List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: PATHETIC WRITERS DESTROYING GH!!!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

PATHETIC WRITERS DESTROYING GH!!!

Started by akita at 2013/10/29 04:01PM
    Latest post: 2013/11/06 11:26AM, Views: 4109, Replies: 55
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 » »| page:
    #41   2013/10/31 11:34AM
    Re: PATHETIC WRITERS DESTROYING GH!!!
    genhospchat

Quote akita: Oltl characters help save gh? Lol. I admire you're devotion to the ex-characters but don't kid yourself. Having Todd was good for about a month bc he is funny but shortly after he was overdone and a little UNnecessary. Now we come to Starr and Tea......HORRIBLE and a complete waste of time. The girl playing Starr/kiki might be a nice person but she's a terrible actress and Tea was just a filler. We have never needed anyone from any other soap to save gh, if anything they've outstayed their visit. Let me put it this way...franco needs to leave already bc he's not serving a purpose and having kiki is like having land on the moon.

Word! ^^^^what she said

#42   2013/11/03 04:27PM
    ransomha

Eagerly awaiting Robin reuniting with her family.
    Thank you to the writers for getting her back!

Halloween was so funny! Dr. O and Faision were a hoot!

Sexy Nic and Britt looked smokin.

Maxie and Lulu's fight will be dramatic and sad. Hope both actresses bring their A game.

Sonny giving Michael the restaurant was a surprise and opens up a whole new direction for Michael.

November sweeps are blowing in.....looks like a fun ride in store for us!

#43   2013/11/03 04:36PM
    Bettie Davis

I just wished they would bring back Laura, Hi Rans

#44   2013/11/03 05:05PM
    ransomha

Quote Bettie Davis: I just wished they would bring back Laura, Hi Rans

Hi Bettie!

#45   2013/11/03 05:13PM
    IslandGirl33

Quote akita: Oltl characters help save gh? Lol. I admire you're devotion to the ex-characters but don't kid yourself. Having Todd was good for about a month bc he is funny but shortly after he was overdone and a little UNnecessary. Now we come to Starr and Tea......HORRIBLE and a complete waste of time. The girl playing Starr/kiki might be a nice person but she's a terrible actress and Tea was just a filler. We have never needed anyone from any other soap to save gh, if anything they've outstayed their visit. Let me put it this way...franco needs to leave already bc he's not serving a purpose and having kiki is like having land on the moon.

Oh I'm not kidding myself... My comment was referring to when these characters first joined gh and the proof is in the numbers. Simple as that.

Now what they've done with these characters since may be a different story but the ratings don't lie... Like it or not the arrival of these characters did indeed help and it has nothing to do with my devotion to them... Seriously!

#46   2013/11/03 05:22PM
    Bettie Davis

Quote IslandGirl33:

Oh I'm not kidding myself... My comment was referring to when these characters first joined gh and the proof is in the numbers. Simple as that.

Now what they've done with these characters since may be a different story but the ratings don't lie... Like it or not the arrival of these characters did indeed help and it has nothing to do with my devotion to them... Seriously!

I agree, and I still like them, Hi Island.

#47   2013/11/03 05:31PM
    IslandGirl33

Quote Bettie Davis:
    Quote IslandGirl33:

I agree, and I still like them, Hi Island.

Hi BDC! Hope all has been well with you!

#48   2013/11/04 07:29AM
    Mother of an...

Quote IslandGirl33:
    Quote genhospchat: OLTL was cancelled and that sucks for fans of that show BUT GH WASN'T cancelled so why is GH pushed aside for OLTL? These characters aren't even OLTL characters anymore, which is worse! They brought these actors on JUST to have OLTL actors on the show and GH suffers for it. AND they aren't even good characters, nor do they have any story that pushes the show forward.

Oh and LULU and ESPECIALLY Dante would NEVER do that to Maxie!

With all due respect, May I remind you (and others) that it's a fact that these OLTL characters played a big part in saving GH by increasing the ratings when they 1st came on. Many OLTL fans only started watching GH after OLTL was cancelled and many still are watching.

I watched GH for many, many years but stopped when it became the "Sonny and the mob show". I returned since OLTL joined and am still watching (like many others).

I understand how you and others may feel but again, I just want to remind you that OLTL characters DID help the ratings... not hurt them.

