List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: Maxie

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Maxie

Started by ransomha at 2013/11/26 01:32PM
    Latest post: 2013/11/29 03:18PM, Views: 2672, Replies: 37
    « 1 2 3 4 » »| page:
    #21   2013/11/27 01:10PM
    Re: Maxie
    butterflycake

:-) Scrimmage I love your post...say it again. Im not good with words, but you said it perfectly and with the right words. Its not about Ellie, LuLu, its about Maxie doing what is right for her child.

#22   2013/11/27 01:48PM
    ransomha

Maxie should be with her daughter even if it's supervised. Anything else is a miscarriage of justice. APPEAL.

#23   2013/11/27 01:55PM
    stephanie215

Quote ransomha: Maxie should be with her daughter even if it's supervised. Anything else is a miscarriage of justice. APPEAL.

Agreed, this is just so stupid. Not allowing a mother even supervised visitation is uncalled for. She might have done somethings in her past that were wrong, but nothing as wrong as to lose your child. Why isn't Diane appealing this.

#24   2013/11/27 04:30PM
    olga vqz.

Speaking of Maxie I know she misses her baby, but she needs to do what the judge ordered. Or risk loosing all rights.

#25   2013/11/27 09:35PM
    genhospchat

Quote Scrimmage: I have a question for those who identify with Maxie and have said that if they were in her place, NOTHING would keep them from their baby, no matter the consequences for doing so.

Seriously?

If the threat of spending a few weeks or even months in lockup where you definitely wouldn't be able to see her wouldn't be enough of a deterrent, what about the very real possibility that that the judge could make the order PERMANENT, which would prevent you from being around your daughter for the rest of her life instead of a mere six months? I understand the emotional bond between a mother and child and all that stuff, but what's called for in this case, and what the judge is obviously looking for, is discipline, maturity, and at least some indication that Maxie has learned the value of respecting and abiding by the rules of society which says, among other things, that you don't try to give away your children, and you don't ignore the laws of the land, or the orders of the court just because you disagree with them.

By blatantly violating the restrictions placed upon her after even less than one day, Maxie has not only jeopardized Spinelli's chances to retain custody of their daughter, but has also proven herself incapable of controlling her impulses, and unworthy of the trust that the court, in it's wisdom, has denied her. In fact, her actions are the very definition of contempt of court. For that matter, she has shown absolutely no respect for ANY authority, legal or moral. Her pattern of behavior throughout this entire debacle has been to ignore the intrinsic value of doing the “right thing” for its own sake, and to instead do whatever she wanted to do, based on whether or not she thought she could get away with it.

Maxie's priorities are all screwed up. During the hearing, Maxie was more worried about the clothes she was wearing and the image she projected rather than convincing the judge that she had learned the error of her ways. Now, she's more concerned about missing the opportunity to dress her daughter up in cute outfits to show her off in public than she is about becoming a better person so that in six months she can show the court that she can be a good role model for Spixie. Apparently, Maxie doesn't want a child to raise that would require her to develop a functioning moral compass, she wants a doll to play dress up with, as if her daughter was the ultimate fashion accessory.

In spite of the fact that she caused this whole mess, Maxie only regrets that things didn't work out in her favor, and she truly believes the ruling against her was unfair. Until she can accept that it was NOT unfair, or even unreasonable, and can convincingly demonstrate to the court that she wouldn't pass on her own amoral point of view that “the end justifies the means, just as long as you don't get caught,” to her daughter, then Maxie shouldn't be allowed anywhere NEAR Spixie, or any OTHER child for that matter.

*applause, applause*

You said exactly what I was thinking. Maxie doesn't care what anyone else says or consequences to anyone else, even her own child who could have been taken from BOTH of them permanently, she wants what she wants and doesn't care how she gets it. The whole time I was saying to the TV "didn't you learn ANYTHING from this case? From Robin's 'death'?" I really hope they mature this character more because her "me me" ways are OLD!

Now would it hurt to be away from her? Absolutely! Is that a reason to go see her? NOPE! Unless Maxie wants to appeal, as Rans said, right now she has to do what she is told to do by a court of law. Whether WE think it is fair or not, it is what it is. Now if it was me would I be able to stay away, I don't know but Maxie needs to LEARN that not EVERYTHING is about what SHE wants. She wants to be a mom, that means doing the right thing, setting examples for her daughter and making herself a better person to be a good mom (which is what the judge wants her to do).

