List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: I guess Lulu forgot that she isn’t squeaky clean

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

I guess Lulu forgot that she isn’t squeaky clean

Started by irisj728 at 2013/10/21 12:02PM
    Latest post: 2013/11/14 07:06PM, Views: 4825, Replies: 41
    « 1 2 3 4 5 » »| page:
    #31   2013/11/13 06:06PM
    Re: I guess Lulu forgot that she isn’t squeaky clean
    irishrose0304

I would like Spinelli and Maxie to get their daughter and get married so they can be a real family.

#32   2013/11/13 06:14PM
    oliveyou

I was disgusted by the preview revealing that Lulu is using Robin's "death" against Maxie. Downright low.

#33   2013/11/13 08:09PM
    CrazyLilMick

Hello all, new to the board but have been following it for awhile now. IMO, the writers blew a chance at a more unique way of playing this out. The whole 'baby battle' storyline gets old. What I would have liked to see was a way to keep the Maxie/Lulu friendship since they are the only ones who really understand the other. Yes, Lulu deserves to be hurt and angry. Yes, Maxie should feel guilty. Only real reason Maxie is looking to get custody is out of fear that she'd never see her. At some point, the child will know the truth. What then? Lulu and Dante will lose "their daughter" in the long run once "Connie" finds out they kept her from her bio parents. If Lulu didn't threaten Maxie with 'you won't be in her life' then Maxie wouldn't be acting out of fear. The writers could have gone with a different twist. Lulu could have talked to Maxie like an adult, convinced Maxie that she'd be allowed to remain in the child's life...maybe even agree to a co-parenting agreement where both couples are involved in the raising of the baby. If Maxie gets custody she's going to need a sitter when she works. Lulu doesn't work, but packs up and goes at a whim chasing Luke around, so she'd need a sitter. Spinelli's work is random and Dante works full time or follows Lulu around the world. If the writers worked this a different way, all four would be involved and the child would always be left with a 'parent' instead of a sitter or grandparent. Treat it as a divorced couple case. Children are always used as pawns to hurt the other parent and it's kind of heartbreaking to always see it. This is just an idea.

#34   2013/11/13 09:44PM
    unlimited

[quote]Quote unlimited: [quote]Quote irisj728: [quote]Quote unlimited: The [quote]Quote irisj728: [quote]
    "Acting so crazed all the time" REALLY...??? If someone is threatening to take your child you ARE crazed ALL the time. You can't eat, sleep or think. Lulu is playing the part. Right now her loyalty is not to Maxie, the person that caused the mess in the first place. Her loyalty is to Connie, her baby, nothing means more...... Mazie is not a bad person but, she is a person that does not have COMMON sense and she does not think things through. She is always doing something that makes no sense, but for her, it is logical. That is because she has the mentality of a child, she is not fit to raise one. Now, Spinelli is getting back with Ellie, Maxie sure cannot handled the baby now. But, the one thing we cannot forget is after Maxie knew that Lulu knew the baby was not her, Maxie still insisted that Lulu COULD STILL HAVE THE BABY.. it wasn't until her Mom's mentioned that she could get custody that she gave it any serious thought. Lulu and Dante may not get the baby, as they are not the bio parents, but, Maxie did them a terrible injustice and she should pay. And everyone has to admit, whether you like Maxie or Lulu, none of this would have happen IF MAXIE would have told the TRUTH in the begining. NEVER lie, it will catch up with you.[/quote]

How do you determine the cost of Maxie’s “injustice”? Can you honestly believe that she should be forced to relinquish her child as payment for her actions? That would truly be a monumental injustice. I agree that Maxie has marshmallows shaped like a brain at times but, she is the mother and wants her baby. No capable person should be forced to give up their child to make another person happy. Maxie has done nothing to suggest that she is an unfit mother and deserves the chance to parent. Even in adoptions, both parents are given a time period to reclaim their child. Should Maxie and Spinelli be denied that right just to make Lulu happy? What happened to Lulu was unfortunate but, people can’t be traded or given away. You can’t just take one you like and call it your own. Connie/Georgie is not Lulu’s baby. Parental rights were not given away or taken from Maxie or Spinelli. No adoption occurred. What was said in the church means nothing, some people spurt nonsense when under pressure.
    If you feel it is compensation that Lulu and Dante deserves for the injustice done to them, it should be in a monetary form not a human being.[/quote]

