List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: I wish I could smack that smug look off Liz's fac.

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

I wish I could smack that smug look off Liz's fac.

Started by fairygirl69 at 2013/11/13 03:42PM
    Latest post: 2013/11/15 04:14AM, Views: 1770, Replies: 37
    « 1 2 3 4 » »| page:
    #11   2013/11/13 08:53PM
    Re: I wish I could smack that smug look off Liz's fac.
    Ruca

Quote Mrs. Lansing:
    Quote oltllover: I agree Liz had no choice if she was subpoenaed, but I don't understand why Diane didn't question her all she had to do was ask Liz if she thought that past bad deeds justified taking away a child and since Liz has been no angel and certainly would never want her children taken away from her because of a long list of things she has done then her answer would be NO a mother should have her child and that would be be that.

The whole thing was messed up! Diane would have most definitely been able to cross examine Liz after Alexis was through. And how in the heck did Alexis get to call Maxie to the stand? Maxie would have had to testify and Alexis could have cross examined her at that time. It was completely ridiculous! I remember years ago, I forget the exact case, but Sonny was on trial for murder or attempted murder, and Ric was the DA, and called Sonny to the stand! A defendant in a trial is in no way compelled to testify! Now I know this is a custody hearing and not a trial, but I do not believe Alexis would be allowed to call Maxie as a witness. Just completely off the wall! Plus does Alexis know about Logan? I hope Diane does!!

I can't recall all the sordid details with Logan as it's been so long, but didn't Lulu kill him out of self defense? The only memory I have is of Logan attacking her on a roof.

#12   2013/11/13 09:35PM
    genhospchat

Quote oltllover: I agree Liz had no choice if she was subpoenaed, but I don't understand why Diane didn't question her all she had to do was ask Liz if she thought that past bad deeds justified taking away a child and since Liz has been no angel and certainly would never want her children taken away from her because of a long list of things she has done then her answer would be NO a mother should have her child and that would be be that.

Liz was called as a witness, her opinion doesn't matter to the care. This is about facts, not what witnesses think. Now what Diane should have done was asked Liz her relationship with Maxie now and how Liz feels about Maxie now, to try to show change in Maxie.

#13   2013/11/13 09:35PM
    Mrs. Lansing

Quote Ruca:
    Quote Mrs. Lansing:

The whole thing was messed up! Diane would have most definitely been able to cross examine Liz after Alexis was through. And how in the heck did Alexis get to call Maxie to the stand? Maxie would have had to testify and Alexis could have cross examined her at that time. It was completely ridiculous! I remember years ago, I forget the exact case, but Sonny was on trial for murder or attempted murder, and Ric was the DA, and called Sonny to the stand! A defendant in a trial is in no way compelled to testify! Now I know this is a custody hearing and not a trial, but I do not believe Alexis would be allowed to call Maxie as a witness. Just completely off the wall! Plus does Alexis know about Logan? I hope Diane does!!

I can't recall all the sordid details with Logan as it's been so long, but didn't Lulu kill him out of self defense? The only memory I have is of Logan attacking her on a roof.

How is Maxie a murderer? Maxie is less guilty for Robin's death then Lulu is for Logan's.
    It's all rather ridiculous IMO.
    Lulu killed Logan in self defense, but she's willing to have Alexis make it seem like Maxie intentionally caused Robin's death?
    That was what I was really referring to.

#14   2013/11/13 09:37PM
    genhospchat

Quote fairygirl69: Her character is so annoying prissy and holier than thou! How dare she judge after all the wrong she's done?! And why isn't Maxie allowed to defend herself. In a court of law both parties would be allowed to have their say!

Who did she judge? She was asked to answer questions on the stand, she did that. How is that judging? There was not one look on her face that was smug and she actually looked upset that she has to do that.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/11/13 09:42PM
    #15   2013/11/13 10:25PM
    cardgirl

Quote genhospchat:
    Quote fairygirl69: Her character is so annoying prissy and holier than thou! How dare she judge after all the wrong she's done?! And why isn't Maxie allowed to defend herself. In a court of law both parties would be allowed to have their say!

Who did she judge? She was asked to answer questions on the stand, she did that. How is that judging? There was not one look on her face that was smug and she actually looked upset that she has to do that.

Maxie did get to talk before Alexis started questioning her. She got admit that she did those things and she is a changed person and what she did in the past has nothing to do with her ability to parent now. Also Maxie is not a defendant in a custody battle both parties are in most states viewed on equal ground. And in real life Lulu would have to prove she IS fit to parent as well.

Diane can recall Liz if she wishes and Alexis can call Maxie to testify...now if Diane does not cross to address Maxie being accused of murder than that is totally bogus. Would NEVER EVER happen in real life.

#16   2013/11/14 03:45AM
    oltllover

Quote genhospchat:

Liz was called as a witness, her opinion doesn't matter to the care. This is about facts, not what witnesses think. Now what Diane should have done was asked Liz her relationship with Maxie now and how Liz feels about Maxie now, to try to show change in Maxie.

on the one hand you say that "her opinion doesn't matter" and then you say that Diane should have asked Liz how she FEELS about Maxie now, that would be OPINION. but regardless this is a family court not criminal and in these types of cases opinions do matter and a judge can take them into consideration.

#17   2013/11/14 05:35AM
    Bettie Davis

Elizabeth, was a character witness for the plaintiff, and under oath to answer any questions that Alex asked and usually the defending attorney (Diane) discloses to her client questions that may be asked, this should have been no surprise to Maxie, and as under oath she Elizabeth did what she was asked. Tell the truth, weather she liked it or not.

#18   2013/11/14 06:42AM
    Trilla

If you can base the definition on a good parent from your past, nobody wil be considered a good parent. Everybody on GH has done something in their past that is down right wrong. That doesn't mean they are a bad parent.

Also, in respond to Liz having to tell the truth on the stand, we all no Liz don't lie on the stand.

#19   2013/11/14 06:47AM
    ransomha

Good mother/bad mother NEITHER women has "mothered".

Spin should have his own case for custody.

Hi Bettie!

#20   2013/11/14 06:54AM
    oltllover

Quote ransomha: Good mother/bad mother NEITHER women has "mothered".

Spin should have his own case for custody.

Hi Bettie!

I agree with both statements. Spin didn't know anything the whole time he could have claimed his paternal rights even if this was a straight up adoption my opinion has always been that dads should have a say in it if they have to pay child support when a mom decides to keep a baby then they should be able to file for custody when a mom wants to give the baby up and in this has turned into an adoption case in a way.

« 1 2 3 4 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list