List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: R O X Y

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

R O X Y

Started by ransomha at 2013/10/28 11:18AM
    Latest post: 2013/10/30 07:10PM, Views: 1741, Replies: 29
    « 1 2 3 » »| page:
    #11   2013/10/29 05:38AM
    Re: R O X Y
    tessicapls

I don't remember Delia, but I loved Roxy! I agree, she was written very Roxy-ish yesterday, and I loved it. She is always great for the little comedy flub, and will add a lot to the show. I hope she'll be around a while.

#12   2013/10/29 05:38AM
    Mrs. Lansing

Quote shepmajor: The Delia Reid I remember is a more subtle version of Roxy. Not quite as ditzy, and a lot smarter than people ever gave her credit for.

I have a feeling Ron C. will write her as Roxy though. You've seen her today, can you confirm or deny?

I did not watch OLTL, but I did watch RH for a number of years. Delia was "bad", but she was more childlike then the Delia we saw yesterday. The character yesterday was more loud and brash then I remember Delia. So I'm guessing who we saw yesterday was Roxy as Delia. The same way we seem to have Todd as Franco.

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/10/29 05:40AM
    #13   2013/10/29 05:58AM
    ransomha

Quote tessicapls: I don't remember Delia, but I loved Roxy! I agree, she was written very Roxy-ish yesterday, and I loved it. She is always great for the little comedy flub, and will add a lot to the show. I hope she'll be around a while.

Me too! She was known for messing up her words in a cometic way.

#14   2013/10/29 06:03AM
    alikat

I thought it was incredibly clever and a huge tip of the hat for them to hire Ilene Kristen and have Silas and Sam find her at Ryan's bar. What a boon to the real heyday of soaps!!! I remember watching Ryan's hope when I was little. I didn't watch much but when home during the summer or home sick, I'd sometimes catch it.

I cannot attest to her being written more as Roxy or as Delia. I don't think yesterday can be a true testament to how the character will mesh out. Yesterday was a little more campy as well as them having to a) give the big FU to Prospect Park when she said Silas reminder her of JOHNNY (what she called him on OLTL) and then saying, "Johnny Ryan, my son" and b.) having to make her character do some obvious things to make Sam and Silas know that she wasn't telling the truth and knew something about Victor and Ava Jerome.

In the end they could easily move her into a more settled role and away from the true essence of Roxy. And with them reprising the old Ryan's Hope character Delia Reed Ryan Colridge, well...it's been so long since that show was on that really the character can take on any personality.

What I wonder though, is she going to stay? If yes, I'd love to find out that Mike (Sonny's father) is actually alive and being held by Julian Jerome and Morgan finds him. That would really be the boon since the actor who played Mike also played Dr. Roger Colridge, Delia's husband. Those two actors were GREAT together.

#15   2013/10/29 06:14AM
    Bettie Davis

I watched Ryans Hope from begining to end and its so great that GH is paying respects to other ABC Soaps, and I love seeing Delia, now, okay hear I go again, I can't remember if Dark Shadows was on ABC, if so dear GH staff lets get some of those actor's on too, I know Barnabus and most if not all are still alive. Please!!!!

#16   2013/10/29 06:55AM
    annabannana

Quote Bettie Davis: I watched Ryans Hope from begining to end and its so great that GH is paying respects to other ABC Soaps, and I love seeing Delia, now, okay hear I go again, I can't remember if Dark Shadows was on ABC, if so dear GH staff lets get some of those actor's on too, I know Barnabus and most if not all are still alive. Please!!!!
    Well of course Barnabus is still alive. But seriously how the heck old could the actor )duh can't remenber his name, be?)

#17   2013/10/29 07:07AM
    alikat

While I think it's great to show respect to past soaps, I don't think GH needs a huge influx of characters from old shows just because the actors are available and they were ABC shows. If you're bringing in a character, then it needs to make sense to bring them in.

