List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: Why should Lulu be denied motherhood?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Why should Lulu be denied motherhood?

Started by Hyatt4Life at 2013/11/14 04:31AM
    Latest post: 2013/11/14 07:03PM, Views: 1261, Replies: 22
    « 1 2 3 » »| page:
    #11   2013/11/14 08:16AM
    Re: Why should Lulu be denied motherhood?
    Bettie Davis

Quote Mrs. Lansing:
    Quote Bizlet:
    Quote JaneDoe: I don't think I've heard anyone say that they don't think Lulu should be a mom. She just should not be a mom to THIS baby because she isn't hers.

I agree I think Lulu should be a mom to Ben or whatever they decide to rename him. But Connie legally is Maxie and Spinelli's child you have sympathy for Lante but the contract they entered in to was their baby not Spixies.

I think a lot of people do not think that Maxie should have Connie because they do not like Maxie. I have known many people over the years that I did not like, but I don't think that is a reason to have their children taken from them.
    Maxie bonded with the baby when she carried that baby in her own body for nine months. Maxie bonded with that child when that child fed off of Maxie own blood. Maxie bonded with that child when she went through labor. Maxie is a mother, and has every right to her child. I understand Lulu being angry and hurt because of Maxie keeping the truth from her, but being angry and feeling betrayed is no reason to exact such cruel revenge as what Lulu is doing IMO.

I like Maxie, loved her cute way she always babbled on and on, but she should have told the truth, now the BF's are tearing each other apart.

#12   2013/11/14 08:38AM
    SnowStar

Quote Bettie Davis: This is what I have been thinking, Mac tells Maxie he thought it wasn't a good idea for Maxie to do this and if I remember she really only did this to show Spin she can do a good thing for someone, all she wanted was Spin, and then she lost the baby, and it was discarded, like you know what I am thinking I don't have to say it, has no remorse of a child lost, has sex and then lies to not to protect Lulu and Dante but, for her self, and then gives birth the truth comes out, and she just thinks she can go over to Lulu and Dante's and say OH, she's mine and you can't have her, and don't forget Lulu and Dante have loved and bonded with Connie, no she does not deserve Connie and who cares what kind of past these two had Maxie did so wrong this time but, this is my opinion.

Bettie I agree with you 100% or maybe 90%. I think baby Connie should be with Maxi and Spin because they are the biological parents and they want her and so far it looks like they will be good parents.

First of all let me state that I like Maxi and Lulu and I am only commenting on this baby SL and what I saw happening during this story line. JMO.

I totally agree with everything else you said Bettie ....Maxi is solely responsible for this disaster. Lulu was just hit by this unexpected tidal wave maxi created and she is drowning in it. I will give Lulu a break as long as she doesn't hurt the baby ...somebody has to get hurt here, there is no way out of that ...if somebody has to get hurt, who should it be? The person who created the situation or an innocent person who just got dragged into it?

The primary reason why Maxi wanted to be a surrogate was to prove to Spin that she can be a person with substance ...with a bonus of giving a baby to her best friend.

When Maxi lost the baby and got pregnant again with Spin's baby, she went to tell Spin but as soon as she found out Spin and Ellie are back together she decided not to tell Spin and make this big mess. Why didn't she tell Spin?

Selfish reason - She didn't want to be a single mom.

Selfless reason - She promised her best friend a baby so she was going to stand by her promise and give away her own baby. But then why did she go to tell Spin in the first place?

By any means this is not an easy situation to be in but I never saw Maxi's actions (in this SL) as selfless ...I always felt like the primary motive behind her actions were always a selfish motive and then she always justified it by giving it a secondary selfless motive. This is just how I feel when I watch this SL.

#13   2013/11/14 09:11AM
    Monkey Mama

Quote SnowStar:
    Quote Bettie Davis: This is what I have been thinking, Mac tells Maxie he thought it wasn't a good idea for Maxie to do this and if I remember she really only did this to show Spin she can do a good thing for someone, all she wanted was Spin, and then she lost the baby, and it was discarded, like you know what I am thinking I don't have to say it, has no remorse of a child lost, has sex and then lies to not to protect Lulu and Dante but, for her self, and then gives birth the truth comes out, and she just thinks she can go over to Lulu and Dante's and say OH, she's mine and you can't have her, and don't forget Lulu and Dante have loved and bonded with Connie, no she does not deserve Connie and who cares what kind of past these two had Maxie did so wrong this time but, this is my opinion.

Bettie I agree with you 100% or maybe 90%. I think baby Connie should be with Maxi and Spin because they are the biological parents and they want her and so far it looks like they will be good parents.

First of all let me state that I like Maxi and Lulu and I am only commenting on this baby SL and what I saw happening during this story line. JMO.

