List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: PATHETIC WRITERS DESTROYING GH!!!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

PATHETIC WRITERS DESTROYING GH!!!

Started by akita at 2013/10/29 04:01PM
    Latest post: 2013/11/06 11:26AM, Views: 3434, Replies: 55
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 » »| page:
    #11   2013/10/29 10:27PM
    Re: PATHETIC WRITERS DESTROYING GH!!!
    genhospchat

Quote cardgirl: I have to agree the writing stinks right now. Maybe not so much the writing, the story telling is bad. I think RC a FV are trying to do way to much with ONE SHOW. Trying to cram OLTL, RH, LOVING and PC into this one little show is annoying. Only thing they have left out is AMC and that is probably only because they are afraid to get sued again. It's the lawsuit against ABC that is killing this show.

Note to FV and RC you are never ever EVER going to measure up to the greatness that was Gloria Monte or Wendy Ritchie. EVER. They knew how to tell stories we cared about and not shove crap down or throat.

In case you did NOT get the memo, You do not work for OLTL anymore. Quit living in the past and stop the nods to the past and quit sporadically bringing back old characters that don't tell a story. You would not have worry about budgets then. Those character's are gone I am over it.

I do like that Duke and Anna and Robert are back....BUT now because of budget Anna and Robert are locked in a lab just sitting around and without Anna what is there for Duke to do?

The stories move to slowly or NOT at all UM AJ in jail for murder comes to mind.

And get rid of these stupid young actors who can't freaking act! UM MORGAN, LULU. Sheesh.

Bottom Line Less is more and stay in the present. The past does not matter that's why it's in the past. Please move on.

Sorry I know that was more of a rant but, I have watched this show all of my life, I have seen all but the first four years. I won't stop watching because my head would blow up if I did not watch...well maybe not but I don't want to chance it. But really these days it's hard to watch. And worse I don't think TPTB really care what the fans think or want. They are gonna do what they are gonna do regardless of how I or anybody else feels.

OLTL was cancelled and that sucks for fans of that show BUT GH WASN'T cancelled so why is GH pushed aside for OLTL? These characters aren't even OLTL characters anymore, which is worse! They brought these actors on JUST to have OLTL actors on the show and GH suffers for it. AND they aren't even good characters, nor do they have any story that pushes the show forward.

Oh and LULU and ESPECIALLY Dante would NEVER do that to Maxie!

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/10/29 10:29PM
    #12   2013/10/29 10:44PM
    cardgirl

Quote genhospchat:
    Quote cardgirl: I have to agree the writing stinks right now. Maybe not so much the writing, the story telling is bad. I think RC a FV are trying to do way to much with ONE SHOW. Trying to cram OLTL, RH, LOVING and PC into this one little show is annoying. Only thing they have left out is AMC and that is probably only because they are afraid to get sued again. It's the lawsuit against ABC that is killing this show.

Note to FV and RC you are never ever EVER going to measure up to the greatness that was Gloria Monte or Wendy Ritchie. EVER. They knew how to tell stories we cared about and not shove crap down or throat.

In case you did NOT get the memo, You do not work for OLTL anymore. Quit living in the past and stop the nods to the past and quit sporadically bringing back old characters that don't tell a story. You would not have worry about budgets then. Those character's are gone I am over it.

I do like that Duke and Anna and Robert are back....BUT now because of budget Anna and Robert are locked in a lab just sitting around and without Anna what is there for Duke to do?

The stories move to slowly or NOT at all UM AJ in jail for murder comes to mind.

And get rid of these stupid young actors who can't freaking act! UM MORGAN, LULU. Sheesh.

Bottom Line Less is more and stay in the present. The past does not matter that's why it's in the past. Please move on.

Sorry I know that was more of a rant but, I have watched this show all of my life, I have seen all but the first four years. I won't stop watching because my head would blow up if I did not watch...well maybe not but I don't want to chance it. But really these days it's hard to watch. And worse I don't think TPTB really care what the fans think or want. They are gonna do what they are gonna do regardless of how I or anybody else feels.

OLTL was cancelled and that sucks for fans of that show BUT GH WASN'T cancelled so why is GH pushed aside for OLTL? These characters aren't even OLTL characters anymore, which is worse! They brought these actors on JUST to have OLTL actors on the show and GH suffers for it. AND they aren't even good characters, nor do they have any story that pushes the show forward.

Yay it's Gen!!!! Waving wildly

I don't get why these writer's feel the need to soap dance around. I watched OLTL off and on but it never really could hold my attention. I am getting sick of all these nods to other shows and visits to other shows and bringing characters from other shows to GH. GH if they were good writers and planned well could stand on it's own. It's just a mess right now.

Your right to that the old Lulu would never keep Maxie's child. EVER. She would be mad but she would understand that Maxie meant well and give her back her baby.

Anna and Robert would have NEVER been bested by the likes of Jerry Jax EVER!!!!

And sorry but Morgan has got to go!!!! And Michael and Kiki to. And I never missed Scott or Lucy when they left or Heather so let them stay gone.

I really feel that TPTB at GH are really doing a disservice to the loyal fans of GH. I have watched my whole life and have stuck it out through some pretty bad story and acting but now it's just ridiculous. Why can't they just let GH be GH? The show was fine without all the OLTL stuff and the shoving their characters at us and then forcing new characters on us because they couldn't use the OLTL ones.

