List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: Not starting war, but I'm just saying...

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Not starting war, but I'm just saying...

Started by melirose at 2013/12/24 07:34AM
    Latest post: 2013/12/27 04:10AM, Views: 2153, Replies: 36
    1 2 3 4 » »| page:
    #1   2013/12/24 07:34AM
    Not starting war, but I'm just saying...
    melirose

I'm not too sure if Patrick wants Robin back because he is in love with her or if it's because it's the right thing to do. The break up with Sabrina seemed to hit him a little too hard. And I also noticed that in his speech to go back to Robin he said "Robin's my wife and the mother of my child." No where did he say anything about love and his heart, etc... IMO it seems like Patrick feels obligated to go back to his wife.And I think that's where the issue is going to be later on in their relationship.

#2   2013/12/24 07:43AM
    Re: Not starting war, but I'm just saying...
    ransomha

Quote melirose: I'm not too sure if Patrick wants Robin back because he is in love with her or if it's because it's the right thing to do. The break up with Sabrina seemed to hit him a little too hard. And I also noticed that in his speech to go back to Robin he said "Robin's my wife and the mother of my child." No where did he say anything about love and his heart, etc... IMO it seems like Patrick feels obligated to go back to his wife.And I think that's where the issue is going to be later on in their relationship.

You need to re watch that scene and that kiss. Patrick was HOME in Robin's arms.

#3   2013/12/24 07:44AM
    SnowStar

Quote melirose: I'm not too sure if Patrick wants Robin back because he is in love with her or if it's because it's the right thing to do. The break up with Sabrina seemed to hit him a little too hard. And I also noticed that in his speech to go back to Robin he said "Robin's my wife and the mother of my child." No where did he say anything about love and his heart, etc... IMO it seems like Patrick feels obligated to go back to his wife.And I think that's where the issue is going to be later on in their relationship.

I have to agree with you, especially after seeing the break up yesterday. I guess time will tell ...

(from YouTube ...)
    Patrick: I knew what I HAD to do deep down ...
    Patrick: She is my wife, she is the mother of my child. I HAD to do this ...I am sorry.
    Patrick: I didn't want this for us, I want you to be my wife ...
    Sabrina: You should go ...
    Patrick: I DON'T WANT TO.... (he looked like a child holding on ...)
    Sabrina: I am sure Emma and Robin are waiting for you
    Patrick: Sabrina ...
    Sabrina: Patrick, please just go ...for both of us ..

#4   2013/12/24 08:01AM
    melirose

Quote SnowStar:

I have to agree with you, especially after seeing the break up yesterday. I guess time will tell ...

(from YouTube ...)
    Patrick: I knew what I HAD to do deep down ...
    Patrick: She is my wife, she is the mother of my child. I HAD to do this ...I am sorry.
    Patrick: I didn't want this for us, I want you to be my wife ...
    Sabrina: You should go ...
    Patrick: I DON'T WANT TO.... (he looked like a child holding on ...)
    Sabrina: I am sure Emma and Robin are waiting for you
    Patrick: Sabrina ...
    Sabrina: Patrick, please just go ...for both of us ..

AMEN!!! He fell in love with Sabrina and now feels obligated to go back to Robin and his child. Any man would do that. I think Robin will pick up on it in time. So we shall see...

#5   2013/12/24 08:05AM
    melirose

Quote ransomha:

You need to re watch that scene and that kiss. Patrick was HOME in Robin's arms.

Yes I saw it...I'm still not entirely convinced yet though. I can go either way with Robin or Sabrina, but yesterday's scene with Sabrina left me feeling that it's not over between them. Patrick in some way is going to get drawn back to her. And not because Sabrina is manipulating him RANS!! lol

#6   2013/12/24 08:05AM
    Bizlet

I have to agree with you. IRL knowing more one than friend whose parents waited until the last child left house to file divorce papers that is not a real marriage that is staying together for all the all the reasons you stated. It is not like Robin is a little waif who can not take not get on in the world with out Patrick.
    I also assumed it being a soap and all Pat's first decision would not be his final decision.

#7   2013/12/24 08:59AM
    Pretty_Gorge...

I don't think it was obligation more of letting her down easy and still trying to get his point across that he did love Sabrina and it wasn't meaningless . I never doubted that Patrick loved Sabrina but I think he was acknowledging in another life they would of been perfect together but in the world they are on currently...It has and always been Robin for him. And he did want his family back that he made with her. If there is anymore left with them it will only be because of Patrick feeling like he owes her in a sense, because she was so significant in his life and helping him put his life back together . Or if they do like every cheesy soap and make her pregnant with his baby . Smh I hope not. Sabrina's character is better than being a 'baby mama'

#8   2013/12/24 09:07AM
    tyandy

Quote Pretty_Gorgeous31:

I don't think it was obligation more of letting her down easy and still trying to get his point across that he did love Sabrina and it wasn't meaningless . I never doubted that Patrick loved Sabrina but I think he was acknowledging in another life they would of been perfect together but in the world they are on currently...It has and always been Robin for him. And he did want his family back that he made with her. If there is anymore left with them it will only be because of Patrick feeling like he owes her in a sense, because she was so significant in his life and helping him put his life back together . Or if they do like every cheesy soap and make her pregnant with his baby . Smh I hope not. Sabrina's character is better than being a 'baby mama'

I didn't see obligation either. What I saw was a man who cared for a woman that he was about to marry trying his darnedest not to hurt someone who did so much for him (helping him thru GRIEVING HIS WIFE!) When Patty said had I known Robin was alive I would have searched FOREVER to bring her home to me and Emma, that was it for me. OF COURSE he didn't see this coming, of course this is NOT what he had in mind for them when he asked Sabrina to marry him...HOW COULD HE??? he didn't know Robin was alive?! had he known Robin was alive there would have been NO proposal to begin with IMO....so obligation, nope dont see that at all

#9   2013/12/24 09:24AM
    ghfanfare

I think Patty loves Robin. But he also loves Sabrina. And he had a very hard time letting her go. So it could be that he will have some what ifs and Robin won't be too happy about that. That seems soapy to me.

#10   2013/12/24 09:50AM
    prussell95

I agree with you I think he went back with her because she was his wife. Also the first thing he said Sam told me do this it like I would not being do this if Sam have not told me too.

1 2 3 4 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list