List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: I guess Lulu forgot that she isn’t squeaky clean

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

I guess Lulu forgot that she isn’t squeaky clean

Started by irisj728 at 2013/10/21 12:02PM
    Latest post: 2013/11/14 07:06PM, Views: 4742, Replies: 41
    « 1 2 3 4 5 » »| page:
    #21   2013/11/01 05:47AM
    Re: I guess Lulu forgot that she isn’t squeaky clean
    irisj728

"Acting so crazed all the time" REALLY...??? If someone is threatening to take your child you ARE crazed ALL the time. You can't eat, sleep or think. Lulu is playing the part. Right now her loyalty is not to Maxie, the person that caused the mess in the first place. Her loyalty is to Connie, her baby, nothing means more...... Mazie is not a bad person but, she is a person that does not have COMMON sense and she does not think things through. She is always doing something that makes no sense, but for her, it is logical. That is because she has the mentality of a child, she is not fit to raise one. Now, Spinelli is getting back with Ellie, Maxie sure cannot handled the baby now. But, the one thing we cannot forget is after Maxie knew that Lulu knew the baby was not her, Maxie still insisted that Lulu COULD STILL HAVE THE BABY.. it wasn't until her Mom's mentioned that she could get custody that she gave it any serious thought. Lulu and Dante may not get the baby, as they are not the bio parents, but, Maxie did them a terrible injustice and she should pay. And everyone has to admit, whether you like Maxie or Lulu, none of this would have happen IF MAXIE would have told the TRUTH in the begining. NEVER lie, it will catch up with you.

How do you determine the cost of Maxie’s “injustice”? Can you honestly believe that she should be forced to relinquish her child as payment for her actions? That would truly be a monumental injustice. I agree that Maxie has marshmallows shaped like a brain at times but, she is the mother and wants her baby. No capable person should be forced to give up their child to make another person happy. Maxie has done nothing to suggest that she is an unfit mother and deserves the chance to parent. Even in adoptions, both parents are given a time period to reclaim their child. Should Maxie and Spinelli be denied that right just to make Lulu happy? What happened to Lulu was unfortunate but, people can’t be traded or given away. You can’t just take one you like and call it your own. Connie/Georgie is not Lulu’s baby. Parental rights were not given away or taken from Maxie or Spinelli. No adoption occurred. What was said in the church means nothing, some people spurt nonsense when under pressure.
    If you feel it is compensation that Lulu and Dante deserves for the injustice done to them, it should be in a monetary form not a human being.

#22   2013/11/01 10:50PM
    unlimited

The

Quote irisj728:

"Acting so crazed all the time" REALLY...??? If someone is threatening to take your child you ARE crazed ALL the time. You can't eat, sleep or think. Lulu is playing the part. Right now her loyalty is not to Maxie, the person that caused the mess in the first place. Her loyalty is to Connie, her baby, nothing means more...... Mazie is not a bad person but, she is a person that does not have COMMON sense and she does not think things through. She is always doing something that makes no sense, but for her, it is logical. That is because she has the mentality of a child, she is not fit to raise one. Now, Spinelli is getting back with Ellie, Maxie sure cannot handled the baby now. But, the one thing we cannot forget is after Maxie knew that Lulu knew the baby was not her, Maxie still insisted that Lulu COULD STILL HAVE THE BABY.. it wasn't until her Mom's mentioned that she could get custody that she gave it any serious thought. Lulu and Dante may not get the baby, as they are not the bio parents, but, Maxie did them a terrible injustice and she should pay. And everyone has to admit, whether you like Maxie or Lulu, none of this would have happen IF MAXIE would have told the TRUTH in the begining. NEVER lie, it will catch up with you.

How do you determine the cost of Maxie’s “injustice”? Can you honestly believe that she should be forced to relinquish her child as payment for her actions? That would truly be a monumental injustice. I agree that Maxie has marshmallows shaped like a brain at times but, she is the mother and wants her baby. No capable person should be forced to give up their child to make another person happy. Maxie has done nothing to suggest that she is an unfit mother and deserves the chance to parent. Even in adoptions, both parents are given a time period to reclaim their child. Should Maxie and Spinelli be denied that right just to make Lulu happy? What happened to Lulu was unfortunate but, people can’t be traded or given away. You can’t just take one you like and call it your own. Connie/Georgie is not Lulu’s baby. Parental rights were not given away or taken from Maxie or Spinelli. No adoption occurred. What was said in the church means nothing, some people spurt nonsense when under pressure.
    If you feel it is compensation that Lulu and Dante deserves for the injustice done to them, it should be in a monetary form not a human being.

