List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: Report---MAJOR GH actor in salary dispute? EXIT?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Report---MAJOR GH actor in salary dispute? EXIT?

Started by BringBackStarr at 2013/10/24 01:26PM
    Latest post: 2013/10/28 05:54AM, Views: 5328, Replies: 28
    « 1 2 3 » »| page:
    #11   2013/10/25 07:29AM
    Re: Report---MAJOR GH actor in salary dispute? EXIT?
    tel4plm

[/quote] You are right bestie, I herd this today on The Wendy Willam's show and she hope's Anthony Geary takes the pay cut I hope he does too he has been on GH for 35 years.[/quote]

Here's my issue with your scenario...

I have worked at my job for 35 years - I get cost-of-living increases every year. I CERTAINLY don't earn $1.5M/yr., but that's irrelevant.

Lets say now, after 30/35 years, I choose to start working P/T. Is my employer expected to not only maintain my current salary, but to increase it? I think not.

If I went from F/T to P/T, my insurance benefits would be cut; I may (not sure about this one) get a cut in pay, although I can guarantee that I wouldn't get a raise.

I'm glad Tony is living the life he wants, but don't hold TPTB ransom. Either work for P/T wages or retire.

#12   2013/10/25 07:51AM
    Mrs. Lansing

Quote IvyLeague:
    Quote Mrs. Lansing:
    Quote BringBackStarr: Anthony Geary (Luke Spencer) has reportedly been asked to take a pay SLASH. The report claims he now makes 1.5 million dollars a year for his 15-18 weeks a year. Reportedly (alledgedly) FV has asked him to take a cut to 750,000 dollars a year. The story goes on to mention Maurice Benard----Saying MB doesnt make nearly what AG makes, and he works full time. If the show and actor don't come to terms, a recast is unlikely, leaving the only option to be Lukes passing. The story reports that AG doesnt need the money and OK with exiting over a pay slash.

I read the full story spread in this weeks globe---a well renowned tabloid respected by millions.

The Globe? The tabloid who's front page is usually reserved for an exclusive about how someone is really an alien from outer space? Oh my! Is this where your secret sources are from?

The Globe is highly regarded for its investigative reporting. They were in the forefront of exposing liberal icon John Edwards' deceits.

LOL! Thank you for proving my point about the Globe. Anyone can Google this Murdock rag and see for themselves, I suppose.

#13   2013/10/25 08:12AM
    xseannax

Sure he has been a GH staple for decades, but soaps are in serious jeopardy now. Having so much money going to 1 person when he is off the canvas for long stretches doesn't really make financial sense. If he wants the 1.5 and won't agree to take a cut or won't agree to work the full filming schedule to justify his price tag then it's time for Luke to come to a fiery end.

#14   2013/10/25 08:31AM
    KLeigh818

I am perfectly OK with Tony leaving at this point - matter of fact it is a good time to have him killed off. We all know no one is in danger of staying dead and maybe they can use that extra million to improve the sets.
    Tony does not drive ad dollars and keeping him on for a few months of work at this rate is absurd.
    I would rather have Genie back. I think it sucked that they had that contrived ending with Scott because they wanted to keep him but not her.
    Keeping Tony instead when his story lines are really nothing to write home about anymore makes no sense IMO.

#15   2013/10/25 08:31AM
    IvyLeague

Quote Mrs. Lansing:
    Quote IvyLeague:
    Quote Mrs. Lansing:
    Quote BringBackStarr: Anthony Geary (Luke Spencer) has reportedly been asked to take a pay SLASH. The report claims he now makes 1.5 million dollars a year for his 15-18 weeks a year. Reportedly (alledgedly) FV has asked him to take a cut to 750,000 dollars a year. The story goes on to mention Maurice Benard----Saying MB doesnt make nearly what AG makes, and he works full time. If the show and actor don't come to terms, a recast is unlikely, leaving the only option to be Lukes passing. The story reports that AG doesnt need the money and OK with exiting over a pay slash.

I read the full story spread in this weeks globe---a well renowned tabloid respected by millions.

The Globe? The tabloid who's front page is usually reserved for an exclusive about how someone is really an alien from outer space? Oh my! Is this where your secret sources are from?

The Globe is highly regarded for its investigative reporting. They were in the forefront of exposing liberal icon John Edwards' deceits.

LOL! Thank you for proving my point about the Globe. Anyone can Google this Murdock rag and see for themselves, I suppose.

Lol. Its truly a shame rags like thæse break The stories ahead øf former bastions øf respectable news sources. I think The nets these days only Care to carry puff pieces as filler for their night Schedules, truly sad.

#16   2013/10/25 08:45AM
    Mrs. Lansing

Quote IvyLeague:
    Quote Mrs. Lansing:
    Quote IvyLeague:
    Quote Mrs. Lansing:

Lol. Its truly a shame rags like thæse break The stories ahead øf former bastions øf respectable news sources. I think The nets these days only Care to carry puff pieces as filler for their night Schedules, truly sad.

Oh I agree the corporate media (CNN Fox MSNBC NBC CBS ABC etc.) are complete shams for the establishment, but I would hardly think the Globe would be considered "highly regarded" or is exempt from its own propaganda.
    There are plenty of reputable, albeit few, independent news sources that are reliable and do engage in real investigative journalism; however, I do not believe IMO that the Globe is one of them.

#17   2013/10/25 10:47AM
    hotspice58

I love AT but he hasn't had a decent story in awhile. For the good of the soap, he needs to either take the cut or leave.

#18   2013/10/25 11:46AM
    SonnylovesEmily

Let Tony go because I'd rather have Tristan Rogers/Robert Scorpio back on GH any day. Over the last 20 years I've been so sick of Luke and the whole Spencer family.

#19   2013/10/25 12:21PM
    Fairoaks

hope he takes lulu with him when he leaves.

#20   2013/10/25 05:20PM
    ktmom

I think the money could be put to better use. If it keeps the show on longer, I will be okay without Luke. (Even though I enjoy the character.)

« 1 2 3 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list