As far as Ellie or Lulu, this isn't about them. Ellie is helping out and Lulu right now isn't anywhere near the baby. Now if Lulu were to try to see the baby, that is understandable as that was her daughter for months and it would be hard to stay away (Lulu doesn't have a court order to stay away). If Lulu were to say something to Maxie about Maxie not having her daughter, I think she is justified in saying so out of a broken heart.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/11/27 09:41PM
    #26   2013/11/28 12:04AM
    cardgirl

First, Maxie is my absolute favorite character on GH. I have loved watching her grow up. I understand why she does what she does. I understand that down deep, Maxie acts mostly based on her own lack of self worth. Maxie does not understand boundaries like most people do. I think she acts out because of always feeling like she was abandoned by her parents. I know Mac gave her a good life, but that is not the same as being with your real parents. Children, no matter what age, they know when they are not their parent's priority. And those feeling elicit a lot of negative behaviors.

All of this, has caused Maxie to be very selfish and impulsive. It's hard for her to see things from other's perspective. That would require a level of connecting to another person, that Maxie is not capable of. She has however, over the years shown some growth and has become somewhat less self absorbed. But she still makes really bad decisions. And a lot of those times her heart has been in the right place and she has meant well. But still her inability to think about the consequences of her action has gotten her in trouble.

Deciding to lie about the true parentage of the baby is one of her worst laid plans. She was trying to be unselfish, she meant well. She just didn't stop to think about the fact that having to carry a child she knew was hers was going to make it hard for her to not bond with the child.

She only wanted the baby though after she was found out. If Brad had never told on her, Connie would have been raised with Lante. She only decided that she wanted her after being convinced that raising her own baby was the right thing to do by Felicia and Mac.

Does this mean she does not love her child? No. Does this make her a bad mom...well we don't know yet because she has not parented yet. And the fact that she is not parenting her own child right now is her own fault. She for once needs to suffer the consequences of her well intentioned bad decisions. What she did, DID cause great harm, to Lante, to Spinelli, who was lied to for months. She did not deserve to be called a murdered though and Lulu is not a better person or parent then she is. However, she does need to prove that she can change and that she can parent and make good decisions. Maxie can't just do what she wants all her life. Especially now that she is a mom. She will need to make decisions that are best for her child for a long time to come, she will have to make sacrifices for her child. You can't be selfish and be a parent. I think she can change, and I think she can be a good mother. But she needs to live with these consequences. The judge could have ruled in Lante's favor. He could have put the child in foster care right then and their.

Even today she defied what the court order said and went to see the baby. She put Spinelli in a very bad position. She showed that she only cared what she wanted. She did not care that if she was caught the baby would be taken away from Spinelli and the baby would go into foster care and she would be in jail. SELFISH! Yeah it's hard to separated from your child. But suck it up, it's a small price to pay and it's not forever if she just can wait it out. Connie is not gonna be unable to bond with her later, she does not even know Maxie now, so when she comes back, Connie will be able to bond with her. And it's unlikely she will be walking at nine months which is how old she will be in six months. Spin is smart and if he thinks of it he could tape the baby doing things to show Maxie along the way.

And for those who say Maxie should appeal. Well, IRL because this is family court involving a child and it was a custody thing, she can't appeal. That is not how it works. In family court when your child is removed from your care or is prevented from seeing you, it's because you need to prove you are responsible and can make good decisions for a child. Maxie as sad as it is, needs to prove herself, and she brought this on herself. She can't expect to constantly be doing things she deems well intentioned and then have them go bad and have no consequences. It's about time she really grow up and just suffer the consequences of what she did. Only she could have prevented all of this.

Well, Ellie could have spoken up before, but that is nither here or there.

#27   2013/11/28 05:11AM
    ransomha

Frisco needs to call in a favor or two and get supervised visitations for Maxie and her daughter.

Bad for the child to be away from her mother.

The bonding would continue and Maxie would learn her lesson . WIN-WIN

Rulings are changed EVERYDAY, not a big deal.
    Have a doctor come in and say the baby isn't thriving and needs her natural mother.

#28   2013/11/28 10:59AM
    cardgirl

Quote ransomha: Frisco needs to call in a favor or two and get supervised visitations for Maxie and her daughter.

Bad for the child to be away from her mother.

The bonding would continue and Maxie would learn her lesson . WIN-WIN

Rulings are changed EVERYDAY, not a big deal.
    Have a doctor come in and say the baby isn't thriving and needs her natural mother.

Having Frisco who has spent his children's whole lives choosing his career, his need for adventure over his children's need for their father, would not be the best person to ask to call in a favor. Felicia would be no better. I know they now realize they were wrong. But Maxie is all grown up now and she has suffered for the lack of having her real parents around for her. She was old enough to know they were choosing something else over her. Just like kids whose parent use drugs and wont get help know they do not come first.

And yes possibly because of what Maxie had to endure, she will be a much better mother to her child. And perhaps in part, because she knows what it feels like to be abandoned, Maxie does not want Connie to feel that.