The good thing about a message board is that we do not have to agree.......and we don't. I am not a person that has watched GH for a long time. I started when the characters of OLTL came over. My first memory of Maxie is when Spenelli
    was confessing his love and she could not be bothered. She was in love with a guy that was going to jail and she married him so that she would not have to testify against him.( he committed the crime) Next, when Spenelli met Ellie and wanted a relationship with her, Maxie got jealous and wanted
    him back. So to pacify herself and to try to get over Spenilli, she decides to be Lulu's surrogate. Lulu gave her many times to back out, Maxie BEGGED for the job. So being the "responsible adult" that she is, she decided to have unprotected sex with a man that she KNEW was in LOVE with another woman. ELLIE... Wah la, she get pregnant with Spenelli's baby and she had amble time to tell the truth, especially after Ellie busted her out, but NO she had to do it her way. She has never learned that "actions have consequences" even for her. She says she wants the baby, and she may think she does, but, what about when something better or more exciting comes along,???? Her parents had to plant the seed for her to try to get custody of Connie, she was still ok with Lulu and Dante having the baby. Now, you want her to TRY? , and she should be given a CHANCE? , to raise the baby. Well, with her history and background would you really subject a small child to that??? As a last resort Spenelli should take his baby and get out of Dodge....This is not about making Lulu happy, or about any monetary compensation, it is about the best thing for the baby,a baby that should be raised wih morale convictions and who would be raised to be an asset to society, not a person who lies constantly.

#23   2013/11/06 08:19PM
    irisj728

Quote unlimited: The
    Quote irisj728:

The good thing about a message board is that we do not have to agree.......and we don't. I am not a person that has watched GH for a long time. I started when the characters of OLTL came over. My first memory of Maxie is when Spenelli
    was confessing his love and she could not be bothered. She was in love with a guy that was going to jail and she married him so that she would not have to testify against him.( he committed the crime) Next, when Spenelli met Ellie and wanted a relationship with her, Maxie got jealous and wanted
    him back. So to pacify herself and to try to get over Spenilli, she decides to be Lulu's surrogate. Lulu gave her many times to back out, Maxie BEGGED for the job. So being the "responsible adult" that she is, she decided to have unprotected sex with a man that she KNEW was in LOVE with another woman. ELLIE... Wah la, she get pregnant with Spenelli's baby and she had amble time to tell the truth, especially after Ellie busted her out, but NO she had to do it her way. She has never learned that "actions have consequences" even for her. She says she wants the baby, and she may think she does, but, what about when something better or more exciting comes along,???? Her parents had to plant the seed for her to try to get custody of Connie, she was still ok with Lulu and Dante having the baby. Now, you want her to TRY? , and she should be given a CHANCE? , to raise the baby. Well, with her history and background would you really subject a small child to that??? As a last resort Spenelli should take his baby and get out of Dodge....This is not about making Lulu happy, or about any monetary compensation, it is about the best thing for the baby,a baby that should be raised wih morale convictions and who would be raised to be an asset to society, not a person who lies constantly.

I suppose we won't agree.
    Your synopsis appears one sided. You seem to forget that Lulu also is morally bankrupt. It was Lulu who seduced a married man, it was Lulu who killed a man and agreed to keep it a secret (I know that they both had a part in the secret).It was Lulu who decided to befriend a known mobster and go into business with him. It is she who on one hand condemns the likes of Sonny but defends Johnny. How does she justify Luke’s actions…? I see, in Lulu’s world morality is flexible. I don’t believe the morality argument will work…

As for teaching a child to be a productive member of society, I would argue that Lulu is not mentor material. It is Maxie who has a steady career, not a job. Maxie loves what she does for a living and is very good at it. What does Lulu do? Oh yes, she goes into business with a mobster, places herself in precarious situations then complains when things go wrong.

