List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: Anyone else catch "Who Shot The Daytime Soap?"

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Anyone else catch "Who Shot The Daytime Soap?"

Started by taramartin at 2013/12/16 05:59PM
    Latest post: 2013/12/20 12:19PM, Views: 504, Replies: 9
    page:
    #1   2013/12/16 05:59PM
    Anyone else catch "Who Shot The Daytime Soap?"
    taramartin

It was on Comcast on the TVGN.

#2   2013/12/16 08:02PM
    Re: Anyone else catch
    Mrs. Lansing

I did. I don't think they necessarily answered the question, but it was so great to see all those people again talking about the history of the soap opera. Really love that they included Dark Shadows too!

#3   2013/12/17 04:44AM
    taramartin

I would like to catch it again because I was doing other things as I was watching but I agree it was fun to see some of the history and see so many actors. I didn't realize OJ started the whole reality genre - not my favorite.

#4   2013/12/17 05:01AM
    Bizlet

I will have to see if I can find that ondemand or in reruns. My mother an avid AMC watcher was tuning into CNN to watch The OJ trial on her lunch break instead of the show she watched since its debut.

#5   2013/12/17 05:05AM
    oltllover

Unfortunately I don't get that channel. I did see a promo on the internet somewhere but would love to see the whole thing. maybe someone will you tube it.

#6   2013/12/17 05:19AM
    Bizlet

If you have the TVGN it is airing today at 10:30am, and again at 5:00pm.

#7   2013/12/17 06:37PM
    johnsfan

Quote Mrs. Lansing: I did. I don't think they necessarily answered the question, but it was so great to see all those people again talking about the history of the soap opera. Really love that they included Dark Shadows too!

I also liked that Dark Shadows was included. Really, does most of America watch so-called reality shows and talk shows? Personally, I'm sick of having them shoved down our throats. I watch the Hallmark Channels when not watching the daily soaps. TVGN is also good. The only thing killing soaps are the head writers of some of them, such as Jill Farren Phelps on Y & R. I think she needs a permanent vacation from ever taking over the reigns of a soap opera.

#8   2013/12/18 05:04AM
    Bizlet

Quote johnsfan:
    Quote Mrs. Lansing: I did. I don't think they necessarily answered the question, but it was so great to see all those people again talking about the history of the soap opera. Really love that they included Dark Shadows too!

I also liked that Dark Shadows was included. Really, does most of America watch so-called reality shows and talk shows? Personally, I'm sick of having them shoved down our throats. I watch the Hallmark Channels when not watching the daily soaps. TVGN is also good. The only thing killing soaps are the head writers of some of them, such as Jill Farren Phelps on Y & R. I think she needs a permanent vacation from ever taking over the reigns of a soap opera.

No I don't. I never got into Survior or any of the ones on MTv. I loved ER when it was good, Law and Order now I watch Downtown Abby and Elementary. I think the driving force behind reality and talk shows is production costs. They churn them out for very little cost. Most of these are not produced for the network, but picked by local affiliates if they don't want air news in the afternoon.

#9   2013/12/18 08:09AM
    strangeland

I am loving the GH reruns on SOAPNET. Got to see Luke and Tracy's Christmastime wedding again. Really miss Lucky, Ethan, Jason, etc. Love the law office scenes with Diane and the whole 'Balkan' storyline. I find myself running home to watch those on my DVR before the new episodes. Totally lost interest in the other soaps...sick of love triangles.

#10   2013/12/20 12:19PM
    SonnylovesEmily

I saw the show only because the fact that Tristan Rogers was on it.

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list