List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: The Jerome's are on their A game

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

The Jerome's are on their A game

Started by CHATTERBOX22 at 2013/11/22 04:35PM
    Latest post: 2014/04/04 06:54PM, Views: 3395, Replies: 83
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 » »| page:
    #11   2013/11/23 07:00AM
    Re: The Jerome's are on their A game
    Mrs. Lansing

Quote ransomha:
    Quote Mrs. Lansing:
    Quote ransomha:
    Quote Mrs. Lansing:
    Quote CHATTERBOX22: The Jerome's are on their A game, Sonny better step up or move away before they take him out. The have already recruited his son. Ava is always steps ahead, first the sniper, then Connie. Julian also is always a step a of Sonny. Even Carlos did his homework on all of Sonny's organization which is why he knew who Shawn was. "Mr. Butler".

ITA! What I also like about Julian and Ava is they are not as one dimensional as Sonny. You see it in the way Julian is different with others, Ava's relationship with Julian, Morgan, and her vulnerability with Silas.
    All Sonny has is his anger, his smarmy smile, his grammar school vocabulary, and illiterate articulation.

You must have missed a show this week. Think it was Thursday when baby Connie was all over Sonny, putting her little hands in his mouth, touching his face. Sonny was warm and so loving. It was a heartbreaking scene knowing they were about to give her up.

For me, julian is cold to the point of risking his grandson's life to save his own.
    As far as Ava, she always has an agenda. NOTHING she says or does matters unless it benefits her.

While Julian laughs about his father's death, and is responsible for his own sister's death, Sonny took care of a addicted father and welcomed and loved his sister.

That's the difference between these two men.

If Sonny was so bad at his articulation, I doubt he would have lasted 20 something years as the STAR of the show.

No thanks!

No thanks to what?

No thanks.

#12   2013/11/23 07:03AM
    ransomha

Quote Mrs. Lansing:
    Quote ransomha:
    Quote Mrs. Lansing:
    Quote ransomha:
    Quote Mrs. Lansing:
    Quote CHATTERBOX22: The Jerome's are on their A game, Sonny better step up or move away before they take him out. The have already recruited his son. Ava is always steps ahead, first the sniper, then Connie. Julian also is always a step a of Sonny. Even Carlos did his homework on all of Sonny's organization which is why he knew who Shawn was. "Mr. Butler".

ITA! What I also like about Julian and Ava is they are not as one dimensional as Sonny. You see it in the way Julian is different with others, Ava's relationship with Julian, Morgan, and her vulnerability with Silas.
    All Sonny has is his anger, his smarmy smile, his grammar school vocabulary, and illiterate articulation.

You must have missed a show this week. Think it was Thursday when baby Connie was all over Sonny, putting her little hands in his mouth, touching his face. Sonny was warm and so loving. It was a heartbreaking scene knowing they were about to give her up.

For me, julian is cold to the point of risking his grandson's life to save his own.
    As far as Ava, she always has an agenda. NOTHING she says or does matters unless it benefits her.

While Julian laughs about his father's death, and is responsible for his own sister's death, Sonny took care of a addicted father and welcomed and loved his sister.

That's the difference between these two men.

If Sonny was so bad at his articulation, I doubt he would have lasted 20 something years as the STAR of the show.

No thanks!

No thanks to what?

No thanks.

Well that clears things up!

#13   2013/11/23 09:04AM
    ghfanfare

I think the Jeromes are most interesting and entertaining bad guys. Glad that Sonny has some competition, though he is getting a bit old for all the mobstering. Hope they continue to push his buttons while bringing down his empire.

#14   2013/11/23 10:23AM
    Bizlet

Quote ghfanfare: I think the Jeromes are most interesting and entertaining bad guys. Glad that Sonny has some competition, though he is getting a bit old for all the mobstering. Hope they continue to push his buttons while bringing down his empire.

I like your picture.

#15   2013/11/23 11:04AM
    ghfanfare

Quote Bizlet:
    Quote ghfanfare: I think the Jeromes are most interesting and entertaining bad guys. Glad that Sonny has some competition, though he is getting a bit old for all the mobstering. Hope they continue to push his buttons while bringing down his empire.

I like your picture.

#16   2013/11/24 08:10AM
    ransomha

If this is their "A" game, it's time to try plan "B".

I love Sonny but, he's not always the brightest and even he figured out who Julian really was. If Julian was smart, he should have worked harder to keep his identity secret. The witness protection program won't be pleased after spending money hiding him for 20 years and facial surgery. Plus, every other crime family knows he's alive too. His father had many enemies.