Why would you say Spinelli should be a last resort? When are father's last resorts? Spinelli has a lot less negative history than either of them. Maxie and Spinelli have more parental rights to the baby by virtue of being her natural parents than any verbal contract/statement made in the church.

I guess we will have to wait and see how this plays out.

#24   2013/11/07 11:04PM
    unlimited

Quote irisj728:
    Quote unlimited: The
    Quote irisj728:

I suppose we won't agree.
    Your synopsis appears one sided. You seem to forget that Lulu also is morally bankrupt. It was Lulu who seduced a married man, it was Lulu who killed a man and agreed to keep it a secret (I know that they both had a part in the secret).It was Lulu who decided to befriend a known mobster and go into business with him. It is she who on one hand condemns the likes of Sonny but defends Johnny. How does she justify Luke’s actions…? I see, in Lulu’s world morality is flexible. I don’t believe the morality argument will work…

As for teaching a child to be a productive member of society, I would argue that Lulu is not mentor material. It is Maxie who has a steady career, not a job. Maxie loves what she does for a living and is very good at it. What does Lulu do? Oh yes, she goes into business with a mobster, places herself in precarious situations then complains when things go wrong.

Why would you say Spinelli should be a last resort? When are father's last resorts? Spinelli has a lot less negative history than either of them. Maxie and Spinelli have more parental rights to the baby by virtue of being her natural parents than any verbal contract/statement made in the church.

I guess we will have to wait and see how this plays out.

It should prove interesting. Hopefully, they won't drag it out too long and we can move on.

#25   2013/11/08 05:03PM
    Mother of an...

This story reminds me why at one point in time I called the character Shrewlu. Now, I thought the whole thing was ridiculous from the start. No doctor would ever consider a heart transplant patient as suitable for surrogacy. Just not gonna happen.

Maxie screwed up when she didn't tell Lante about her miscarriage. However, for once in her life, Maxie was genuinely being generous and selfless. She didn't plan the pregnancy (which in reality is impossible to miscarry and get pregnant within 24 hours RME)but while totally misguided, she believed she could make the ultimate sacrifice-give up her child so Shrewlu wouldn't have to lose hers.

Yep-Maxie is at fault all the way. I get that Shrewlu has the right to be upset over the loss of her child, and Maxie's deception, but she doesn't see at all what Maxie was willing to do for her, she's that short sighted and self absorbed. Needless to say, Spin didn't know he was the father, and Shrewlu is denying him his rights as well. He wasn't complicit in this, and as much as it sucks, hurts, etc., Lante have no leg to stand on when he told them he wanted to raise his child.

From a legal standpoint, when there are surrogates involved, there are differing contracts involved. These differ according to circumstance and state. Lante had a gestational surrogate contract signed. This means that they were entitled to custody of their biological child Maxie was carrying before the miscarriage. These contracts are necessary because by law, most individuals who give birth are considered the legal mother, even if the woman giving birth is not biologically related to the child. In traditional surrogacy, where it is the surrogate's egg that is used, they get both a surrogacy contract and an intent to surrender parental rights contract signed before birth. When Maxie lost the Lante baby, the contract became null and void. No matter what Maxie and Spin said, the child is theirs since they did not sign away their rights.

In the real world, parents are screw ups. Kids are still returned to them whenever possible. It is the ultimate goal of DSS to reunite biological families.

I wasn't thrilled with Lulu when she came to GH as a SORAS'd teen. She was not my cup of tea. Maybe it was because she was forced down our throats as the net it girl, and every 20 something male instantly fell in love with her without plausibility. As time moved on, I grew to tolerate, then even like her. This story has set me back tremendously in my tolerance of the character. I get that she's grieving her child, but to turn around and expect someone else to give up their flesh and blood to soothe her hurt, it's heartless and selfish. To be as mean spirited as she was to Maxie, she's truly Carly Jr.

#26   2013/11/08 06:21PM
    unlimited

Not even close. There is only one Carly.

#27   2013/11/08 09:02PM
    genhospchat

Quote unlimited:
    Quote cardgirl: I guess I could feel bad for Lulu if she was not letting her anger lead her. Maxie made a very very bad mistake, and it was unfair of her to not allow Lante to mourn their own child when she had the miscarriage. But accusing Maxie of miscarrying on purpose is not fair. Maxie makes really bad decisions when she is backed into a corner. She did not want to disappoint Lante and now she is paying for doing just that.