However, this does not change the fact that Maxie for once needs to feel the impact of what she did. She did cause great harm to somebody else. No it was not the child directly, but still, she was willing to give her own child away...and yes at the heart of it, she was trying to do a good thing. It still does not excuse her.

All her life almost Maxie has had a choice about her behavior...she knows right from wrong and still she chooses wrong. I understand it was not because she didn't really want her baby that made her choose to let Lante think they were the parents. I know she was trying to be unselfish. But at some point, this was gonna come out. Maxie's problem is she makes decisions and never stops to think about the real consequences of her actions. Was Lulu needlessly cruel to her? Yep. But Lulu DID spend months and months anticipating being a mother. And having that ripped from you when you are not the one who decided to do something fundamentally wrong, is heart wrenching. Lulu was right, Connie is not a shoe Maxie can just suddenly decide she does not want anymore. We are talking about a baby.

Right now Lante are suffering because of her decisions. She robbed Spinelli of the joy of knowing he was going to be a father and of having the opportunity to anticipate that child and share in the preparations and the joy of watching the baby develop. Maxie did a very bad thing.

Yes court orders change all the time. And in six month the judge is very likely to allow Maxie to have joint custody with Spinelli. I doubt if Maxie was given even supervised visitation she would really get what she did. She already, after just a few days violated the court order. Because of what SHE wanted. She was willing to risk Connie losing BOTH of her parents permanently AND going to jail, because of what MAXIE needed not the baby.

Connie is a little baby, she does not now know if people care for her or not, rather she does not know the emotional impact of not having a parent take care of her. Her needs are very basic, almost primal right now. She needs food water and to be nurtured. Spinelli is giving her those things right how. And in six months Maxie will be doing the same thing. And that baby will be no worse for the wear.

If she was older, yes, keeping her from somebody she is already bonded with, would harm her. But she isn't bonded to Maxie yet. She is not old enough yet to have that kind of emotional development. The kind that lets a child know they are not with their biological parents. They bond to whoever feeds them, holds them, changes them.

She will not fail to thrive because Maxie is not allowed contact. Baby's that young fail to thrive when they are not being fed, or held or comforted when they are in distress. Spinelli is giving her all she needs right now. And after six months, when Maxie is able to be in her life again that baby is gonna bond with Maxie without any lasting effects.

Maxie needs to fully understand what she did. Just letting her be with her baby because she is the biological parent would teach Maxie nothing. Part of parenting is always doing what is best for your baby. Allowing your child to be raised by somebody else because you don't want to be thought of as a screw up, or because you do not want disappoint somebody else, is not best for the baby.

Maxie was doing what was best for Maxie...even though she thought she was doing the right thing she knew down deep she was not, and still chose to do it. She can be as sorry as she wants, but this time she does need to prove that she can change and truly put somebody else's needs before her own. Bringing the baby gifts and "stuff" is not love. It does not prove love. Actions prove love, sacrifice for the right reasons prove love. Anybody who is not capable of doing that for even a short time should not be allowed to parent ever.

I do think Maxie can do the right thing and learn from this, she just has to start by putting the baby first. Accept the consequences without whining about how unfair it is that SHE can't be with her baby. So far, she is not doing that. It's her own fault that this is even happening at all.

#29   2013/11/28 01:09PM
    Flying Hawk

Quote stephanie215:
    Quote ransomha: Maxie should be with her daughter even if it's supervised. Anything else is a miscarriage of justice. APPEAL.

Agreed, this is just so stupid. Not allowing a mother even supervised visitation is uncalled for. She might have done somethings in her past that were wrong, but nothing as wrong as to lose your child. Why isn't Diane appealing this.

I agree with you too. Maxie should at least have supervised visitation.
    What I didn't understand why is Maxie the villain? She tried to keep her promise to Lulu and Dante. Why doesn't she get credit for that? IMO Maxie risked her life to carry this child in the first place. Remember she had a heart transplant and Mac tried to talk her out of it. I don't think Maxie realized how difficult it would be to give up her child. I am pro choice but let's face it,
    Lulu would be able to carry her own child if she hadn't had a botched abortion.

#30   2013/11/28 01:12PM
    ChargerGirl

Life is not fair. If it were, LuLu could carry her own baby, Robin would not have been kidnapped and Maxie would not be under court order to stay away from her child for six months. That said, Maxie needs to pull all the strength she has, put on her big girl panties and obey the court order or risk losing her child forever. It's an awful ordeal for everyone involved but that's life, and Maxie needs to walk the walk. It will seem like forever but it will fly by and she will be reunited with her daughter for the rest of their lives. I feel sorry for Maxie but she needs to adhere to the judges ruling for EVERYONE involved. She is putting not only her parental rights at risk but Spinelli's also.

« 1 2 3 4 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list