fall in love) so we were interested in Luke and Laura, Tracy and Frisco and Felicia's kids.

The new kids not so much.

#7   2014/01/02 06:24AM
    JaneDoe

Quote theresao:
    Quote tel4plm: I agree with ChickenNoodle - it's not teen stories that are bad, it's how they're written.

I think the problem is, when compared to past teen groupings, except for Molly, the rest (TJ, Rafe and Taylor)are all new characters with no history on GH so we have no investment in them.

For example, Lulu is a Spencer and was born on the show, Dillon is a Quartermaine and was born on the show, and Georgie was a Jones, born on the show and being raised by Mac Scorpio, so we knew them, knew their parents (who we watched fall in love) so we were interested in Luke and Laura, Tracy and Frisco and Felicia's kids.

Very true! I don't mind Molly, especially when she's involved in stories surrounding her family. She should have her cousin and friend Morgan still in her age range to hang out with and they should have SORAS'd Cameron and maybe Spencer to be in her age group instead of continuing to push them back in age to hang with Emma.

#8   2014/01/02 08:02AM
    stonecoldhot

Quote PansyLuv: Let's keep the gh kids off camera until they come of age. This show doesn't need to be sbtb....teen storylines are irrelevant to grownups.

Teens are the future viewers, they need to get addicted to GH now, or they will not watch as grown-ups, I started watching at the beginning, I may stop watching for a short time but I always go back, a nasty habit like smoking

#9   2014/01/02 08:18AM
    i need to ge...

Oh good! Agreed teen S/Ls are not so bad. Some of our vets started as teens. Robin, Jason, AJ were all good teens. My personal favorite Liz, Lucky, Nick, Emily. There were some others in there with them.... Juan maybe? (My favorites because I was a teen with them.) then there as Lulu, Georgie, Dillon.
    My opinion is that it's the S/Ls they're given to work with... Not the teens. Whoever said "teens bring future GH viewers" something like that? Is so right!!!!! The teens from when I was a teen are still my absolute favorite. Like we grew up together.... I know dumb
    Wasn't Laura a teen too??? Or was she a real life teen playing a young woman?

#10   2014/01/02 08:23AM
    Bizlet

Quote JaneDoe:
    Quote theresao:

Very true! I don't mind Molly, especially when she's involved in stories surrounding her family. She should have her cousin and friend Morgan still in her age range to hang out with and they should have SORAS'd Cameron and maybe Spencer to be in her age group instead of continuing to push them back in age to hang with Emma.

That is one thing one that bothers about Rafe and TJ. They had 2 maybe 3 members of the cast they could have SORARed instead of bringing all these newbies. Why do Nik and Liz' kids seem to be going backward. Cam was at least being played by same actor for awhile then they went younger for some reason. They have been all over the place with Spencer. They should all be SORASEd soon IMO.

1 2 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list