List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: The Jerome's are on their A game

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

The Jerome's are on their A game

Started by CHATTERBOX22 at 2013/11/22 04:35PM
    Latest post: 2014/04/04 06:54PM, Views: 3557, Replies: 83
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 » »| page:
    #21   2013/11/24 07:41PM
    Re: The Jerome's are on their A game
    genhospchat

Quote DeviantAuthor:
    Quote ghfanfare: I think the Jeromes are most interesting and entertaining bad guys. Glad that Sonny has some competition, though he is getting a bit old for all the mobstering. Hope they continue to push his buttons while bringing down his empire.

Nice user pic.

I much prefer Julian over Sonny. Julian is absolutely brutal in some ways and from an intellectual perspective, I find him fascinating, whereas I find Sonny whiny and immature.

Julian comes across as someone who wouldn't just "give" an order, but is willing to do whatever he wants done himself, as opposed to Sonny being a control freak bully who will stand around saying "Go hit so and so or go beat up such and such." Yes, I get that they have to keep their hands "legally" clean, however Julian still seems like so much more the go get it done himself. Or perhaps I should put it this way instead. Julian seems willing to lead by example and doesn't ask anyone to do anything he's not willing to do by himself, but Sonny seems more of a do as he says, not as he does kind of person because he gives orders.

Personally, I'm hoping that somehow, A.J. gets out of the charges for killing Connie because that would mean that situation is a complete thorn in Sonny's side, whether or not the actor who is A.J. stays on the series for now or not.

The situation with Julian somewhat using Danny as a shield against Sonny's (empty, to me) threats reminds me of a series on SciFi, called Defiance.

Stahma Tarr was speaking about her husband to another character. "I love Datak because of his cruelty. It’s proof of his strength…his willingness to do whatever it takes to achieve his goals. We’re a team. I treasure that."

While Julian doesn't have another half to be the other part of his team, and I sure as hell wouldn't count Ava in such a manner, the cruelty part, willingness to do what it takes to achieve his goals, I very much see that as a brutal streak in Julian. I do not see it in Sonny.

I'll explain a little further.

Julian using Danny in such a manner, at least for now, guarantees that he's safe. Him being safe means he is around to protect family and if he's willing to use Danny in such a manner, then he's willing to do whatever it takes to protect family.

Sonny fails epically at that and so much so that I can't even make a list of every way that he's failed.

Not slamming anyone's acting at all, just tossing out what's been floating around in my head.

Amazing post! He Sonny just yells and acts like a child, whereas Julian is a go getter and gets things done, therefore, to me, makes him more enjoyable. Sonny is nothing without Jason. Jason was the reason out people tolerated Sonny and now with him gone, most of those that rallied around him have gone on to other aspects of their own lives and don't make Sonny their focus anymore.

It has been said here incessantly that because Sonny has people who enjoy being around him, that makes him the man. Hmm, as of now, we have Julian with a sister, a daughter and a grandson who, I suspect, will eventually become very close, as well Alexis. Soooo, going by Sonny having people who love him as pretty well an only defence of him, well once Julian does, well they're even and Sonny will STILL be a whiny control freak douche and Julian will STILL be the man

#22   2013/11/25 04:42AM
    ransomha

Quote genhospchat:
    Quote DeviantAuthor:
    Quote ghfanfare: I think the Jeromes are most interesting and entertaining bad guys. Glad that Sonny has some competition, though he is getting a bit old for all the mobstering. Hope they continue to push his buttons while bringing down his empire.

Nice user pic.

I much prefer Julian over Sonny. Julian is absolutely brutal in some ways and from an intellectual perspective, I find him fascinating, whereas I find Sonny whiny and immature.