The good thing about a message board is that we do not have to agree.......and we don't. I am not a person that has watched GH for a long time. I started when the characters of OLTL came over. My first memory of Maxie is when Spenelli
    was confessing his love and she could not be bothered. She was in love with a guy that was going to jail and she married him so that she would not have to testify against him.( he committed the crime) Next, when Spenelli met Ellie and wanted a relationship with her, Maxie got jealous and wanted
    him back. So to pacify herself and to try to get over Spenilli, she decides to be Lulu's surrogate. Lulu gave her many times to back out, Maxie BEGGED for the job. So being the "responsible adult" that she is, she decided to have unprotected sex with a man that she KNEW was in LOVE with another woman. ELLIE... Wah la, she get pregnant with Spenelli's baby and she had amble time to tell the truth, especially after Ellie busted her out, but NO she had to do it her way. She has never learned that "actions have consequences" even for her. She says she wants the baby, and she may think she does, but, what about when something better or more exciting comes along,???? Her parents had to plant the seed for her to try to get custody of Connie, she was still ok with Lulu and Dante having the baby. Now, you want her to TRY? , and she should be given a CHANCE? , to raise the baby. Well, with her history and background would you really subject a small child to that??? As a last resort Spenelli should take his baby and get out of Dodge....This is not about making Lulu happy, or about any monetary compensation, it is about the best thing for the baby,a baby that should be raised wih morale convictions and who would be raised to be an asset to society, not a person who lies constantly.[/quote]

I suppose we won't agree.
    Your synopsis appears one sided. You seem to forget that Lulu also is morally bankrupt. It was Lulu who seduced a married man, it was Lulu who killed a man and agreed to keep it a secret (I know that they both had a part in the secret).It was Lulu who decided to befriend a known mobster and go into business with him. It is she who on one hand condemns the likes of Sonny but defends Johnny. How does she justify Luke’s actions…? I see, in Lulu’s world morality is flexible. I don’t believe the morality argument will work…

As for teaching a child to be a productive member of society, I would argue that Lulu is not mentor material. It is Maxie who has a steady career, not a job. Maxie loves what she does for a living and is very good at it. What does Lulu do? Oh yes, she goes into business with a mobster, places herself in precarious situations then complains when things go wrong.

Why would you say Spinelli should be a last resort? When are father's last resorts? Spinelli has a lot less negative history than either of them. Maxie and Spinelli have more parental rights to the baby by virtue of being her natural parents than any verbal contract/statement made in the church.

I guess we will have to wait and see how this plays out. [/quote]
    It seems that your synopsis was off base. that sweet little Maxie was busy, with another woman's husband and the things she did was unexcusable. Breaking up a family so that you can have the man that you want, with no regard to his wife and kids, that is not a person with strong morals. And then lying about a miscarriage???? PLEASE>>>> As stated before Maxie wants what she wants, when she wants it like a 2 yr old and when she is tired she wants to move on.

#35   2013/11/14 05:59AM
    Mother of an...

Maxie and Lulu are mirror images of one another. Maxie went after Lulu's married brother, faked a pregnancy, got drugs for Lucky, and then faked a miscarriage when she couldn't get pregnant to trap Lucky. She's slept around, and has been involved with Spin who lived with a mobster.

Lulu went after Dillon, who was married to Georgie at the time, all the while was still stringing along Milo and Johnny. She got pregnant, and broke up Dillon's marriage. Then she decided that she didn't want the child, and was going to abort it, telling Dillon that he had no say in the matter, even tho he was the father. In the end Dillon caved and dropped his lawsuit to make her go through with the pregnancy and surrender her rights to the child. She killed Logan, even tho it was self defense and covered it up. She has had a mental breakdown that required being committed. She has also gone into business with the mob, opening the Haunted Star with Johnny Z.

On paper, neither sounds like a fit parent. However, since neither is in jail or institutionalized at present, if either were to get pregnant and give birth tho their own flesh and blood, no court would be deliberating if they were a fit parent. Especially since neither has been a parent before to show if they would be a good parent or unfit.

Through this whole mess, Lulu has shown me she is not the fit parent. I've been through a divorce, my ex leaves much to be desired, including in the parenting department. I never sought to take away my ex's rights to see his child, even when my son begged me to. I did get court orders to prevent my ex from doing things that weren't in my son's best interest, but overall, it wasn't in my son's best interest to remove him from his father's life. We spent over a decade with a therapist to get him to understand that if his father could do better, he would. It would have been a much easier for me to take the child from his father and be done with it, but that wasn't best for the child.

Maxie made some horrible mistakes. Lulu and Dante did grow to love the child Maxie was carrying. Upon finding out that Maxie was the child's mother, and that Maxie wanted a place in her child's life, Lulu tried to excommunicate Maxie. Lulu is not putting the child's welfare first. She's putting her wants and wishes first.

People who put children up for adoption are given a time frame to reclaim their children because many do not realize the ramifications of relinquishing their child. Fathers who do no know they have become a parent are given rights to claim their children as well.

Lulu and Dante have every right to be mad, hurt, brokenhearted, but they contracted with Maxie to carry their biological child. This child is not theirs. It is Maxie's and Spinelli's. Surrogate contracts are very specific, and legally, they don't have the rights to try and claim a child that is not biologically theirs, which is why they have to sue. They are putting their own wants and needs ahead of that of the child. Any child would want to be with their biological parents if those parents were willing and able and this is obviously not something that Lante are considering.

