List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: Maxie

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Maxie

Started by ransomha at 2013/11/26 01:32PM
    Latest post: 2013/11/29 03:18PM, Views: 2604, Replies: 37
    « 1 2 3 4 page:
    #31   2013/11/28 01:25PM
    Re: Maxie
    genhospchat

Quote cardgirl: First, Maxie is my absolute favorite character on GH. I have loved watching her grow up. I understand why she does what she does. I understand that down deep, Maxie acts mostly based on her own lack of self worth. Maxie does not understand boundaries like most people do. I think she acts out because of always feeling like she was abandoned by her parents. I know Mac gave her a good life, but that is not the same as being with your real parents. Children, no matter what age, they know when they are not their parent's priority. And those feeling elicit a lot of negative behaviors.

All of this, has caused Maxie to be very selfish and impulsive. It's hard for her to see things from other's perspective. That would require a level of connecting to another person, that Maxie is not capable of. She has however, over the years shown some growth and has become somewhat less self absorbed. But she still makes really bad decisions. And a lot of those times her heart has been in the right place and she has meant well. But still her inability to think about the consequences of her action has gotten her in trouble.

Deciding to lie about the true parentage of the baby is one of her worst laid plans. She was trying to be unselfish, she meant well. She just didn't stop to think about the fact that having to carry a child she knew was hers was going to make it hard for her to not bond with the child.

She only wanted the baby though after she was found out. If Brad had never told on her, Connie would have been raised with Lante. She only decided that she wanted her after being convinced that raising her own baby was the right thing to do by Felicia and Mac.

Does this mean she does not love her child? No. Does this make her a bad mom...well we don't know yet because she has not parented yet. And the fact that she is not parenting her own child right now is her own fault. She for once needs to suffer the consequences of her well intentioned bad decisions. What she did, DID cause great harm, to Lante, to Spinelli, who was lied to for months. She did not deserve to be called a murdered though and Lulu is not a better person or parent then she is. However, she does need to prove that she can change and that she can parent and make good decisions. Maxie can't just do what she wants all her life. Especially now that she is a mom. She will need to make decisions that are best for her child for a long time to come, she will have to make sacrifices for her child. You can't be selfish and be a parent. I think she can change, and I think she can be a good mother. But she needs to live with these consequences. The judge could have ruled in Lante's favor. He could have put the child in foster care right then and their.

Even today she defied what the court order said and went to see the baby. She put Spinelli in a very bad position. She showed that she only cared what she wanted. She did not care that if she was caught the baby would be taken away from Spinelli and the baby would go into foster care and she would be in jail. SELFISH! Yeah it's hard to separated from your child. But suck it up, it's a small price to pay and it's not forever if she just can wait it out. Connie is not gonna be unable to bond with her later, she does not even know Maxie now, so when she comes back, Connie will be able to bond with her. And it's unlikely she will be walking at nine months which is how old she will be in six months. Spin is smart and if he thinks of it he could tape the baby doing things to show Maxie along the way.

And for those who say Maxie should appeal. Well, IRL because this is family court involving a child and it was a custody thing, she can't appeal. That is not how it works. In family court when your child is removed from your care or is prevented from seeing you, it's because you need to prove you are responsible and can make good decisions for a child. Maxie as sad as it is, needs to prove herself, and she brought this on herself. She can't expect to constantly be doing things she deems well intentioned and then have them go bad and have no consequences. It's about time she really grow up and just suffer the consequences of what she did. Only she could have prevented all of this.

Well, Ellie could have spoken up before, but that is nither here or there.

CG amazing post and I agree with most of it. What I don't agree with is the bad parenting part. That was a complete re-write by past writers to make Maxie act up. Felicia was always a good parent until they decided to make her a neglectful one for storyline purposes. Maxie had a good mom for 15 years of her life so she was shown to have values and family life, especially once Mac came into the picture. I don't accept the excuse "she is who she is because of her parents" since she had a good life but CHOSE to go on a bad path on her own because she felt she wasn't as good as others. She didn't have many issues, aside from typical teenage issues and acting out, until Kyle put their sexual endeavours on the internet, then they cast Kirsten Storms and made Maxie a complete mess, which she wasn't as much of when Robyn Richards played her only months previous.

#32   2013/11/28 01:36PM
    genhospchat

Quote ransomha: Frisco needs to call in a favor or two and get supervised visitations for Maxie and her daughter.

Bad for the child to be away from her mother.

The bonding would continue and Maxie would learn her lesson . WIN-WIN

Rulings are changed EVERYDAY, not a big deal.
    Have a doctor come in and say the baby isn't thriving and needs her natural mother.

Unfortunately Family Law doesn't work that way. You don't call in a favour from a spy to get visitation with your child and the baby IS fine without Maxie right now. If they thought the baby wasn't doing good with Spin, she would go to another family member or foster care before Maxie.There is nothing bad about a child being away from Maxie because the baby doesn't know Maxie at this moment and as we can see, the baby is thriving very well.

This is not like a criminal case where you get a new court date, you have steps to take to get to where you need to be as a parent, they don't just say "oh you're better because you spent a few minutes with a baby."