Julian comes across as someone who wouldn't just "give" an order, but is willing to do whatever he wants done himself, as opposed to Sonny being a control freak bully who will stand around saying "Go hit so and so or go beat up such and such." Yes, I get that they have to keep their hands "legally" clean, however Julian still seems like so much more the go get it done himself. Or perhaps I should put it this way instead. Julian seems willing to lead by example and doesn't ask anyone to do anything he's not willing to do by himself, but Sonny seems more of a do as he says, not as he does kind of person because he gives orders.

Personally, I'm hoping that somehow, A.J. gets out of the charges for killing Connie because that would mean that situation is a complete thorn in Sonny's side, whether or not the actor who is A.J. stays on the series for now or not.

The situation with Julian somewhat using Danny as a shield against Sonny's (empty, to me) threats reminds me of a series on SciFi, called Defiance.

Stahma Tarr was speaking about her husband to another character. "I love Datak because of his cruelty. It’s proof of his strength…his willingness to do whatever it takes to achieve his goals. We’re a team. I treasure that."

While Julian doesn't have another half to be the other part of his team, and I sure as hell wouldn't count Ava in such a manner, the cruelty part, willingness to do what it takes to achieve his goals, I very much see that as a brutal streak in Julian. I do not see it in Sonny.

Julian using Danny in such a manner, at least for now, guarantees that he's safe. Him being safe means he is around to protect family and if he's willing to use Danny in such a manner, then he's willing to do whatever it takes to protect family.

Sonny fails epically at that and so much so that I can't even make a list of every way that he's failed.

Not slamming anyone's acting at all, just tossing out what's been floating around in my head.

Amazing post! He Sonny just yells and acts like a child, whereas Julian is a go getter and gets things done, therefore, to me, makes him more enjoyable. Sonny is nothing without Jason. Jason was the reason out people tolerated Sonny and now with him gone, most of those that rallied around him have gone on to other aspects of their own lives and don't make Sonny their focus anymore.

It has been said here incessantly that because Sonny has people who enjoy being around him, that makes him the man. Hmm, as of now, we have Julian with a sister, a daughter and a grandson who, I suspect, will eventually become very close, as well Alexis. Soooo, going by Sonny having people who love him as pretty well an only defence of him, well once Julian does, well they're even and Sonny will STILL be a whiny control freak douche and Julian will STILL be the man

Who has deserted Sonny?

Milo, Think Sonny will live.
    Morgan, he'll be begging to come back.

Other then that, Sonny has all his usual gang with Olivia a strong, smart woman getting closer. Michael and Kiki are there for him. SHAWN as a right hand man, Alexis is still on Sonny's side. Sam OWES Sonny for not killing Jul's so he can horde his marrow, hold it hostage to his baby grandson, he has Max, EVERYONE he's always had.

Ava would stab Julian in the back in a minute if it benefited her. Jul's has already threatened her a couple times and he killed their other sister. Ava will be charged with murder soon anyway.

Karpov, The Balkin . and Johnny and Anthony have all tried to take out Sonny. We could have a "Where are they now ?" show about the people that have TRIED to take down Sonny.

#23   2013/11/25 06:36AM
    ransomha

Perhaps the "A" is for ANNA. someone besides Sonny waiting to make a move.

#24   2013/11/25 08:42PM
    CHATTERBOX22

Quote ransomha:
    Quote DeviantAuthor:

Nice user pic.

Julian isn't protecting Danny, Danny is protecting Julian.
    You say "Julian using Danny', that is so wrong! Danny is a year old cancer survivor and his grandfather USES him? Yikes, that's L O W !

I think cruelty comes from FEAR not strength .

When AJ's cleared, Ava will be arrested and put away for murder.
    Either way works for Sonny.

Actually it is a catch 22, as bad as the labs get mess up in GH, they could easily lose the marrow on file, where as if Julian is alive and safe he can give Danny bone marrow whenever they need plus he could look out for his family.

#25   2013/11/25 08:52PM
    genhospchat

Quote CHATTERBOX22:
    Quote ransomha:
    Quote DeviantAuthor:

Nice user pic.