I also could feel bad for Lulu if she was not being so freaking hateful....Maxie is so remorseful she is truly sorry for what she did, but she should not have to be so sorry as to give up a child she loves.

And Lulu claiming she was the more fit mother because she has been taking care of Connie for what? eight weeks? Please give me a break. That does not make her a fit mother it makes her able to provide child care. I know she love the baby, and she has a right to be hurt and mad, but it was not fair of her to accuse Maxie of only wanting the baby because it was the latest trend.

I was cheering when Maxie reminded Lulu that just like Lulu knows every bad thing Maxie has ever done, Maxie knows every bad thing Lulu has done. Both of them have done some really deplorable things, but if you put them side by side, neither will come out squeaky clean. Still, Maxie should have her child.

This reminds me of the story of Solaman and the baby. He decided to cut the baby in half so each mother could have the child...but the real mother gave in and let the other mother keep the child because she did not want it killed. This is how he knew who the real mother was. I think Maxie would step up way before Lulu.

I could also have more sympathy for Lulu if she was not acting so crazed all the time. JMB would have been all out mad but she would not have acted crazy I don't think.

Applause, applause! Agree completely!

#28   2013/11/08 09:22PM
    genhospchat

Quote irisj728:

"What happened to Lulu was unfortunate but, people can’t be traded or given away. You can’t just take one you like and call it your own."

I don't recall that Lulu "took one she liked and called it her own" Maxie GAVE her one and called it Lante's (Dante is a part of this as well, not just Lulu). Just because it's Maxie's DNA doesn't mean that she is Maxie's. Maxie is the one that allowed Lulu to fall in love with the baby. Maxie is the one that allowed her to sign the birth certificate as Lante's. Maxie is the one that allowed the baby to be baptized as Lante's. Maxie is the one that lied for 10 months that the baby is Lante's. how in all that did Lulu just choose baby and call it her own? MAXIE is the one at fault here and she can't just say "whoops sorry I pulled a Maxie" (lied without caring about consequence, hurting someone as long as gets what she wants, being selfish to her needs over everyone else's, used to getting what she wants, everyone else be darned) and expects her to hand over the baby, a baby that MAXIE made to be Lante's, and think no one will fight her on it?

You are correct though, a baby should not just be given away, which is EXACTLY what MAXIE did!

#29   2013/11/13 03:16PM
    diag

Lulu is just as crazy as her mom and lets not forget she committed attempted murder on logan twice. She killed him when she stabbed him. She has mental issues and let's look at the fact that her dad is one step ahead of the law,mom is a nut, Lulu is obsessive and she was on the run with a criminal, Johnny Z. Her mom in law sees things and dad in law is a mob boss. So Maxie made bad moral choices, who hasn't, that doesn't prove she is unfit! Lulu needs to get another surrogate and plant her little egg in another oven. Diane should call Scott to the stand regarding his son's murder. Lulu was foul to say Maxie killed Robin. That was low even for her. In what world would she get the baby? I hate this storyline!

#30   2013/11/13 03:34PM
    Bizlet

Quote diag: Lulu is just as crazy as her mom and lets not forget she committed attempted murder on logan twice. She killed him when she stabbed him. She has mental issues and let's look at the fact that her dad is one step ahead of the law,mom is a nut, Lulu is obsessive and she was on the run with a criminal, Johnny Z. Her mom in law sees things and dad in law is a mob boss. So Maxie made bad moral choices, who hasn't, that doesn't prove she is unfit! Lulu needs to get another surrogate and plant her little egg in another oven. Diane should call Scott to the stand regarding his son's murder. Lulu was foul to say Maxie killed Robin. That was low even for her. In what world would she get the baby? I hate this storyline!

And you could see the way Alexis was going they were going to claim Maxie murdered Robin, now I wonder if Nik or Britt is going to make their way to proceeding tomorrow.
    In the first place you can't call an accident murder.
    In the second place and most importantly if the person that you supposed killed is still alive you are not Murderer.
    P

« 1 2 3 4 5 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list