I have to respectfully disagree. Ratings had been steadily falling since the MetroCourt Hostage Crisis. They had steadily killed off characters- Alan, Em, Georgie. They fired Rebecca Herbst and killed off a toddler. Ratings took a nose dive. In February 2012, GH had its worst ratings ever. It was the end of the Frons era and his agenda to get rid of the soaps, and the last of his micromanaged stories penned by Wolf were finishing up. Robin was killed, and ratings bottomed out. Starr hit GH screens in February 2012 during this all time low, followed by Todd the following week, and McBain by the second week in March. The executives at ABC and GH had no time to gauge their impact on the show. Obviously they had made the decision to keep GH before they made the announcement on April 11 that GH was not going to be cancelled. As an asside, the ratings in Feb 2012 were average 1.6-1.7's for each week. The all time low number of viewers, achieved during this time frame was 2.193 million viewers. The week of April 9-13, they only had 2.217 million, which is not a significant change and is considered as part of normal day to day, week to week fluctuation. Numbers did not change much through August of 2012. Yes, there was an occasional 1.9, but it wasn't until Ron and Frank returned to GH story telling in August with the return of Jerry Jacks, Anna Devane, Duke Lavery, Faison, etc., that they ever broke into a 2.0 ratings bracket.

#49   2013/11/04 07:53AM
    Bizlet

Quote Mother of an Angel:
    Quote IslandGirl33:
    Quote genhospchat: OLTL was cancelled and that sucks for fans of that show BUT GH WASN'T cancelled so why is GH pushed aside for OLTL? These characters aren't even OLTL characters anymore, which is worse! They brought these actors on JUST to have OLTL actors on the show and GH suffers for it. AND they aren't even good characters, nor do they have any story that pushes the show forward.

Oh and LULU and ESPECIALLY Dante would NEVER do that to Maxie!

With all due respect, May I remind you (and others) that it's a fact that these OLTL characters played a big part in saving GH by increasing the ratings when they 1st came on. Many OLTL fans only started watching GH after OLTL was cancelled and many still are watching.

I watched GH for many, many years but stopped when it became the "Sonny and the mob show". I returned since OLTL joined and am still watching (like many others).

I understand how you and others may feel but again, I just want to remind you that OLTL characters DID help the ratings... not hurt them.

I have to respectfully disagree. Ratings had been steadily falling since the MetroCourt Hostage Crisis. They had steadily killed off characters- Alan, Em, Georgie. They fired Rebecca Herbst and killed off a toddler. Ratings took a nose dive. In February 2012, GH had its worst ratings ever. It was the end of the Frons era and his agenda to get rid of the soaps, and the last of his micromanaged stories penned by Wolf were finishing up. Robin was killed, and ratings bottomed out. Starr hit GH screens in February 2012 during this all time low, followed by Todd the following week, and McBain by the second week in March. The executives at ABC and GH had no time to gauge their impact on the show. Obviously they had made the decision to keep GH before they made the announcement on April 11 that GH was not going to be cancelled. As an asside, the ratings in Feb 2012 were average 1.6-1.7's for each week. The all time low number of viewers, achieved during this time frame was 2.193 million viewers. The week of April 9-13, they only had 2.217 million, which is not a significant change and is considered as part of normal day to day, week to week fluctuation. Numbers did not change much through August of 2012. Yes, there was an occasional 1.9, but it wasn't until Ron and Frank returned to GH story telling in August with the return of Jerry Jacks, Anna Devane, Duke Lavery, Faison, etc., that they ever broke into a 2.0 ratings bracket.

This week last they hit a two year high. It is story telling RC and remembering that soaps are built on multiple cast members not stars like night drams. That is why the Metro Hostage crisis was such success for Guza bc a lot of cast got screen time that were never on.
    It was not just your daily dose of the Sopranos.

#50   2013/11/04 08:14AM
    Mother of an...

Quote Bizlet:

This week last they hit a two year high. It is story telling RC and remembering that soaps are built on multiple cast members not stars like night drams. That is why the Metro Hostage crisis was such success for Guza bc a lot of cast got screen time that were never on.
    It was not just your daily dose of the Sopranos.

I saw that, and it is unfortunate that it's taken so long to beat ratings that were produced during their decline, and their all time lows. There was so much that was damaged from Frons' attempts to scuttle the soaps and his micromanagement. I have loved some of Guza's work, and totally despised some of his other stories. Since we don't work there, we'll never know what he was responsible for, and what he was ordered to pen. Tho after Guza was gone, Nancy Grahn did come forth to say that it was Guza who got rid of Becky H., and JFP who stepped in and overrode that decision. While I've been watching again for the first time in 5 years, I still feel there's much that needs to be righted. At one time-years ago- I watched both OLTL and GH. I always felt that OL employed much more camp in their show, so while GH had it's comedic moments, that camp often just doesn't fit the feel of GH. RC needs to be careful when and how he employs it.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list