You say "Julian using Danny', that is so wrong! Danny is a year old cancer survivor and his grandfather USES him? Yikes, that's L O W !

Actually it is a catch 22, as bad as the labs get mess up in GH, they could easily lose the marrow on file, where as if Julian is alive and safe he can give Danny bone marrow whenever they need plus he could look out for his family.

We all know Julian's not going to die and if Ava does, well Julian will still go on being the man!

#26   2013/11/25 10:40PM
    cardgirl

While I agree it was kind of scummy for Julian to use Danny as a pawn in his mob game with Sonny, I have to say it was also a brilliant move strategy-wise. He bested Sonny by revealing who he was BEFORE Sonny could get the jump on him. He outed Sonny with the old DA and will use the new one to his advantage. And well, Sonny showed his hand waaay to soon when he called that meeting with Derrick to say Julian must be alive because that is who he was told burned down his warehouse. Hmmmm that was stupid on his part.

He allowed himself to be manipulated by Olivia into not taking his medication which caused him to betray his son...the ONE GREAT SIN Sonny NEVER tolerates EVER. Thus causing said son to abdicate to the other side. Perhaps Morgan is right, Sonny did not love him...well not enough to choose his children over his want for power.

And don't think for one minute if the tables were turned Sonny wouldn't have done the same thing in regards to Danny.
    If by some miracle Sonny had turned out to be a match....did he even bother to get tested just in case?...for Danny he would have so played the you can't kill the only match for Danny. Sonny shot his own son point blank. I won't bother to list the things that Sonny has done that are or were low...or worse than low..it would take for freaking ever.

I don't think Sonny loves his children any less or more than Julian loves his children/grandchildren. Sonny has lost that mobster with a heart badge he had. I think given time, Julian will prove to have a good heart to, in spite of some very obvious flaws.

As for who Sonny has around him...twit number one and twit number two..puulease, Michael and Kiki have been so dumbed down...and again the only child who is by Sonny is the one he stole. None NOT one of his biological children are near him or have a close relationship with him.

Shawn, well he is a disgrace to all military men and woman. It's one thing to kill for the safety of your country but to kill just to kill, it's sickening. Guess some people will do ANYTHING for money. And Alexis she is Sonny's lawyer and the worlds biggest hypocrite. She has to be near him. Give it time she will turn...C'mon Julian is HOT. And well, Olivia I think is with him because she has lost all self respect she ever had for herself and I think maybe that LSD Heather gave her is having an effect on her.

Yeah if you add it all up Julian has brains AND braun and is so cute. And he is way smarter than Sonny and he is not a hothead which is Sonny's downfall. A lot of people have not been able to get to Sonny....because they had to go through Jason. But there is always a first time for everything. I think Julian is just the guy to get to Sonny. He will expose every weakness Sonny has before Sonny can blink. Julian will always bring his A game.

#27   2013/11/25 11:41PM
    genhospchat

Quote cardgirl: While I agree it was kind of scummy for Julian to use Danny as a pawn in his mob game with Sonny, I have to say it was also a brilliant move strategy-wise. He bested Sonny by revealing who he was BEFORE Sonny could get the jump on him. He outed Sonny with the old DA and will use the new one to his advantage. And well, Sonny showed his hand waaay to soon when he called that meeting with Derrick to say Julian must be alive because that is who he was told burned down his warehouse. Hmmmm that was stupid on his part.

He allowed himself to be manipulated by Olivia into not taking his medication which caused him to betray his son...the ONE GREAT SIN Sonny NEVER tolerates EVER. Thus causing said son to abdicate to the other side. Perhaps Morgan is right, Sonny did not love him...well not enough to choose his children over his want for power.