I think the show could be good if they just stop trying revisit so much of the past and so many shows I don't care about. I watch the show but I sure don't enjoy it as much as I used to. It was bad enough when it was the Sonny and Jason show, but now it's just the let's bring back the past and live in it show. Sickening.

#13   2013/10/29 11:02PM
    genhospchat

Quote cardgirl:
    Quote genhospchat:

Yay it's Gen!!!! Waving wildly

I don't get why these writer's feel the need to soap dance around. I watched OLTL off and on but it never really could hold my attention. I am getting sick of all these nods to other shows and visits to other shows and bringing characters from other shows to GH. GH if they were good writers and planned well could stand on it's own. It's just a mess right now.

Your right to that the old Lulu would never keep Maxie's child. EVER. She would be mad but she would understand that Maxie meant well and give her back her baby.

Anna and Robert would have NEVER been bested by the likes of Jerry Jax EVER!!!!

And sorry but Morgan has got to go!!!! And Michael and Kiki to. And I never missed Scott or Lucy when they left or Heather so let them stay gone.

I really feel that TPTB at GH are really doing a disservice to the loyal fans of GH. I have watched my whole life and have stuck it out through some pretty bad story and acting but now it's just ridiculous. Why can't they just let GH be GH? The show was fine without all the OLTL stuff and the shoving their characters at us and then forcing new characters on us because they couldn't use the OLTL ones.

I think the show could be good if they just stop trying revisit so much of the past and so many shows I don't care about. I watch the show but I sure don't enjoy it as much as I used to. It was bad enough when it was the Sonny and Jason show, but now it's just the let's bring back the past and live in it show. Sickening.

*waving back CG*

I agree about Robert and Anna. One would have just shot Jerry, left him there to die and went to look for Robin. I know they were possibly afraid to because he could have been the key to Robin so they were thinking like parents not spies BUT it wouldn't be the first time they had to find Robin on their own.

My only guess is they didn't want Anna to find Julian but to have Sonny go after him and have TweedleSam to pretend to be a PI again and have to find out stuff before they allowed the actual brains and real crime fighters - Anna and Duke (hahaha trying to make us believe Sam is a crime fighter) to figure it all out.

MORGAN! KIKI AND FRODD HAVETO GO!!!!!!!!!! If they're going to keep having Carly all for Frodd, she can go too!

#14   2013/10/30 03:23AM
    Vertigobarbie

Quote genhospchat: *waving back CG*

I agree about Robert and Anna. One would have just shot Jerry, left him there to die and went to look for Robin. I know they were possibly afraid to because he could have been the key to Robin so they were thinking like parents not spies BUT it wouldn't be the first time they had to find Robin on their own.

My only guess is they didn't want Anna to find Julian but to have Sonny go after him and have TweedleSam to pretend to be a PI again and have to find out stuff before they allowed the actual brains and real crime fighters - Anna and Duke (hahaha trying to make us believe Sam is a crime fighter) to figure it all out.

MORGAN! KIKI AND FRODD HAVETO GO!!!!!!!!!! If they're going to keep having Carly all for Frodd, she can go too!

Hi Gen,
    LOL at TweedleSam. I was just about to take a sip of my tea when I read that. Thank goodness I didn't.

#15   2013/10/30 03:55AM
    wise chick

I simply cant stand this new Morgan. He appears dirty and rough. He's not at all like the Morgan everyone came to love who hung out with Alexis daughter. The first one. The relationship between him and Michael is so ugly I hate to watch. I am beginning to not like Michael either and watching Morgan and Ava is terrible.

#16   2013/10/30 05:01AM
    akita

I just wish someone from the show would read our comments. Regardless of who we love or hate, we all love this soap and have been true and faithful through the years. PLEASE STOP DESTROYING GENERAL HOSPITAL.

#17   2013/10/30 06:47AM
    princesss0919

I respectfully disagree I think the stories are really good – some of the stories are not to my taste but all in all it has been the best it has been in “years”

#18   2013/10/30 06:56AM
    tessicapls

Gosh, I must be really in the minority! I think it's the best it's been in years. I totally stopped watching when the Balkken storyline was dragging on, but came back after OLTL's cancellation. I Love the show these days, and can't wait to watch every new episode. My work's office manager watches too, and we both think the writers have tied everything, and everybody together has been brilliant.

#19   2013/10/30 07:16AM
    Bizlet

Quote tessicapls: Gosh, I must be really in the minority! I think it's the best it's been in years. I totally stopped watching when the Balkken storyline was dragging on, but came back after OLTL's cancellation. I Love the show these days, and can't wait to watch every new episode. My work's office manager watches too, and we both think the writers have tied everything, and everybody together has been brilliant.

No you are not in the minority ratings don't lie. GH is at a ratings high. I love the new writers. I love the new characters of Ava, Kiki, and Silas and old characters returning Robert, Lucy, Julian, and Laura.

#20   2013/10/30 07:18AM
    ransomha

Quote princesss0919: I respectfully disagree I think the stories are really good – some of the stories are not to my taste but all in all it has been the best it has been in “years”

I agree, that's why I watch. Would not watch a show I didn't enjoy.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list