List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: Report---MAJOR GH actor in salary dispute? EXIT?

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Report---MAJOR GH actor in salary dispute? EXIT?

Started by BringBackStarr at 2013/10/24 01:26PM
    Latest post: 2013/10/28 05:54AM, Views: 5411, Replies: 28
    1 2 3 » »| page:
    #1   2013/10/24 01:26PM
    Report---MAJOR GH actor in salary dispute? EXIT?
    BringBackStarr

Anthony Geary (Luke Spencer) has reportedly been asked to take a pay SLASH. The report claims he now makes 1.5 million dollars a year for his 15-18 weeks a year. Reportedly (alledgedly) FV has asked him to take a cut to 750,000 dollars a year. The story goes on to mention Maurice Benard----Saying MB doesnt make nearly what AG makes, and he works full time. If the show and actor don't come to terms, a recast is unlikely, leaving the only option to be Lukes passing. The story reports that AG doesnt need the money and OK with exiting over a pay slash.

I read the full story spread in this weeks globe---a well renowned tabloid respected by millions.

#2   2013/10/24 01:57PM
    Re: Report---MAJOR GH actor in salary dispute? EXIT?
    ktmom

Quote BringBackStarr: Anthony Geary (Luke Spencer) has reportedly been asked to take a pay SLASH. The report claims he now makes 1.5 million dollars a year for his 15-18 weeks a year. Reportedly (alledgedly) FV has asked him to take a cut to 750,000 dollars a year. The story goes on to mention Maurice Benard----Saying MB doesnt make nearly what AG makes, and he works full time. If the show and actor don't come to terms, a recast is unlikely, leaving the only option to be Lukes passing. The story reports that AG doesnt need the money and OK with exiting over a pay slash.

I read the full story spread in this weeks globe---a well renowned tabloid respected by millions.

I like Luke, but I am okay if he goes. He is not on the show often enough to make a huge difference.

If he goes, I will miss his relationship with Spanky. I can't remember the last time he had an amazing scene. I guess it was when he was on the lam with Laura whilst looking for Lulu.

#3   2013/10/24 02:01PM
    Mrs. Lansing

Quote BringBackStarr: Anthony Geary (Luke Spencer) has reportedly been asked to take a pay SLASH. The report claims he now makes 1.5 million dollars a year for his 15-18 weeks a year. Reportedly (alledgedly) FV has asked him to take a cut to 750,000 dollars a year. The story goes on to mention Maurice Benard----Saying MB doesnt make nearly what AG makes, and he works full time. If the show and actor don't come to terms, a recast is unlikely, leaving the only option to be Lukes passing. The story reports that AG doesnt need the money and OK with exiting over a pay slash.

The Globe? The tabloid who's front page is usually reserved for an exclusive about how someone is really an alien from outer space? Oh my! Is this where your secret sources are from?

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/10/24 02:02PM
    #4   2013/10/24 02:08PM
    BringBackStarr

Quote Mrs. Lansing:

The Globe? The tabloid who's front page is usually reserved for an exclusive about how someone is really an alien from outer space? Oh my! Is this where your secret sources are from?

First of all----The Globe does not do "alien" stories. Second, It was a full page spread.

#5   2013/10/24 03:14PM
    Mrs. Lansing

Quote BringBackStarr:
    Quote Mrs. Lansing:

First of all----The Globe does not do "alien" stories. Second, It was a full page spread.

Oh then that must have been Rupert Murdock on the cover that I had mistaken for an alien. I do know of one person who would purchase the Globe, but he didn't read it just used it for TP.

#6   2013/10/24 03:32PM
    Bettie Davis

You are right bestie, I herd this today on The Wendy Willam's show and she hope's Anthony Geary takes the pay cut I hope he does too he has been on GH for 35 years.

#7   2013/10/24 06:23PM
    Peach54

I also saw the report on Wendy today. I also agree with Wendy, when you look at what people make on TV today, it's hard to believe a main character like Luke after 35 years was only getting paid 1.5M. Now to me that is a lot of money but in "Starland" it is a slap in the face. But Luke is now 66 years old and has a lot of time off. I would hate to see him go because GH needs the veterans. So I guess we will wait and see what his decision is.

#8   2013/10/24 06:38PM
    BringBackStarr

Quote Bettie Davis:

You are right bestie, I herd this today on The Wendy Willam's show and she hope's Anthony Geary takes the pay cut I hope he does too he has been on GH for 35 years.

Awwwwww....Thanks for having my back.

I have mixed feelings about it. You know, we see Luke on these summer write offs (for silly reasons), and I notice the fans get frustrated because it slows storylines down. There IS something to be said for going out on YOUR terms (like Susan Flannery---Stephanie on BB did). I do like Luke---But I also cringe at his story exits...

#9   2013/10/24 08:51PM
    jl4ever

If Susan Lucci took a paycut to keep AMC on the air then AG needs to bite the bullet, because he only works 18 weeks out of the year!

#10   2013/10/25 03:25AM
    IvyLeague

Quote Mrs. Lansing:

The Globe is highly regarded for its investigative reporting. They were in the forefront of exposing liberal icon John Edwards' deceits.

1 2 3 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list