And don't think for one minute if the tables were turned Sonny wouldn't have done the same thing in regards to Danny.
    If by some miracle Sonny had turned out to be a match....did he even bother to get tested just in case?...for Danny he would have so played the you can't kill the only match for Danny. Sonny shot his own son point blank. I won't bother to list the things that Sonny has done that are or were low...or worse than low..it would take for freaking ever.

I don't think Sonny loves his children any less or more than Julian loves his children/grandchildren. Sonny has lost that mobster with a heart badge he had. I think given time, Julian will prove to have a good heart to, in spite of some very obvious flaws.

As for who Sonny has around him...twit number one and twit number two..puulease, Michael and Kiki have been so dumbed down...and again the only child who is by Sonny is the one he stole. None NOT one of his biological children are near him or have a close relationship with him.

Shawn, well he is a disgrace to all military men and woman. It's one thing to kill for the safety of your country but to kill just to kill, it's sickening. Guess some people will do ANYTHING for money. And Alexis she is Sonny's lawyer and the worlds biggest hypocrite. She has to be near him. Give it time she will turn...C'mon Julian is HOT. And well, Olivia I think is with him because she has lost all self respect she ever had for herself and I think maybe that LSD Heather gave her is having an effect on her.

Yeah if you add it all up Julian has brains AND braun and is so cute. And he is way smarter than Sonny and he is not a hothead which is Sonny's downfall. A lot of people have not been able to get to Sonny....because they had to go through Jason. But there is always a first time for everything. I think Julian is just the guy to get to Sonny. He will expose every weakness Sonny has before Sonny can blink. Julian will always bring his A game.

CG, you rock! You said it all!

I actually like that Morgan is on the other side, to me iris karma for what Sonny did to Jason. He now knows what Alan and Monica when he trained Jason to be a killer. I hope Morgan doesn't do a 360 and decide Sonny is the man because it is refreshing to see Sonny NOT be on top and to see without Jason, he really IS weak and can't do things himself.....as Julian does!

#28   2013/11/26 12:36AM
    cardgirl

Quote genhospchat:
    Quote cardgirl: While I agree it was kind of scummy for Julian to use Danny as a pawn in his mob game with Sonny, I have to say it was also a brilliant move strategy-wise. He bested Sonny by revealing who he was BEFORE Sonny could get the jump on him. He outed Sonny with the old DA and will use the new one to his advantage. And well, Sonny showed his hand waaay to soon when he called that meeting with Derrick to say Julian must be alive because that is who he was told burned down his warehouse. Hmmmm that was stupid on his part.

CG, you rock! You said it all!

I actually like that Morgan is on the other side, to me iris karma for what Sonny did to Jason. He now knows what Alan and Monica when he trained Jason to be a killer. I hope Morgan doesn't do a 360 and decide Sonny is the man because it is refreshing to see Sonny NOT be on top and to see without Jason, he really IS weak and can't do things himself.....as Julian does!

Yay it's Gen!!!!!!! I never thought about Morgan in those terms...being just like Jason was for Alan and Monica. Interesting point. Now Sonny will know how it feels to have his son's weaknesses taken advantage of and turned against him, the way he took advantage of Jason. Man that Karma IS a b&tch and you have to love it when it hits Sonny where he lives. Those Jerome's are pure genius.

#29   2013/11/26 04:09AM
    ransomha

Quote CHATTERBOX22:
    Quote ransomha:
    Quote DeviantAuthor:

Nice user pic.

IF Julian is alive.

He takes a chance with Danny's life. he could have a heart attack, get hit by a stray bullet, a bus, get stricken with an illness. Everyday things that effect people add to the fact that he's a mob boss.
    That's how much he cares about his family.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/11/26 04:12AM
    #30   2013/11/26 04:10AM
    ransomha

Quote genhospchat:
    Quote CHATTERBOX22:
    Quote ransomha:
    Quote DeviantAuthor:

Nice user pic.

We all know Julian's not going to die and if Ava does, well Julian will still go on being the man!

Karpov and Anthony died...why not Julian?

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list