List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: PATHETIC WRITERS DESTROYING GH!!!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

PATHETIC WRITERS DESTROYING GH!!!

Started by akita at 2013/10/29 04:01PM
    Latest post: 2013/11/06 11:26AM, Views: 3897, Replies: 55
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 page:
    #51   2013/11/04 08:20AM
    Re: PATHETIC WRITERS DESTROYING GH!!!
    JaneDoe

I do not think there is ONE set reason for the higher ratings... it is the result of more than one reason. There is no doubt that the addition of OLTL characters brought over more viewers, some that have stayed and are still enjoying GH. It was also a result of history being restored and vets returning. Lastly, and most importantly IMO... balance was restored. The show stopped being The Sapranos 2.0 and FINALLY went back to being about a mixture of the hospital, the Nurses Ball, the Cassadines, the Quartermaines, and yes.... even still the Corinthos. We stopped seeing things like Jason being the only person capable of saving the day, Sonny on EVERY SINGLE STINKING DAY!, along with Carly and Sam. Don't get me wrong, I do not hate any of these characters with the exception of Sonny, but I did not want everything revolving around them! I wanted to see so many others as well. While I think there are still issues and there's no way EVERYONE will be happy ALL THE TIME, it is BETTER. Hence why the ratings are better.

#52   2013/11/04 09:27AM
    Bizlet

Quote JaneDoe: I do not think there is ONE set reason for the higher ratings... it is the result of more than one reason. There is no doubt that the addition of OLTL characters brought over more viewers, some that have stayed and are still enjoying GH. It was also a result of history being restored and vets returning. Lastly, and most importantly IMO... balance was restored. The show stopped being The Sapranos 2.0 and FINALLY went back to being about a mixture of the hospital, the Nurses Ball, the Cassadines, the Quartermaines, and yes.... even still the Corinthos. We stopped seeing things like Jason being the only person capable of saving the day, Sonny on EVERY SINGLE STINKING DAY!, along with Carly and Sam. Don't get me wrong, I do not hate any of these characters with the exception of Sonny, but I did not want everything revolving around them! I wanted to see so many others as well. While I think there are still issues and there's no way EVERYONE will be happy ALL THE TIME, it is BETTER. Hence why the ratings are better.

You always phrase these better than me JD, but the people that are not happy right now with GH are the people who liked that Sonny and Jason had taken over the show for about 10 plus years.
    RC has righted this there is a balance if you like Sonny he is on a couple times a month, but not driving every story even one that don't make sense that he would be involved in.

This thread has referenced the Metro Court hostage Crisis Sonny took charge in the crisis when I believe Mac the police Commisioner was one the guests. It was ridiculous nods Sonny like that annoyed me Guza's writing of the character.

#53   2013/11/04 09:44AM
    JaneDoe

Quote Bizlet:
    Quote JaneDoe: I do not think there is ONE set reason for the higher ratings... it is the result of more than one reason. There is no doubt that the addition of OLTL characters brought over more viewers, some that have stayed and are still enjoying GH. It was also a result of history being restored and vets returning. Lastly, and most importantly IMO... balance was restored. The show stopped being The Sapranos 2.0 and FINALLY went back to being about a mixture of the hospital, the Nurses Ball, the Cassadines, the Quartermaines, and yes.... even still the Corinthos. We stopped seeing things like Jason being the only person capable of saving the day, Sonny on EVERY SINGLE STINKING DAY!, along with Carly and Sam. Don't get me wrong, I do not hate any of these characters with the exception of Sonny, but I did not want everything revolving around them! I wanted to see so many others as well. While I think there are still issues and there's no way EVERYONE will be happy ALL THE TIME, it is BETTER. Hence why the ratings are better.

You always phrase these better than me JD, but the people that are not happy right now with GH are the people who liked that Sonny and Jason had taken over the show for about 10 plus years.
    RC has righted this there is a balance if you like Sonny he is on a couple times a month, but not driving every story even one that don't make sense that he would be involved in.

This thread has referenced the Metro Court hostage Crisis Sonny took charge in the crisis when I believe Mac the police Commisioner was one the guests. It was ridiculous nods Sonny like that annoyed me Guza's writing of the character.

Thank you Bizlet... I think you do a fine job of phrasing things.

You bring up another good point! I keep seeing people say that Sonny IS the show and I think it needs to be reiterated that one of the reasons the ratings have improved is BECAUSE he is not on as much. He is NOT in our face everyday (along with others like Sam and Carly). I think this proves that he is not "THE SHOW". He is a big part of it (along with many others) because it is an ensemble, as it should be. When any one leaves... the show still moves forward, regardless of how big they are or how much we love them . Example.... JASON. I've seen so many of my faves come and go and yet the show still survives. Good writing, using a good cast as a WHOLE, and restoring history is what has made this show good again. I love it.

#54   2013/11/04 12:59PM
    Miz M

Perfect example of a missed opportunity by GH Writers: When Maxie goes to confront Lulu about the custody case (which was a HUGE mistake on Maxie's part IMHO) and Lulu has the gall to tell Maxie that she "killed" her baby on NYE. "Um...'cuse me, Lulu, but didn't you have an abortion?"

#55   2013/11/05 06:59AM
    Carolae

I, too, think the writers are pretty bad. It's like watching re-runs every day. Also, I'm a big fan of the FF method; however, I find it much more enjoyable to watch it on the computer and then have another screen opened to play Scrabble, etc. When I hear something of interest, I just click on the screen and watch the scene that is playing. I understand that they lowered Tony Geary's salary which might be the reason for him to join Y&R or another soap. Between all of the vacation time this guy has, his presence on screen is not all that much. It wasn't like back in the good old days with Robert and Sean....those were the best storylines with the writers back then. For years now, there really isn't much of a storyline to keep one interested and they just drag it out too much. Am glad to see Duke back....always liked him. I believe that within the next 2 years, GH will end or will go with Prospect Park much like OLTL...which when I first watched, was awful and stopped.

#56   2013/11/06 11:26AM
    akita

Quote JaneDoe:
    Quote Bizlet:

Thank you Bizlet... I think you do a fine job of phrasing things.

You bring up another good point! I keep seeing people say that Sonny IS the show and I think it needs to be reiterated that one of the reasons the ratings have improved is BECAUSE he is not on as much. He is NOT in our face everyday (along with others like Sam and Carly). I think this proves that he is not "THE SHOW". He is a big part of it (along with many others) because it is an ensemble, as it should be. When any one leaves... the show still moves forward, regardless of how big they are or how much we love them . Example.... JASON. I've seen so many of my faves come and go and yet the show still survives. Good writing, using a good cast as a WHOLE, and restoring history is what has made this show good again. I love it.

I hit the nail on the head. I still watch bc I'm a long time and devoted fan, but I have to recognize when things are "sucking" and that's no exaggeration.

Although I am JASON'S BIGGEST FAN, I was also tired of the constant mob show. I miss the old stories and ones that were about the hospital, the Q's, couples in love..........in other words, things that were a little more pleasant. I would LOVE to see at least one ADULT (not teen) couple make it through for at least six months of happiness. Anything would be better than all mob, teens and the constant sleeping around.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list