List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: Please.... NO MORE!!!

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Please.... NO MORE!!!

Started by buffsta at 2013/10/21 10:34AM
    Latest post: 2013/10/31 05:01AM, Views: 3902, Replies: 54
    « 1 2 3 4 5 6 page:
    #51   2013/10/30 03:58PM
    Re: Please.... NO MORE!!!
    akita

Funny now. We'll see when the tables are turned how funny you find it. I guess ignorance comes with certain cultures so stay as you like. I honestly didn't think something so normal and logical would be that confusing to some. Go figure.

#52   2013/10/30 04:01PM
    Mrs. Lansing

Quote ReignOfTerror:
    Quote Hydrangea1953: I dont remember The Flying Nun rolling her Rs when she addressed her castmate, Carlos, on that TV show of the same name.

.......sigh
    When did Sally Field become a hispanic woman? ....Seriously??

....shaking my head...looking for a wall.

Hydrangea.....this is about a latina woman pronouncing "Carlos" the way it is supposed to be pronounced. Non Latinos normally do not pronounce them the same way. I hope this helped...cuz I need therapy right now! OY!

OH! I get it now! It's because the actors who play Carlos and Sabrina are Latino they must be doing this intentionally to shove their culture down "our" throats. It's completely clear now.

PLEASE NO MORE! LOL!

#53   2013/10/30 09:48PM
    genhospchat

Perhaps because when they were together before that's how they said each others names so they still do it?

Just like when Sonny says Michael's name "My-cole" or when he speaks of people from his hometown he does it with an accent? So why is it such a big deal the way Sabrina speaks, aside from some not liking Sabrina and going through the same repetitive "I'm right because I have nothing better to do"?

#54   2013/10/30 09:52PM
    genhospchat

Quote ReignOfTerror:
    Quote Hydrangea1953: I dont remember The Flying Nun rolling her Rs when she addressed her castmate, Carlos, on that TV show of the same name.

.......sigh

Hydrangea.....this is about a latina woman pronouncing "Carlos" the way it is supposed to be pronounced. Non Latinos normally do not pronounce them the same way. I hope this helped...cuz I need therapy right now! OY!

Don't let me bother you Reign. They (some not all) feel playing this game is fun but really makes them look not so great and laughed at BUT if they feel it makes 'me seem cool, let 'em have it!

Modified 1 times(s), last time at: 2013/10/30 09:54PM
    #55   2013/10/31 05:01AM
    akita

Quote Mrs. Lansing:
    Quote ReignOfTerror:

.......sigh

OH! I get it now! It's because the actors who play Carlos and Sabrina are Latino they must be doing this intentionally to shove their culture down "our" throats. It's completely clear now.

PLEASE NO MORE! LOL!

At least our cultures don't try to change the spelling of a word just bc we have trouble pronouncing it. Example you ask? HABANA................yes, that is the spelling. However, in order for the spelling to accommodate the WRONG pronounciation, the spelling here is HAVANA. Talk about ridiculous. LMAO.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list