I totally agree with everything else you said Bettie ....Maxi is solely responsible for this disaster. Lulu was just hit by this unexpected tidal wave maxi created and she is drowning in it. I will give Lulu a break as long as she doesn't hurt the baby ...somebody has to get hurt here, there is no way out of that ...if somebody has to get hurt, who should it be? The person who created the situation or an innocent person who just got dragged into it?

The primary reason why Maxi wanted to be a surrogate was to prove to Spin that she can be a person with substance ...with a bonus of giving a baby to her best friend.

When Maxi lost the baby and got pregnant again with Spin's baby, she went to tell Spin but as soon as she found out Spin and Ellie are back together she decided not to tell Spin and make this big mess. Why didn't she tell Spin?

Selfish reason - She didn't want to be a single mom.

Selfless reason - She promised her best friend a baby so she was going to stand by her promise and give away her own baby. But then why did she go to tell Spin in the first place?

By any means this is not an easy situation to be in but I never saw Maxi's actions (in this SL) as selfless ...I always felt like the primary motive behind her actions were always a selfish motive and then she always justified it by giving it a secondary selfless motive. This is just how I feel when I watch this SL.

I don't think she kept quiet because she didn't want to be a single Mom, but because she saw Spin & Ellie getting another shot at happiness together & rather than step in & disrupt his happiness she chose to keep quiet. She loves Spin & it would have been so easy for her to manipulate the situation, like we've seen here do before & say "I'm having your baby, you need to be with ME so we can be a family" only this time have it be TRUE. The fact that she didn't USE her pregnancy to get what she really wants tells me that she has changed & was TRYING to be unselfish.
    Although looking on from the outside I think we can all agree it was a really dumb move.

#14   2013/11/14 09:40AM
    MarzLuvs3

No doubt.... Maxie made a mistake by not telling the truth. I don't think she could even begin to comprehend how much you fall in love with a baby you are carrying. She probably didn't think she had any interest in being a mother and so she could do this surrogocy thing with no problem. And even give up her own child.... until she was carrying her own child and started falling in love with her. Those are emotions you just don't understand until you are pregnant. I don't think that makes her selfish or incapable of being a good mother.

I have no interest in watching how this court battle plays out and will probably be skipping through all of the scenes. I know it is definitely soapy, but... I just can't watch it.

#15   2013/11/14 01:41PM
    shepmajor

Point of correction? Maxie did not offer and then agree to be a surrogate to "SHOW SPINELLI" anything. Not at all. She did it to show herself that she COULD accomplish something good, Ie: giving her bestest sister-friend her heart's desire. Also she wanted to focus on something good and wonderful and positive so she wouldn't be DWELLING on Spinelli or tempted to try and come between him and Ellie.

So, while ALL of her reasons weren't purely altruistic, the majority of her decision was based on trying to do something so incredibly unselfish and loving for someone she loved so dearly.

Yes, she messed up. Big time. She was naive to the point where she thoght it wouldn't be soul-wrenching to give up her own child - as she never thought she even wanted a child of her own.

But none of it was done out of malice, or intent to harm. If she was such a selfish bag of bones, she would have used the baby to get spinelli back and not think twice about the pain it would cause Dante and Lulu. But from the moment she lost that baby, her thoughts were for THEM, her heart was breaking for THEM.

As for her having sex with Spin afterwards? She was in no fit emotional state to reason about what she was doing - any more than drunk Spin was.

#16   2013/11/14 03:37PM
    Layngel

The whole situation is sad. I want Lantern to get Ben and Spin and Maxie to get Connie. One day I hope they can be friends again.

#17   2013/11/14 04:06PM
    Layngel

Quote Layngel: The whole situation is sad. I want Lantern to get Ben and Spin and Maxie to get Connie. One day I hope they can be friends again.

That should say Lante not lantern....spell check strikes again

#18   2013/11/14 04:20PM
    ashuri-chan

I don't know what topics and comments you have been reading but me personally, I don't think she deserves to be a mom to a baby that is not her's I get she is hurt and everything but that doesn't justify her actions.

And you can't really say she had given the baby more than Maxie has considering Maxie hasn't been given the chance. If anyone is being denied motherhood it's Maxie. The last time I check it's "Lulu" pulling out the unfit parent card.

#19   2013/11/14 06:26PM
    Johnsole

I am on Maxie's side on this one. We all know that soon the truth will be revealed that Brit's baby is Dante and Lulu's biological child. I am hoping that Dante will grow a pair and talk some sense....

#20   2013/11/14 06:42PM
    bellasmema

Because Lulu IS NOT THE MOM and she is the "Physco" SHE should not even be allowed to keep her own CHILD!!! THE reason they could not adopt a child was because they were UNFIT PARENTS and that is why MAXI volunterred!!! They are even saying that she will go crazy over this!!!

« 1 2 3 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list