List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: I just don't understand...

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

I just don't understand...

Started by FutureSoapWriter at 2013/12/19 08:11AM
    Latest post: 2013/12/20 10:01AM, Views: 818, Replies: 10
    1 2 » »| page:
    #1   2013/12/19 08:11AM
    I just don't understand...
    FutureSoapWr...

I understand that Patrick thought Robin was dead and moved on with Sabrina but come on now.. if you're completely in love with someone 2 years feelings don't change if they're not in your life. You put those feelings to the side and try and move on which Patrick did. In his case, his wife was still alive. How is it so hard for him to make this decision? Is it him not wanting to hurt Sabrina's feelings because it's hard to believe you move on from the love of your life in 2 short years...

#2   2013/12/19 09:52AM
    Re: I just don't understand...
    scrubsfan

And dont forget an hour before the 18 second delay of I do he was hoping to find roibn in the lab. he's so over Sabina.

#3   2013/12/19 10:06AM
    Pretty_Gorge...

Quote FutureSoapWriter: I understand that Patrick thought Robin was dead and moved on with Sabrina but come on now.. if you're completely in love with someone 2 years feelings don't change if they're not in your life. You put those feelings to the side and try and move on which Patrick did. In his case, his wife was still alive. How is it so hard for him to make this decision? Is it him not wanting to hurt Sabrina's feelings because it's hard to believe you move on from the love of your life in 2 short years...

That's what I'm saying. I'm over this dragging out stuff. SCRUBS live on forever lol. Sabrina Just don't do it for me. I never like them together, I was just Glad the "britch" was out of the picture. she was beyond desperate lol. #TeamRobin

#4   2013/12/19 10:10AM
    IslandGirl33

IMO, 2 years IS a long time and yes, feelings can and do change in that time. Especially since in his mind she was dead, not simply "not in his life".

Also, I sorta considered his trip to the lab a way of confirming that Robin was NOT alive more so than "oh my, I hope I find her there". Remember, he was basically being told that his mind is playing tricks on him. All that on top of all the different "normal" emotions one feels when they're getting married.

#5   2013/12/19 10:10AM
    FutureSoapWr...

Quote scrubsfan: And dont forget an hour before the 18 second delay of I do he was hoping to find roibn in the lab. he's so over Sabina.

SERIOUSLY!! Sabrina doesn't stand a chance. If he does choose Sabrina... that will be short lived.

#6   2013/12/19 10:38AM
    lovelovegh

Quote IslandGirl33: IMO, 2 years IS a long time and yes, feelings can and do change in that time. Especially since in his mind she was dead, not simply "not in his life".

Also, I sorta considered his trip to the lab a way of confirming that Robin was NOT alive more so than "oh my, I hope I find her there". Remember, he was basically being told that his mind is playing tricks on him. All that on top of all the different "normal" emotions one feels when they're getting married.

Actually 2 years is not that long. I was seperated from husband when he died suddenly and I was lost for more than 2 years. It was not until I was laid off from work and had 3 months before I found a new job that I really started to heal. At that time as I finally came out of my funk and when I realized I had actually been in one. I realized a lot of my choices were done out of desperation to feel normal and to hold it together for my children. When that song by Rob Thomas of Matchbox 20 came out...I'm not crazy I'm just a little unwell...right now....well that was me. I functioning and moving on with my life but I was not.

I know GH is not real but honestly, Patrick was deeply in love with his wife and child, his family and as wonderful Sabrina has been to Patrick and Emma he was not truly ready to be remarried, it was as if he was forcing himself to get married and move on because it would be best for everyone around him and at least Sabrina helped him function more than he was before. Clearly he was still not done greiving for Robin, that is why he had to watch the video of her telling him to move on because he couldn't do it on his own.
    I like Sabrina and feel bad for her, but deep down Patrick never wanted to choose or move on, he never wanted his wife taken away, he just wanted his family intact. It will be hard to let Sabrina's friendship go but his love for Robin is stronger, he is just in shock about everything right now.

#7   2013/12/19 10:45AM
    FutureSoapWr...

Quote Pretty_Gorgeous31:
    Quote FutureSoapWriter: I understand that Patrick thought Robin was dead and moved on with Sabrina but come on now.. if you're completely in love with someone 2 years feelings don't change if they're not in your life. You put those feelings to the side and try and move on which Patrick did. In his case, his wife was still alive. How is it so hard for him to make this decision? Is it him not wanting to hurt Sabrina's feelings because it's hard to believe you move on from the love of your life in 2 short years...

That's what I'm saying. I'm over this dragging out stuff. SCRUBS live on forever lol. Sabrina Just don't do it for me. I never like them together, I was just Glad the "britch" was out of the picture. she was beyond desperate lol. #TeamRobin

Even though Sabrina is super nice, I just don't see them together. There's no passion!

#8   2013/12/19 10:50AM
    IslandGirl33

Quote lovelovegh:
    Quote IslandGirl33: IMO, 2 years IS a long time and yes, feelings can and do change in that time. Especially since in his mind she was dead, not simply "not in his life".

Actually 2 years is not that long. I was seperated from husband when he died suddenly and I was lost for more than 2 years. It was not until I was laid off from work and had 3 months before I found a new job that I really started to heal. At that time as I finally came out of my funk and when I realized I had actually been in one. I realized a lot of my choices were done out of desperation to feel normal and to hold it together for my children. When that song by Rob Thomas of Matchbox 20 came out...I'm not crazy I'm just a little unwell...right now....well that was me. I functioning and moving on with my life but I was not.

I know GH is not real but honestly, Patrick was deeply in love with his wife and child, his family and as wonderful Sabrina has been to Patrick and Emma he was not truly ready to be remarried, it was as if he was forcing himself to get married and move on because it would be best for everyone around him and at least Sabrina helped him function more than he was before. Clearly he was still not done greiving for Robin, that is why he had to watch the video of her telling him to move on because he couldn't do it on his own.
    I like Sabrina and feel bad for her, but deep down Patrick never wanted to choose or move on, he never wanted his wife taken away, he just wanted his family intact. It will be hard to let Sabrina's friendship go but his love for Robin is stronger, he is just in shock about everything right now.

I am truly sorry for your loss. I hope you are finding peace!

We must keep in mind that everyone does heal differently and at different paces. What's a long time for me may not be for someone else and that's ok!

#9   2013/12/19 10:58AM
    FutureSoapWr...

Quote lovelovegh:

Sorry for your loss! I totally agree with what you are saying! He is definitely in shock. 2 years doesn't mend a shattered heart. No matter what the situation is.

I do feel bad for Sabrina BUT if a man you are engaged to is still holding on to his dead wife's memory and love, you don't continue with the wedding. You wait until he is all yours with his whole heart.

#10   2013/12/19 12:05PM
    KillerQueen

Quote FutureSoapWriter:
    Quote lovelovegh:

Sorry for your loss! I totally agree with what you are saying! He is definitely in shock. 2 years doesn't mend a shattered heart. No matter what the situation is.

I do feel bad for Sabrina BUT if a man you are engaged to is still holding on to his dead wife's memory and love, you don't continue with the wedding. You wait until he is all yours with his whole heart.

Not whole heart but not a grieving heart either. A part of your heart always remains with the one who DIED, in most cases they stay dead unlike Soaps. And for some 2 years is long enough but others it isn't, neither is right or wrong

1 2 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list