List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: Direct TV message--Soapnet ending

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Direct TV message--Soapnet ending

Started by Greenowl at 2013/12/02 07:13PM
    Latest post: 2013/12/03 06:20PM, Views: 2209, Replies: 8
    page:
    #1   2013/12/02 07:13PM
    Direct TV message--Soapnet ending
    Greenowl

Just went to our Direct TV guide and saw a message that states Soapnet will be removed from Direct TV at the end of the month due to Disney discontinuing it.

Soapnet is one of the main reasons I watch Direct TV.

Not a happy camper!

#2   2013/12/03 05:11AM
    Re: Direct TV message--Soapnet ending
    SonnylovesEmily

Very glad I don't get DirctTV.

#3   2013/12/03 06:35AM
    MikeLikesSoaps

I stopped watching SoapNet years ago when it stopped showing a lot of soaps and kept showing endless hours of 90210, Gilmore Girls, One Tree Hill and whatever else was on the CW. I liked it when it bnetter in the early-mid 2000s when they showed the old prime time soaps (DAllas, Dynasty, Knots Landing) and prime time soaps that only lasted one season and many people don;t remember or didn't even know about. I had always hoped they would hve shown the last few years of Edge of Night. I really liked that show in the early 80s and never saw the final months of it before it ended.

#4   2013/12/03 07:44AM
    duke417

Quote MikeLikesSoaps: I stopped watching SoapNet years ago when it stopped showing a lot of soaps and kept showing endless hours of 90210, Gilmore Girls, One Tree Hill and whatever else was on the CW. I liked it when it bnetter in the early-mid 2000s when they showed the old prime time soaps (DAllas, Dynasty, Knots Landing) and prime time soaps that only lasted one season and many people don;t remember or didn't even know about. I had always hoped they would hve shown the last few years of Edge of Night. I really liked that show in the early 80s and never saw the final months of it before it ended.

Same here. Not a Veronica Mars fan.

This channel really should have played more soaps. I really enjoyed watching Another World for the first time on it and seeing Ryan's Hope again.

#5   2013/12/03 08:11AM
    Bizlet

It used to run it at odd times, but loved being able to watch Ryan's Hope when I could on Soapnet. I still get cable so as far as I know my package includes Soapnet In 2014. Sorry direct TV users.

#6   2013/12/03 08:16AM
    lovelyliz

Quote MikeLikesSoaps: I stopped watching SoapNet years ago when it stopped showing a lot of soaps and kept showing endless hours of 90210, Gilmore Girls, One Tree Hill and whatever else was on the CW. I liked it when it bnetter in the early-mid 2000s when they showed the old prime time soaps (DAllas, Dynasty, Knots Landing) and prime time soaps that only lasted one season and many people don;t remember or didn't even know about. I had always hoped they would hve shown the last few years of Edge of Night. I really liked that show in the early 80s and never saw the final months of it before it ended.

I do not like those shows. Hate when I'm home & turn on soap net all you see is those shows. I want to see GH or Days but no it's too many of those shows on but I must admit I do like 90210. I rather see that than the rest of them.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/12/03 08:17AM
    #7   2013/12/03 12:10PM
    Mstc

I just want to know where I can catch GH if I mess it at 1 pm CST? Anyone???

#8   2013/12/03 06:13PM
    Mrs. Lansing

I always hated that soapnet never played a lot of reruns of the old soaps. If they could afford shows like One Tree Hill, and Veronica Mars, then they could afford to show the old soaps that are no longer on. Santa Barbara is one that comes to mind, as well as Edge Of Night, and The Doctors.
    The one reason I do appreciate soapnet is that if the show is preempted for some reason I can always catch the episode on soapnet. Only good thing about it.

#9   2013/12/03 06:20PM
    lovelyliz

Quote Bizlet: It used to run it at odd times, but loved being able to watch Ryan's Hope when I could on Soapnet. I still get cable so as far as I know my package includes Soapnet In 2014. Sorry direct TV users.

They also use to show the old GH shows with Liz, Sonny, Jason and Sam. What happen to that. It must be because it's a new HR. All they show now is RC stuff. I hope they go back to some old GH stuff.

page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list