List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: nulu needs to go

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

nulu needs to go

Started by mindysuu at 2013/10/12 08:04PM
    Latest post: 2013/10/27 01:37PM, Views: 1986, Replies: 20
    « 1 2 3 » »| page:
    #11   2013/10/14 03:03PM
    Re: nulu needs to go
    xseannax

Unfortunately JMB decided to leave, and to keep Lulu we had to have someone new. Lante had a great chemistry when JMB played the role but not all actors are going to have the same type of natural chemistry. Since Lulu came back she isn't the same Lulu, but so much of that has to do with the writers and not the actress. She came back with amnesia, jumped to her father dying, and now she has been betrayed by her best friend. The anger being portrayed by the actress is an important part of the baby story, and if JMB was still playing the part, we would still have that anger. We aren't going to see the same old Lulu in regards to Maxie for a very long time and it wouldn't be realistic to see that. JMB had her own take on the character, but usually the worst mistake a recast can make is try to be the character exactly how the previous person played it. Nulu gotta make it her own, and she is slowly doing that.

#12   2013/10/14 07:54PM
    CHATTERBOX22

Quote ReignOfTerror: I have to wonder if we do in fact ALL watch a different GH...to say the new lulu CAN'T act but others will say MB CAN? yeah ok.....I don't get it but to each their own.

I never EVER liked Lulu but I think the new lulu is over the top being Lulu. She acts NOTHING like the character is supposed to act and I think that's the problem.

I ageee

#13   2013/10/15 08:42PM
    mindysuu

Quote ghfanfare: Apparently there are others who feel as you. Here at soaps there is a thread called Vintage Lante that goes on for 13 pages about it. Guess you better have good self esteem if you're going to act in a soap and esp if you take on the role of a fan favorite.

Personally never having been a fan of the character of Lulu, I actually find this version more bearable. I think the actress has done well with the story and have no problem with the recast.

This actress whine whine and oh WHINE....she is way to wimpy to be a Spencer.... And her judgmental demeanor, is very tiring.
    Frankly I think she really sucks as Lulu and need to be replaced. We need a girl with a backbone who can think for herself....man didn't she learn anything from Tracy???

#14   2013/10/15 08:52PM
    ashuri-chan

Quote mindysuu:
    Quote ghfanfare: Apparently there are others who feel as you. Here at soaps there is a thread called Vintage Lante that goes on for 13 pages about it. Guess you better have good self esteem if you're going to act in a soap and esp if you take on the role of a fan favorite.

Personally never having been a fan of the character of Lulu, I actually find this version more bearable. I think the actress has done well with the story and have no problem with the recast.

This actress whine whine and oh WHINE....she is way to wimpy to be a Spencer.... And her judgmental demeanor, is very tiring.
    Frankly I think she really sucks as Lulu and need to be replaced. We need a girl with a backbone who can think for herself....man didn't she learn anything from Tracy???

Agreed! As for her acting, me personally, I just don't think this actress is right for this role. I could be wrong but maybe that is what other people mean as well when they say she can;t act.

But yeah I don't like this actress and I don;t think anyone else can do a superb or better job than JMB, she rocked it!

This new chick is just whiny and is quick to see the bad in people. And she is acting freaking mental with this whole baby thing. She is vindictive and just plan mean. I really wish Dante and her would break up. This should have been the end of them. They don't deserve the name Lante anymore.

#15   2013/10/16 09:28AM
    ghfanfare

Quote ashuri-chan:
    Quote mindysuu:

Agreed! As for her acting, me personally, I just don't think this actress is right for this role. I could be wrong but maybe that is what other people mean as well when they say she can;t act.

But yeah I don't like this actress and I don;t think anyone else can do a superb or better job than JMB, she rocked it!

This new chick is just whiny and is quick to see the bad in people. And she is acting freaking mental with this whole baby thing. She is vindictive and just plan mean. I really wish Dante and her would break up. This should have been the end of them. They don't deserve the name Lante anymore.

I recall quite a few scenes pre nululu of a vindictive, mean, judgmental lulu, also quite a bit of whining and weirdness when she was with Johnny. Lulu has always been an obnoxious spoiled b. So I am not seeing all that much difference except a new face.

#16   2013/10/16 11:27AM
    Howie79

I have had a hard time putting my finger on what it is that I don't like about NuLuLu. I think that she is just "rougher" around the edges and in the past few years, JMB had softened a bit. I am not trying to actor bash, but there is something in her stance, and tone of voice, the way she sets her shoulders and her facial expressions that really turns me off to her. This could just be me, but she comes across as very harsh and very mean. I know that others have said that Lulu was like this, esp. when she was after Dillon. But in the past few years I felt like JMB had softened and matured Lulu a little. In the beginning when they were first doing the surrogacy s/l, JMB's LuLu came across as a bit OCD about Maxie and stuff and it came across a little better. WIth ER, the Lulu seemed more mean about things with both the surrogacy s/l and the amnesia s/l.

#17   2013/10/16 11:57AM
    stupit cupit

Ya think?

#18   2013/10/16 01:09PM
    akita

I don't mind the actress. ..but this is not her role. Old lulu was tolerable at best, but this lulu makes me ff almost every time. Shes just awful.

#19   2013/10/16 01:55PM
    mrsmcmoose

I think ER is a miscast recast. She is very limited range and comes across as very uncomfortable in scenes that stretches the boundries of where she is comfortable. And it results in very stiff, shrill acting. And she attempts to act too much with her facial expressions, which comes across as abrasive. She is ok in cute, sweet scenes, but very vanilla and boring. Funny how some say she is supposed to be a 'softer' Lulu -but comes across so harsh and brittle. I am convinced there are better choices that existed- actresses that had experience in very complicated, layered roles. Her experience is just not translating over to a very successful Lulu.

#20   2013/10/27 04:58AM
    taramartin

For those who don't know...new Lulu was formerly Abby on Y&R, she was a quirky character somewhat like our Maxie. The new Abby plays the character more straight (her idea or the writers?) and she is not being well received either.

« 1 2 3 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list