Of course this is a soap, and what the courts would and would not do, or the real laws won't be applied, but even so, I still see Lante as forcing the baby and Spin to pay for Maxie's mistake.

#36   2013/11/14 06:27AM
    Bizlet

Quote Mother of an Angel: Maxie and Lulu are mirror images of one another. Maxie went after Lulu's married brother, faked a pregnancy, got drugs for Lucky, and then faked a miscarriage when she couldn't get pregnant to trap Lucky. She's slept around, and has been involved with Spin who lived with a mobster.

Lulu went after Dillon, who was married to Georgie at the time, all the while was still stringing along Milo and Johnny. She got pregnant, and broke up Dillon's marriage. Then she decided that she didn't want the child, and was going to abort it, telling Dillon that he had no say in the matter, even tho he was the father. In the end Dillon caved and dropped his lawsuit to make her go through with the pregnancy and surrender her rights to the child. She killed Logan, even tho it was self defense and covered it up. She has had a mental breakdown that required being committed. She has also gone into business with the mob, opening the Haunted Star with Johnny Z.

On paper, neither sounds like a fit parent. However, since neither is in jail or institutionalized at present, if either were to get pregnant and give birth tho their own flesh and blood, no court would be deliberating if they were a fit parent. Especially since neither has been a parent before to show if they would be a good parent or unfit.

Through this whole mess, Lulu has shown me she is not the fit parent. I've been through a divorce, my ex leaves much to be desired, including in the parenting department. I never sought to take away my ex's rights to see his child, even when my son begged me to. I did get court orders to prevent my ex from doing things that weren't in my son's best interest, but overall, it wasn't in my son's best interest to remove him from his father's life. We spent over a decade with a therapist to get him to understand that if his father could do better, he would. It would have been a much easier for me to take the child from his father and be done with it, but that wasn't best for the child.

Maxie made some horrible mistakes. Lulu and Dante did grow to love the child Maxie was carrying. Upon finding out that Maxie was the child's mother, and that Maxie wanted a place in her child's life, Lulu tried to excommunicate Maxie. Lulu is not putting the child's welfare first. She's putting her wants and wishes first.

People who put children up for adoption are given a time frame to reclaim their children because many do not realize the ramifications of relinquishing their child. Fathers who do no know they have become a parent are given rights to claim their children as well.

Lulu and Dante have every right to be mad, hurt, brokenhearted, but they contracted with Maxie to carry their biological child. This child is not theirs. It is Maxie's and Spinelli's. Surrogate contracts are very specific, and legally, they don't have the rights to try and claim a child that is not biologically theirs, which is why they have to sue. They are putting their own wants and needs ahead of that of the child. Any child would want to be with their biological parents if those parents were willing and able and this is obviously not something that Lante are considering.

Of course this is a soap, and what the courts would and would not do, or the real laws won't be applied, but even so, I still see Lante as forcing the baby and Spin to pay for Maxie's mistake.

I fear the real law won't be applied as well. I know Kristen Storms has to go off screen bc of maternity leave. So imagine Maxie is going to lose this and go the run with Connie/Georgie, but I have heard rumors that Emma Ryan will not be renewed for Lulu. So I could see Lante losing and Lulu going on the run with baby Spixie will follow this will be Kristen Storms maternity leave.

#37   2013/11/14 11:44AM
    olga vqz.

I hate the way this trial is going, I cannot stand Lulu. I hope Diane puts her on the stand and tears her up. I hope they don't get the baby.

#38   2013/11/14 12:17PM
    Nightmoves

I have not read this entire thread so I'm not sure if this has been mentioned.

Should Lulu and Dante win, keep Connie and raise her as their own, what happens when Connie grows up and finds out the truth? I would think she would not be happy that her parents lied to her and dragged her birth mother through the mud like this. Also she will have never known that Spinelli was her real father.

I think Lulu and Dante should have also thought of this before pursuing custody.

#39   2013/11/14 12:24PM
    irisj728

Quote olga vqz.: I hate the way this trial is going, I cannot stand Lulu. I hope Diane puts her on the stand and tears her up. I hope they don't get the baby.

I agree, I hope Diane is aggressive with her questioning of Lulu. I also hope Diane has some type of proof regarding Logan or anything else she brings up as I can see Lulu lying where Maxie openly admitted to her faults.

#40   2013/11/14 12:33PM
    oltllover

Quote irisj728:
    Quote olga vqz.: I hate the way this trial is going, I cannot stand Lulu. I hope Diane puts her on the stand and tears her up. I hope they don't get the baby.

I agree, I hope Diane is aggressive with her questioning of Lulu. I also hope Diane has some type of proof regarding Logan or anything else she brings up as I can see Lulu lying where Maxie openly admitted to her faults.

I hope she has proof to, there was a court case years ago and Lulu ended up in a mental institution so its all public record I would think maxie already told her all of this and Diane is a dam good lawyer she would have proof if she needs it. and sorry Lulu fans but she had this coming to her.

« 1 2 3 4 5 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list