With this role, it was a great show of recognition to a beloved show but also Sam and Silas are looking for proof there was another Jerome and the investigation led them to Ryan's in NYC. If they keep Ilene Kristen in the role, then they have to tie her into the story. The thing that would make sense would be for Delia to actually be Ava's mother (or aunt, if it makes more sense to have Delia be Ava's mother's sister). If not, then let Ilene do a very short stint until all the information can be deemed from her and then move back to Port Charles and the characters we know and have history for on GH.

We all had "growing pains" when the original three came onto GH from OLTL and then we all had to REALLY adjust when those three were suddenly back as new characters.

The show is on a good roll, we've finally now mostly accepted the OLTL3 as new GH characters, to infiltrate too much more NEW could cause a reversal of the surge.

But if there were reasons for other ABC shows characters to come in, then I'm all for it. Heck, Ellie, Felix, Sean, Britt and/or Dr. Olbrecht could have easily been someone from Dark Shadows or Ryan's Hope or whatever other ABC show.

Give me something plausible to tie them into current storyline and characters and I'm all for it. But just bring them back for nostalgia's sake, I'd prefer that idea NOT come to fruition.

#18   2013/10/29 07:22AM
    Mrs. Lansing

Quote alikat: While I think it's great to show respect to past soaps, I don't think GH needs a huge influx of characters from old shows just because the actors are available and they were ABC shows. If you're bringing in a character, then it needs to make sense to bring them in.

With this role, it was a great show of recognition to a beloved show but also Sam and Silas are looking for proof there was another Jerome and the investigation led them to Ryan's in NYC. If they keep Ilene Kristen in the role, then they have to tie her into the story. The thing that would make sense would be for Delia to actually be Ava's mother (or aunt, if it makes more sense to have Delia be Ava's mother's sister). If not, then let Ilene do a very short stint until all the information can be deemed from her and then move back to Port Charles and the characters we know and have history for on GH.

We all had "growing pains" when the original three came onto GH from OLTL and then we all had to REALLY adjust when those three were suddenly back as new characters.

The show is on a good roll, we've finally now mostly accepted the OLTL3 as new GH characters, to infiltrate too much more NEW could cause a reversal of the surge.

But if there were reasons for other ABC shows characters to come in, then I'm all for it. Heck, Ellie, Felix, Sean, Britt and/or Dr. Olbrecht could have easily been someone from Dark Shadows or Ryan's Hope or whatever other ABC show.

Give me something plausible to tie them into current storyline and characters and I'm all for it. But just bring them back for nostalgia's sake, I'd prefer that idea NOT come to fruition.

Delia only had one sibling, a brother named Bobby.

#19   2013/10/29 07:41AM
    alikat

Quote Mrs. Lansing:
    Quote alikat: While I think it's great to show respect to past soaps, I don't think GH needs a huge influx of characters from old shows just because the actors are available and they were ABC shows. If you're bringing in a character, then it needs to make sense to bring them in.

I don't know the history which is why I said "if it makes more sense". So maybe brother Bobby's wife was Victor Jerome's mistress and Ava was raised thinking Bobby was her real father. Who knows how they'd weave the story. I'm just saying, I'd prefer new characters have a legitimate tie. And with this character, there's nostalgia and history for people like you who were viewers of the show. Me, I didn't watch it full time so I don't know a lot of history. But I respect that it should make sense to someone who does know it.

#20   2013/10/29 08:05AM
    Mrs. Lansing

Quote alikat:
    Quote Mrs. Lansing:

I don't know the history which is why I said "if it makes more sense". So maybe brother Bobby's wife was Victor Jerome's mistress and Ava was raised thinking Bobby was her real father. Who knows how they'd weave the story. I'm just saying, I'd prefer new characters have a legitimate tie. And with this character, there's nostalgia and history for people like you who were viewers of the show. Me, I didn't watch it full time so I don't know a lot of history. But I respect that it should make sense to someone who does know it.

Oh I agree that a cross over should not only make sense within the story, but also fit in with the "atmosphere" of the show. I was only pointing out that Delia's brother Bobby was her only sibling. What I failed to add was that Bobby was always in love with Faith, and they never got together. He left the series in the mid 80's and never returned until the series finale. He had never married.

« 1 2 3 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list