List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: WHY DO WE NEED TO FIGHT??????

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

WHY DO WE NEED TO FIGHT??????

Started by brunette at 2013/12/18 11:05AM
    Latest post: 2013/12/19 02:00PM, Views: 1092, Replies: 22
    1 2 3 » »| page:
    #1   2013/12/18 11:05AM
    WHY DO WE NEED TO FIGHT??????
    brunette

I'm married and have children so I can appreciate wanting your family back. However, fighting isn't something you just do. If I were robin the first I would've done is run to patrick and emma to let them know how much I love and miss them and how much I want them back. I would explain to patrick how much I wanted to be a family and wanted to work on getting back what we had. But realistically that's all you can do. This nonsense about till death fo us part that other posters keep talking about is useless in this situation. If someone believes you are dead and two yrs later falls in love with someone else, then you have to be an adult and understand that you can't control feelings or emotions. That's not breaking vows......its living and reacting to what life hands you. Even people that stay together fall OUT OF LOVE. You can't force people to feel the same as you considering 2 yrs past. I mean who the heck are you planning on fighting with? Sabrina also acted like any normal person would. She has done only good so WTH are you angry at her for? It's also ridiculous to go to the other woman instead of your own husband.

#2   2013/12/18 11:22AM
    Re: WHY DO WE NEED TO FIGHT??????
    duke417

Quote brunette: I'm married and have children so I can appreciate wanting your family back. However, fighting isn't something you just do. If I were robin the first I would've done is run to patrick and emma to let them know how much I love and miss them and how much I want them back. I would explain to patrick how much I wanted to be a family and wanted to work on getting back what we had. But realistically that's all you can do. This nonsense about till death fo us part that other posters keep talking about is useless in this situation. If someone believes you are dead and two yrs later falls in love with someone else, then you have to be an adult and understand that you can't control feelings or emotions. That's not breaking vows......its living and reacting to what life hands you. Even people that stay together fall OUT OF LOVE. You can't force people to feel the same as you considering 2 yrs past. I mean who the heck are you planning on fighting with? Sabrina also acted like any normal person would. She has done only good so WTH are you angry at her for? It's also ridiculous to go to the other woman instead of your own husband.

You make very good points. Sabrina, IMO, so far is the only one that is acting in an adult manner in regards to this triangular situation.

.......and THIS coming from a poster who until the wedding scenes really had no use for the Sabrina character. Go figure.

Robin would be better served spending time with her daughter 24/7.
    As for Patrick....... I understand it's a tenuous sitch, but really, dude, stop playing the victim card. Not good for a 'supposed' male lead.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/12/18 11:25AM
    #3   2013/12/18 11:32AM
    brunette

Quote duke417:
    Quote brunette: I'm married and have children so I can appreciate wanting your family back. However, fighting isn't something you just do. If I were robin the first I would've done is run to patrick and emma to let them know how much I love and miss them and how much I want them back. I would explain to patrick how much I wanted to be a family and wanted to work on getting back what we had. But realistically that's all you can do. This nonsense about till death fo us part that other posters keep talking about is useless in this situation. If someone believes you are dead and two yrs later falls in love with someone else, then you have to be an adult and understand that you can't control feelings or emotions. That's not breaking vows......its living and reacting to what life hands you. Even people that stay together fall OUT OF LOVE. You can't force people to feel the same as you considering 2 yrs past. I mean who the heck are you planning on fighting with? Sabrina also acted like any normal person would. She has done only good so WTH are you angry at her for? It's also ridiculous to go to the other woman instead of your own husband.

You make very good points. Sabrina, IMO, so far is the only one that is acting in an adult manner in regards to this triangular situation.

.......and THIS coming from a poster who until the wedding scenes really had no use for the Sabrina character. Go figure.

As for Patrick....... I understand it's a tenuous sitch, but really, dude, stop playing the victim card. Not good for a 'supposed' male lead.

EXACTLY! People are blaming Sabrina simply because they love robin. Sorry but that's really stupid. Robin be with emma and let Patrick figure out things. If he takes too long...dump him! Yes you'll suffer but you'll get over it eventually. Heck, you survived kidnapped and torture.

#4   2013/12/18 11:48AM
    Bizlet

Quote brunette:
    Quote duke417:

EXACTLY! People are blaming Sabrina simply because they love robin. Sorry but that's really stupid. Robin be with emma and let Patrick figure out things. If he takes too long...dump him! Yes you'll suffer but you'll get over it eventually. Heck, you survived kidnapped and torture.

Great couple of posts. Some poster was going about til death do us part being an important part of wedding vows, but this is a Soap. On AMC Erica Kane's many divorces and marriages was a subplot of the show. How many husbands has Carly had? Robin is suppose to be this strong woman if she can't work things out with Patrick then she will move on and they will figure out a way to raise Emma together.

#5   2013/12/18 12:03PM
    ah76

2 years have passed and yes it wasn't Robin's fault that she wasn't there but it's not like she and Patrick can just pick up where they left off and pretend they are the same people they were back then.Patrick and Robin will always love each other and be connected because of Emma.However that doesn't mean they're still in love with each other or can recapture what they had.If they stay together only because it's the right thing to do they may only end up hurting each other and especially their daughter.

#6   2013/12/18 12:16PM
    duke417

**click click click****
    ^^^^^ that's the sound of the light bulb coming on.
    The writers are hedging their bets regarding these characters.
    1. Robin.......is she here for the long run? To quote an old commercial, only her hairdresser knows for sure. Hopefully, it's the same stylist that gave her her ombre highlights in the Swiss lab. Lol.
    2. Patrick......JT only rivals KMc in chatter on the boards about his longevity with the show. For me, if he left, I wouldn't miss him.
    3. Sabrina...... TPTB admirably righted this ship. Bringing in Carlos was a wise move. Not necessarily as a HEA for her but it's giving the Sabrina character an opportunity for GOOD backstory. Also impressed that Cartini released Britt and Felix from Sabrina's orbit into their own romantic possibilies with Nik and Brad.

#7   2013/12/18 12:58PM
    Layngel

I personally don't care who Patrick chooses. I think Sabrina is handling it well so far, but I fear the writers will have her start scheming. I certainly hope not, but I could see it.

#8   2013/12/18 01:04PM
    shepmajor

Considering the fact that Patrick was hoping for all he was worth that Robin really was at the hospital lab RIGHT BEFORE HIS WEDDING? Tells me that he wasn't so over Robin as some would prefer to believe. His hesitation at saying "I DO" is further evidence of that fact.

#9   2013/12/18 01:46PM
    AnotherScree...

I sure didn't see him leaving skid marks on sabrinas back as he knocked her down trying to get to Robin and then insisting that robin come home. Now, the HESITATION is who he wants. He may choose Robin but I sure don't see him rushing to make up his mind either.

#10   2013/12/18 02:28PM
    ashuri-chan

OH MY GOD! Thank you!! This is exactly what I have been saying! But no the Sabrina haters just want to label others as Robin haters for not supporting her actions.

Robin is just mad because Sabrina isn't doing what she wants her to do. That's so pathetic.

1 2 3 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list