If Lucas is also a match for Danny, Julian won't be able to use Danny as a shield either.

Julian will have Ava, that can not be trusted and Morgan the crybaby.

Think I know what that "A" stands for now......

#17   2013/11/24 01:09PM
    DeviantAuthor

Nice user pic.

I much prefer Julian over Sonny. Julian is absolutely brutal in some ways and from an intellectual perspective, I find him fascinating, whereas I find Sonny whiny and immature.

Julian comes across as someone who wouldn't just "give" an order, but is willing to do whatever he wants done himself, as opposed to Sonny being a control freak bully who will stand around saying "Go hit so and so or go beat up such and such." Yes, I get that they have to keep their hands "legally" clean, however Julian still seems like so much more the go get it done himself. Or perhaps I should put it this way instead. Julian seems willing to lead by example and doesn't ask anyone to do anything he's not willing to do by himself, but Sonny seems more of a do as he says, not as he does kind of person because he gives orders.

Personally, I'm hoping that somehow, A.J. gets out of the charges for killing Connie because that would mean that situation is a complete thorn in Sonny's side, whether or not the actor who is A.J. stays on the series for now or not.

The situation with Julian somewhat using Danny as a shield against Sonny's (empty, to me) threats reminds me of a series on SciFi, called Defiance.

Stahma Tarr was speaking about her husband to another character. "I love Datak because of his cruelty. It’s proof of his strength…his willingness to do whatever it takes to achieve his goals. We’re a team. I treasure that."

While Julian doesn't have another half to be the other part of his team, and I sure as hell wouldn't count Ava in such a manner, the cruelty part, willingness to do what it takes to achieve his goals, I very much see that as a brutal streak in Julian. I do not see it in Sonny.

I'll explain a little further.

Julian using Danny in such a manner, at least for now, guarantees that he's safe. Him being safe means he is around to protect family and if he's willing to use Danny in such a manner, then he's willing to do whatever it takes to protect family.

Sonny fails epically at that and so much so that I can't even make a list of every way that he's failed.

Not slamming anyone's acting at all, just tossing out what's been floating around in my head.

#18   2013/11/24 01:09PM
    DeviantAuthor

Nice user pic.

I much prefer Julian over Sonny. Julian is absolutely brutal in some ways and from an intellectual perspective, I find him fascinating, whereas I find Sonny whiny and immature.

Julian comes across as someone who wouldn't just "give" an order, but is willing to do whatever he wants done himself, as opposed to Sonny being a control freak bully who will stand around saying "Go hit so and so or go beat up such and such." Yes, I get that they have to keep their hands "legally" clean, however Julian still seems like so much more the go get it done himself. Or perhaps I should put it this way instead. Julian seems willing to lead by example and doesn't ask anyone to do anything he's not willing to do by himself, but Sonny seems more of a do as he says, not as he does kind of person because he gives orders.

Personally, I'm hoping that somehow, A.J. gets out of the charges for killing Connie because that would mean that situation is a complete thorn in Sonny's side, whether or not the actor who is A.J. stays on the series for now or not.

The situation with Julian somewhat using Danny as a shield against Sonny's (empty, to me) threats reminds me of a series on SciFi, called Defiance.

Stahma Tarr was speaking about her husband to another character. "I love Datak because of his cruelty. It’s proof of his strength…his willingness to do whatever it takes to achieve his goals. We’re a team. I treasure that."

While Julian doesn't have another half to be the other part of his team, and I sure as hell wouldn't count Ava in such a manner, the cruelty part, willingness to do what it takes to achieve his goals, I very much see that as a brutal streak in Julian. I do not see it in Sonny.

Julian using Danny in such a manner, at least for now, guarantees that he's safe. Him being safe means he is around to protect family and if he's willing to use Danny in such a manner, then he's willing to do whatever it takes to protect family.

Sonny fails epically at that and so much so that I can't even make a list of every way that he's failed.

Not slamming anyone's acting at all, just tossing out what's been floating around in my head.

#19   2013/11/24 04:39PM
    ransomha

Quote DeviantAuthor:

Nice user pic.

Julian isn't protecting Danny, Danny is protecting Julian.
    You say "Julian using Danny', that is so wrong! Danny is a year old cancer survivor and his grandfather USES him? Yikes, that's L O W !

I think cruelty comes from FEAR not strength .

When AJ's cleared, Ava will be arrested and put away for murder.
    Either way works for Sonny.

#20   2013/11/24 05:45PM
    Mrs. Lansing

Quote DeviantAuthor:

Nice user pic.

I LOVED reading your post! Just excellent!

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list