Maxie needs to be shown she can't have what she wants just because she wants it and THAT is the only thing that will teach Maxie a lesson. She proved yesterday she hasn't learned a thing by going to Spin's and not caring about possibly losing her daughter forever because SHE wanted to see her right there, right then. The. Judge saw that in her and this is the best thing to happen to Maxie because she will be mature enough to be a good mom later on.

No such thing as "rules change everyday, no big deal." Actions have consequences and some people need to learn that.

#33   2013/11/28 04:01PM
    ransomha

Quote genhospchat:
    Quote ransomha: Frisco needs to call in a favor or two and get supervised visitations for Maxie and her daughter.

Have a doctor come in and say the baby isn't thriving and needs her natural mother.

Unfortunately Family Law doesn't work that way. You don't call in a favour from a spy to get visitation with your child and the baby IS fine without Maxie right now. If they thought the baby wasn't doing good with Spin, she would go to another family member or foster care before Maxie.There is nothing bad about a child being away from Maxie because the baby doesn't know Maxie at this moment and as we can see, the baby is thriving very well.

This is not like a criminal case where you get a new court date, you have steps to take to get to where you need to be as a parent, they don't just say "oh you're better because you spent a few minutes with a baby."

Maxie needs to be shown she can't have what she wants just because she wants it and THAT is the only thing that will teach Maxie a lesson. She proved yesterday she hasn't learned a thing by going to Spin's and not caring about possibly losing her daughter forever because SHE wanted to see her right there, right then. The. Judge saw that in her and this is the best thing to happen to Maxie because she will be mature enough to be a good mom later on.

No such thing as "rules change everyday, no big deal." Actions have consequences and some people need to learn that.

I disagree.

The DA is on the take in PC and he could easily overturn the judge,
    Kristina didn't get into YALE and Sonny "fixed" that, no problem.

Maxie didn't KILL anyone.

People serving time for rape and murder are allowed visitation with their children. This would NEVER happen.

Maxie apologized, she has no history of child abuse and the courts bend over backwards to keeps families together.

Connie would go to Mac and felicia before foster care. She has grandparents anyway.

This judgement would never happen if Kristin Storms wasn't leaving on maternity leave.

While you might think the baby is fine, IMO there is NOTHING like a mother's love. And I mean NOTHING.

#34   2013/11/28 04:48PM
    givemesoaps

Ransomha, i have to agree with you 100% murders and rapists get visitation with their children most of the time. What have Maxie done that justify her not getting to see or be around her daughter for six months? I just dont get it. I do think a babies knows their mothers from anyone else and need that connection in their early months of life.

#35   2013/11/28 05:20PM
    ransomha

Quote givemesoaps: Ransomha, i have to agree with you 100% murders and rapists get visitation with their children most of the time. What have Maxie done that justify her not getting to see or be around her daughter for six months? I just dont get it. I do think a babies knows their mothers from anyone else and need that connection in their early months of life.

I could see Maxie be banned from ever being a surrogate again but, taken away from her own flesh and blood? WHY?

Maxie should be with her child. To say courts NEVER change a ruling is ridicules . First off this is a soap and much stranger things have happen, like so few paying for their crimes, but it also happens IRL.
    A ruling is NOT set in stone. I'd bet the law books are full of overturned cases.

Even abused children are returned to their parents and Maxie NEVER hurt her child. She wronged Dante and Lulu but, not Connie.

#36   2013/11/28 09:35PM
    genhospchat

Quote ransomha:
    Quote genhospchat:

I disagree.

People serving time for rape and murder are allowed visitation with their children. This would NEVER happen.

Maxie apologized, she has no history of child abuse and the courts bend over backwards to keeps families together.

Connie would go to Mac and felicia before foster care. She has grandparents anyway.

This judgement would never happen if Kristin Storms wasn't leaving on maternity leave.

While you might think the baby is fine, IMO there is NOTHING like a mother's love. And I mean NOTHING.

If you can't see the point of the reasoning for it, even after at least three people have pointed it out, ok.

Oh and I do believe, if you read my post, I Sid that she would go to another family member but I know you see what you want

#37   2013/11/29 04:12AM
    ransomha

Quote genhospchat:
    Quote ransomha:
    Quote genhospchat:

I disagree.

If you can't see the point of the reasoning for it, even after at least three people have pointed it out, ok.

Oh and I do believe, if you read my post, I Sid that she would go to another family member but I know you see what you want

If you can't see the reasoning of the poster "givemesoaps" then "OK"

Because you and another have a different view, that should make me be wrong too?
    You aren't changing when me and givemesoaps say you are incorrect. What is the difference?

Do murders in prison get to visit with their children?
    But, because Maxie mislead Dante and Lulu she can't bond with her daughter?

You think anyone can be a stand in for a mother, others disagree.

#38   2013/11/29 03:18PM
    ransomha

It seems odd that a family court judge would break up a family then try to keep it together.

To oder parenting classes for Maxie and supervised visitation would have made so much more sense then splitting up a new family.

Family court usually bends over backwards to keep a family together. A baby with it's parents.

This judge wanted to punish this family not help them. He didn't even order therapy or classes/counseling for Maxie. Whats she suppose to be doing to become this better person in 6 months?

Mistrial, the judge made a mistake!

« 1 2 3 4 page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list