List of Shows

recommended for you

Tell your friends

TELL YOUR FRIENDS

General Hospital - MESSAGE BOARDS

Soaps Boards :: General Hospital Forum :: Legality of baby Connie

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

Legality of baby Connie

Started by momofthree at 2013/10/02 02:26PM
    Latest post: 2013/10/05 05:27AM, Views: 2923, Replies: 22
    « 1 2 3 » »| page:
    #11   2013/10/03 12:53PM
    Re: Legality of baby Connie
    tiffhamp

but didn't maxie miscarried the first baby.. so technically the baby is rightfully Maxie's and Spinelli's

#12   2013/10/03 01:19PM
    Monkey Mama

Quote hotspice58: I think the baby legally is Dante and Lulu's. Maxie signed a contract stating she was the surrogate. Even knowing the child is biologically Maxie's and Spinelli's, both Maxie and Spinelli were making it seem like Connie was Dante and Lulu's.

I don't think Dante & Lulu could keep the baby if it went to court, although you never know in Soap Land. But Maxie agreed to be a Surrogate, she did NOT agree to an adoption.

Quote momofthree: I have read that many believe this issue will go to Court regarding Baby Connie. If you look at it logically, the baby is not Dante or LuLu's so there could only be one outcome and that would be to give up the baby. Even if there was a contract signed stating that Maxie would be the surrogate and she failed that, wouldn't that be more of a monetary issue? And since the embryo wasn't Dante's or LuLu's, in order for Baby Connie to be lawfully theirs, wouldn't it have to be put up for adoption first?

Was just curious as to how this would play out.

#13   2013/10/03 01:43PM
    Insxx

Maxie didn't sign anything that's says she would give up her bio. The thing Maxie is guilty of is not telling Lulu and Dante that she lost their baby. The fact is Spinelli alo have some claim to this baby. He didn't agree to having a baby for Lulu and Dante. The baby is Maxie's. think Lulu and Dante should just face the facts as bad as they arethe baby should be with her parents!

#14   2013/10/03 03:45PM
    butterflycake

I have never been a Maxie and Spinelli fan, but I do believe she deserves her baby. What bothers me more is this.Maxies mother had to convince her today to raise her child. Ellie had to tell Spinelli you love your child, raise her....What is wrong with both of them. the secret is out. This is your little girl....as a parent.....who acts like that when you have a lovely baby, you say you love...I dont get it.

#15   2013/10/03 04:12PM
    tiffanyhampton

But Maxie Lost the first baby, the only problem is that she didn't tell LuLu right away. So technically the baby is legally Maxie's because she is her biological mother.

Quote cardgirl: Legally, Maxie agreed to be a surrogate for Lante and to carry their embryo...that embryo/baby would legally belong to Lante. However, Maxie was carrying her own child with Spinelli so legally, that baby would be Spixie's. However, Maxie could still be held in breach of contract for failing to reveal that she lost Lante's baby and pass off her child as theirs. Also Britt can be sued for mal practice because she was Lante's doctor and she was obligated to tell them about Maxie losing the baby. She was only caring for Maxie because Lante chose her to be their ob/gyn.

Lante can also sue Maxie for any medical cost they paid for because they thought the baby Maxie was carrying was theirs.

Legally, Maxie could be in a whole heap of trouble.

#16   2013/10/03 04:43PM
    Monkey Mama

Quote butterflycake: I have never been a Maxie and Spinelli fan, but I do believe she deserves her baby. What bothers me more is this.Maxies mother had to convince her today to raise her child. Ellie had to tell Spinelli you love your child, raise her....What is wrong with both of them. the secret is out. This is your little girl....as a parent.....who acts like that when you have a lovely baby, you say you love...I dont get it.

Neither of them expected to raise a child, that's a lot to take in right away. We saw how attached Maxie became to her daughter & how hard it was for her to let go so clearly she fell deeply in love, but it was always the plan to give the child to Lulu who always WANTED a baby, Maxie didn't go into this wanting or expecting a child but it's clear (no me anyhow) that she does want the baby now but is terrified because she wasn't planning it & now here the baby is.

#17   2013/10/03 06:06PM
    lisatchr

I know someone who was a surrogate in NY, and even though the baby wasn't hers biologically she had to place it up for adoption. Her sister (who was the biological mom) adopted it. I do hear a lot that surrogacy isn't valid in NY, but I know a few people who did it. So there are ways around it. Back to GH, I hope Maxie gets her baby back and I hope that Britt's baby is Lante's (although I am not so sure anymore)

#18   2013/10/04 10:35AM
    cardgirl

I don't know how Lulu thinks she can just adopt Connie. Yes, Maxie wanted her to have the baby because she promised them a baby...she promised them THEIR baby. Not hers. She should have never lied because now this is gonna be a big mess.

Now that the truth is out that Connie is Spixie's biological child, and they now want her...Lulu and Dante can't just adopt her. Not without Maxie AND Spinelli relinquishing their parental rights. Even if Maxie still wanted to go forward with having Lante keep the baby and Spinelli didn't he could contest the adoption, fathers have a lot of rights these days.

I think Lante do have grounds to seek custody because Maxie did "give" them her child Spinelli for that matter to I guess when he allowed Maxie to go ahead with then plan. That would show intent to not parent their child. But every parent has a right to change their mind, that is why no adoption in any state is ever completed for at least six months to a year.

I think their is going to be a custody battle, and not in order to keep Connie they are going have to show that Spixie in some way are unfit to raise her. That could be tough, but not completely undoable. Lante could just end up with the baby..but they can't just adopt her like she was abandoned...or is orphaned. Plus the fact that Lulu lied on a previous adoption application will come into play. All of them will have to prove they could give Connie a safe home...and with Lante's family background....wellll that could get dicey. The battle lines are clearly drawn here. It should be interesting.

#19   2013/10/04 12:15PM
    Insxx

Basically I think there is a snow ball change in hell that Lulu can keep this baby!

#20   2013/10/04 01:50PM
    Bizlet

I don't think Lulu has a chance either.

« 1 2 3 » »| page:

Please register and login to be able to post in this message board.

« Go back to topic list