List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: PATHETIC WRITERS DESTROYING GH!!!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

PATHETIC WRITERS DESTROYING GH!!!

Started by akita at 2013/10/29 04:01PM
    Latest post: 2013/11/06 11:26AM, Views: 3920, Replies: 55
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 » »| page:
    #31   2013/10/31 07:19AM
    Re: PATHETIC WRITERS DESTROYING GH!!!
    Bizlet

Quote DavidaMBurns: I'm really liking GH these days save for Kiki and Michael. They make me sick. I like how they are bringing in the characters from other soaps that were taking place in New York. It really could be real life stuff where everybody knows everybody. Bringing back Delia Ryan was brilliant. I was a huge Ryan's Hope fan. It's just too bad that Roger Coleridge (Michael Sr.) has already been used on GH. He and Delia were great together. I don't know, I'm glued!

I suppose they could bring back Roger Coleridge. It would not be the first time we are not suppose recognize an actor as another character, Claudia, (Carly), Franco, (Todd) and Kiki(Starr). He has been gone at least a year.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/10/31 07:20AM
    #32   2013/10/31 07:27AM
    MikeLikesSoaps

Quote DavidaMBurns: I'm really liking GH these days save for Kiki and Michael. They make me sick. I like how they are bringing in the characters from other soaps that were taking place in New York. It really could be real life stuff where everybody knows everybody. Bringing back Delia Ryan was brilliant. I was a huge Ryan's Hope fan. It's just too bad that Roger Coleridge (Michael Sr.) has already been used on GH. He and Delia were great together. I don't know, I'm glued!

Wouldn't be funny if it turned out that Roger Coleridge and Mike Corbin/Cornthos were the same person. We found out years ago he had another family (Courtney and her mother) under a different name. Who's to say that if Ron Hale hadn't retired from acting, they couldn;t have done that s/l.

#33   2013/10/31 07:31AM
    Bizlet

Quote MikeLikesSoaps:

Wouldn't be funny if it turned out that Roger Coleridge and Mike Corbin/Cornthos were the same person. We found out years ago he had another family (Courtney and her mother) under a different name. Who's to say that if Ron Hale hadn't retired from acting, they couldn;t have done that s/l.

Father like son kids all over the place.

#34   2013/10/31 09:14AM
    Bettie Davis

I just hope the writers know what they are doing, I am still trying to have faith, we dropped behind Y&R in the ratings.

#35   2013/10/31 10:46AM
    IslandGirl33

Quote genhospchat: OLTL was cancelled and that sucks for fans of that show BUT GH WASN'T cancelled so why is GH pushed aside for OLTL? These characters aren't even OLTL characters anymore, which is worse! They brought these actors on JUST to have OLTL actors on the show and GH suffers for it. AND they aren't even good characters, nor do they have any story that pushes the show forward.

Oh and LULU and ESPECIALLY Dante would NEVER do that to Maxie!

With all due respect, May I remind you (and others) that it's a fact that these OLTL characters played a big part in saving GH by increasing the ratings when they 1st came on. Many OLTL fans only started watching GH after OLTL was cancelled and many still are watching.

I watched GH for many, many years but stopped when it became the "Sonny and the mob show". I returned since OLTL joined and am still watching (like many others).

I understand how you and others may feel but again, I just want to remind you that OLTL characters DID help the ratings... not hurt them.

#36   2013/10/31 10:50AM
    genhospchat

Quote IslandGirl33:
    Quote genhospchat: OLTL was cancelled and that sucks for fans of that show BUT GH WASN'T cancelled so why is GH pushed aside for OLTL? These characters aren't even OLTL characters anymore, which is worse! They brought these actors on JUST to have OLTL actors on the show and GH suffers for it. AND they aren't even good characters, nor do they have any story that pushes the show forward.

With all due respect, May I remind you (and others) that it's a fact that these OLTL characters played a big part in saving GH by increasing the ratings when they 1st came on. Many OLTL fans only started watching GH after OLTL was cancelled and many still are watching.

I watched GH for many, many years but stopped when it became the "Sonny and the mob show". I returned since OLTL joined and am still watching (like many others).

I understand how you and others may feel but again, I just want to remind you that OLTL characters DID help the ratings... not hurt them.

I understand that but they aren't OLTL characters anymore so, IMO, they are a big waste of airtime and boring.

I too was sick of the Sonny show but once they put a lot of the other cast and brought back vets and it was more balanced, I'm sure THAT as well was a huge reason for the ratings boost as well.

#37   2013/10/31 10:56AM
    IslandGirl33

Quote tessicapls: Gosh, I must be really in the minority! I think it's the best it's been in years. I totally stopped watching when the Balkken storyline was dragging on, but came back after OLTL's cancellation. I Love the show these days, and can't wait to watch every new episode. My work's office manager watches too, and we both think the writers have tied everything, and everybody together has been brilliant.

Hi Tess! ITA with both you and princesss0919. I'm a little taken aback by all the negativity in this thread especially. Although, there are some s/l's I would have liked better if they had played out a little differently, I'm still loving it for the most part.

#38   2013/10/31 11:03AM
    IslandGirl33

Quote genhospchat:
    Quote IslandGirl33:

I understand that but they aren't OLTL characters anymore so, IMO, they are a big waste of airtime and boring.

I too was sick of the Sonny show but once they put a lot of the other cast and brought back vets and it was more balanced, I'm sure THAT as well was a huge reason for the ratings boost as well.

bolded: I do see your point there! For me, I just don't know why Franco is around anymore. I love, love, love RH and was excited when I thought he was going to be involved with the Q's. I thought he would have blended right in with that family. But now...? I really just don't know!

#39   2013/10/31 11:09AM
    genhospchat

Quote IslandGirl33:
    Quote genhospchat:
    Quote IslandGirl33:

bolded: I do see your point there! For me, I just don't know why Franco is around anymore. I love, love, love RH and was excited when I thought he was going to be involved with the Q's. I thought he would have blended right in with that family. But now...? I really just don't know!

Aside from a flirtation with Carly and those ugly paintings with Heather, he's really just there. He's not enjoyable as Frodd and it's ruining Carly's character even having this flirtation with him. If they wanted to make him a Q, they should have made him a long lost relative that no one has heard of instead of a psycho killer and rapist helper.

#40   2013/10/31 11:25AM
    akita

Oltl characters help save gh? Lol. I admire you're devotion to the ex-characters but don't kid yourself. Having Todd was good for about a month bc he is funny but shortly after he was overdone and a little UNnecessary. Now we come to Starr and Tea......HORRIBLE and a complete waste of time. The girl playing Starr/kiki might be a nice person but she's a terrible actress and Tea was just a filler. We have never needed anyone from any other soap to save gh, if anything they've outstayed their visit. Let me put it this way...franco needs to leave already bc he's not serving a purpose and having kiki is like having land on the moon.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list